First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
You will never get an update emailed to you from Ford unless they started that this year. It's a way to get you not to call too much I guess.

Anyone else here every got an update email from Ford????? :ROFLMAO:

Most here have to just hound their dealers, they may email you but don't wait on one from Ford. Once you get a VIN you can check anytime you want on the website.

Have you gotten a VIN yet?
OK, thanks. That's what I thought, but wanted to be sure. No VIN yet, but to be honest it's only been a week since ordering.

I should just sit tight and be happy because I know a lot of you have been waiting a whole lot longer than that! Sheesh! ?

Is there a day of the week that the dealer would know when the order is pulled or A VIN is issued?
Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
OK, thanks. That's what I thought, but wanted to be sure. No VIN yet, but to be honest it's only been a week since ordering.

I should just sit tight and be happy because I know a lot of you have been waiting a whole lot longer than that! Sheesh! ?
Heck no, you got to dig and check hourly like the rest of us! :ROFLMAO:

Jump right in and be a part of the party, you may find something that can help the rest of us sometime.

If your dealer had an allocation and your order got uploaded you should be realllll close to having a VIN, then you can leave your dealer alone till it gets shipped, then start bugging him again.

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
Heck no, you got to dig and check hourly like the rest of us! :ROFLMAO:

Jump right in and be a part of the party, you may find something that can help the rest of us sometime.

If your dealer had an allocation and your order got uploaded you should be realllll close to having a VIN, then you can leave your dealer alone till it gets shipped, then start bugging him again.
Haha! Thanks, Bob. I’ve found this site so helpful and will definitely share anything I can to contribute. Just so many unknowns with new model production, coupled with the fact this is my first time ordering something instead of buying from dealer stock.

Ford4Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Explorer ST
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Haha! Thanks, Bob. I’ve found this site so helpful and will definitely share anything I can to contribute. Just so many unknowns with new model production, coupled with the fact this is my first time ordering something instead of buying from dealer stock.
I'm in the same boat as you. Never ordered a vehicle before and I ordered my first last week. I can't imagine the anxiousness everyone who ordered months ago are feeling because I'm already in that mode. I cannot wait to pull into the dealership and get the keys to my new Platinum. I just keep telling myself that every day I wait will make it that much sweeter when the day to take delivery finally comes!

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
I'm in the same boat as you. Never ordered a vehicle before and I ordered my first last week. I can't imagine the anxiousness everyone who ordered months ago are feeling because I'm already in that mode. I cannot wait to pull into the dealership and get the keys to my new Platinum. I just keep telling myself that every day I wait will make it that much sweeter when the day to take delivery finally comes!
I hear ya! Well, this site helps satisfy the waiting a bit. It’s nice to see people getting VINs and seeing their progress. Makes it a bit more real for us folk that just ordered and are flying blind waiting for our own VINs to track. ?

Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Well I was contacted by my dealer, my build date is scheduled for the week of 1/18/21. Please update! :D

igor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
Has anyone ordered a Platinum with the CARMELO interior - and actually has a build date / VIN? None of the dealers close to me have that interior on their Platinums. I wonder if that's a hold up?

Nomadic_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost FX4
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone ordered a Platinum with the CARMELO interior - and actually has a build date / VIN? None of the dealers close to me have that interior on their Platinums. I wonder if that's a hold up?
I have a Platinum with the Carmelo interior on order. My build date was updated this week to 01/22/21. It was originally 12/14. The VIN was issued last month.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
A local dealer has a platinum with Carmelo interior coming in

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I saw that! I won’t be taking any of these. Still waiting on my diesel order to get pulled. It’ll be worth the wait.
Definitely do NOT settle.... over the life of the truck you won't care that you had it a few months later than everyone else.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Definitely do NOT settle.... over the life of the truck you won't care that you had it a few months later than everyone else.
True that. I sat in a 21’ XLT today at Future Sacramento. I think I made the right choice by choosing the 150. Its soooo nice!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
True that. I sat in a 21’ XLT today at Future Sacramento. I think I made the right choice by choosing the 150. Its soooo nice!
Well if you feel that in an XLT you are going to climax in that Platinum :ROFLMAO: .
Sponsored