Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Agate Black 500A Lariat with Powerboost
Ordered 4/13/21
VIN populated 4/16/21 and scheduled for production 5/17/21
Priority 16

That happened a lot quicker than I though it was going to. Not gonna hold my breath with all the current shutdowns and production delays, but it's not equipped with any options that would potentially hold up the build so the odds are in my favor. Chip shortage will more than likely still push it back once it's built. Now we wait!
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agate Black 500A Lariat with Powerboost
Ordered 4/13/21
VIN populated 4/16/21 and scheduled for production 5/17/21
Priority 16

That happened a lot quicker than I though it was going to. Not gonna hold my breath with all the current shutdowns and production delays, but it's not equipped with any options that would potentially hold up the build so the odds are in my favor. Chip shortage will more than likely still push it back once it's built. Now we wait!

Those base Lariats are rare!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Those base Lariats are rare!
I priced out an XLT 302A Sport with the same exact options, and MSRP was only $1600 difference. 100% worth it to me for heated/cooled leather, auto 4WD, digital instrument cluster, power folding mirrors, and potentially better resale down the road. It was a no brainer!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I priced out an XLT 302A Sport with the same exact options, and MSRP was only $1600 difference. 100% worth it to me for heated/cooled leather, auto 4WD, digital instrument cluster, power folding mirrors, and potentially better resale down the road. It was a no brainer!
Would be to me too. I love the ventilated seats!

Sponsored

Prufrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB
Keep in mind though that XLTs had, until recently (I assume because of the production shortage), an additional $3000 rebate. My dealer told me that they would still honor this rebate if it went away, when my truck is ready. Hopefully they will honor their word!

Bowhunter

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150 , GMC ACADIA
Welcome to the club, @Andy Met!

My advice is to buckle-up and get ready for the long wait. I've been waiting 6 weeks longer than you and similarly have no updates since getting my VIN 2+ months ago.

Fortunately, we have lots of company. Unfortunately, our lots don't have any new F-150's parked on them. ;)
You guy's are killing me! I received my VIN a month ago. I was all pumped up because I just received my window sticker today and a build day of 4/28. Now I read all of this, sitting on the lot stuff, and I'm bummed again! I don't want to be a part of "Club Wait". But, I may not have a choice.
Fingers crossed!

Bowhunter

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150 , GMC ACADIA
As I have advised before... just be glad that your truck isn't sitting half built, rusting away in a lot flooded with DOT salt water. Have you seen some of the rust pictures?

MY GOD!

I can't believe people are actually taking delivery of some of those rust buckets.

I'm glad I decided to wait last November when my dealer told me "there aren't any trucks to sell you"!

...and wait, and wait, and wait
I guess no matter how bad you have it there's always someone that has it worse. Be thankful !

hr1987f150

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4 Tecknik 2015 ,2021 F150 XLT 302A FX4
Occupation
Telecom Architect
F150 Agate Black
XLT 302A
Ordered 4/09/21
VIN populated 4/15/21 and scheduled for production 6/28/21

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Boss Man
Talked to my dealer and they confirmed they have no idea when I would see my truck. Build set for 05/11 but I am not holding my breath.
Made the tough decision to scrap the factory order and bought their newest arrival.

They received two PowerBoost XLT 302a's last week. Was fairly close to my build but had to settle for the white instead of carbonized grey.
Not sure when this truck was built but it has no rust visible rust underneath.

I pickup the new truck on Monday.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
I get a nasty note about not being a valid US VIN... I read something about not being able to track Canadian orders on the Ford.com site, but I can’t find anything on the Ford.ca site... how are you able to track your order?
My dealer checks Oasis (vehicle visibility) when i call him, no problem. Window sticker tells you the build day, so, no need to ask. Build next tuesday-wednesday. i'll make a call again May3 because nothing much is gonna happen till then. Was nice when i still worked and still had access to all that info...

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
My dealer checks Oasis (vehicle visibility) when i call him, no problem. Window sticker tells you the build day, so, no need to ask. Build next tuesday-wednesday. i'll make a call again May3 because nothing much is gonna happen till then. Was nice when i still worked and still had access to all that info...
Keep in Mind Dearborn will be down AGAIN the week of May 3rd and 10th. Hopefully they will use this time to clean up the partially completed inventory.
The really sad and frustrating thing about all of this is the total lack of communication coming from Ford on these partially built vehicles!

hr1987f150

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4 Tecknik 2015 ,2021 F150 XLT 302A FX4
Occupation
Telecom Architect
I've just been told by my Dealer that Wheel Well Liner and Bedline Tough Bed spray-in are now back in stock at Kansas city plan. So those won<t cause any delay on order anymore.

Andy Met

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger
I ordered the same date and went into production on the same date. After speaking to two Ford Reps, I learned my truck is sitting on a lot outside of Dearborn missing parts. Apparently there is no plan in place to complete these vehicles. A few days back a truck identical to mine was delivered to our dealer with a build date 9 days after mine. The rumor is that they are going to let them sit until they get enough chips or the end of the season to clean them up. I am frustrated at the lack of available information.
Spoke with Ford customer service yesterday and they say it's all build and was loaded 3/18. Not sure if that's true as I can find a freight bill thru palsapp.com ( 0111435277 ) but that states "pending". Going to my dealer tomorrow morning to see what the story is as my current truck needs an oil change.
Sponsored