Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Progress:

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] CoyoteIntranxzitRailCar
Sponsored

TinMan

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Contractor
Progress:

CoyoteIntranxzitRailCar.jpg
How did you get a rail car number?
I asked my dealer if they had that and they told me they didn’t, is that something you by chance have access to?

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
How did you get a rail car number?
I asked my dealer if they had that and they told me they didn’t, is that something you by chance have access to?
I got it on the other forum tracking thread. Ford has info, dealer may be able to get at it, maybe not salesperson.
Now trying to use this site to track transport by rail/truck.
If you enter your vin may get more info but not railcar number.
https://www.palsapp.com/

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Just spoke to a lady at Ford about my truck which has shown in production now for right at 6 weeks. She confirmed it was sitting on a lot near Dearborn missing parts. Reason given, lack of chips. She could not explain why a truck identcle to mine on order was just delivered to the dealer with a build date 9 days later than mine. She would not either confirm or deny the rumor that Ford was not going to clean these trucks up until the end of the 2021 model year. It is obvious Ford is going to let trucks like mine sit until either the end of the year or until they get a sufficient number of chips. My guess would be the former.
That is definitely one part of the process I don't understand. You would think those would be prioritized to move them. I would imagine it takes a lot less chips to finish the mostly built truck than a new build they're about to do. And then you just keep getting passed over. I don't get it.

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
That is definitely one part of the process I don't understand. You would think those would be prioritized to move them. I would imagine it takes a lot less chips to finish the mostly built truck than a new build they're about to do. And then you just keep getting passed over. I don't get it.
Sad part is no one can give me an answer as I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation. I'm going to ask if I should just order another truck as possibly I would get it in sooner than the one I originally ordered.

Sponsored

RB82

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PB, 4X4, LB, Iconic Silver
Occupation
LE

Andy Met

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger
Ordered 2/15/21, in production since 3/16/21, no updates, VIN 1FTFW1E15MFB34053, order # A001. Anybody here with any insight what's up with it being in production for over a month ??

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
Ordered 2/15/21, in production since 3/16/21, no updates, VIN 1FTFW1E15MFB34053, order # A001. Anybody here with any insight what's up with it being in production for over a month ??
Ordered 1/21/21, in production since 4/21/21 (just went from 'Order Processing' status to 'Production' today) - VIN 1FTFW1ED9MFB61282, order # 9123. Not seeing a pattern (FIFO) at least here, I'm sure it gets down to the component level & availability, plant status, maybe even margins.

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
I ordered the same date and went into production on the same date. After speaking to two Ford Reps, I learned my truck is sitting on a lot outside of Dearborn missing parts. Apparently there is no plan in place to complete these vehicles. A few days back a truck identical to mine was delivered to our dealer with a build date 9 days after mine. The rumor is that they are going to let them sit until they get enough chips or the end of the season to clean them up. I am frustrated at the lack of available information.

Sponsored

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Welcome to the club, @Andy Met!

My advice is to buckle-up and get ready for the long wait. I've been waiting 6 weeks longer than you and similarly have no updates since getting my VIN 2+ months ago.

Fortunately, we have lots of company. Unfortunately, our lots don't have any new F-150's parked on them. ;)

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
I get a nasty note about not being a valid US VIN... I read something about not being able to track Canadian orders on the Ford.com site, but I can’t find anything on the Ford.ca site... how are you able to track your order?

mhol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
On the tracker, what does transit date 07 mean? Status just changed to awaiting shipping and shows ETA End Date of May 5, 2021. I'm must curious what transit date 07 means.

Prufrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB
We’ll be interested to keep updated on the progress of yours, as we ordered the same truck exactly one month after you. From my understanding, the dealer should have the VIN...VINs are assigned first before build dates.
Status just went into production today. Not holding my breath though, based on other posts. My truck is pretty loaded with tech options so it will likely exacerbate the wait time.
Sponsored