First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Is there a special trick to updating the dates for my entry? I've tried the change request form but it never comes up showing the empty fields that I am trying to update.
I think I just entered the updates, VIN etc in the comment box and it was taken care of
Sponsored

SLE

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Multiple F150s, 2011 MKX, 2003 F250 Super Duty
Another month has passed so another delay update! I had the dealer check there system as my order/vin on the consumer tracking site still shows only order confirmed after 4.5 months. A month ago they show production on the dealers site for the week of April 21st. As of today, it now shows production for the week of May 17th. With said, I'm having less and less faith I'll even get this truck in June. I'm going to be looking at 7 months from the time I ordered to delivery. I like to think there'll be some damn good rebates when it shows up (even though I know better) considering the 2021 F150 I ordered in 2020 won't even be delivered before the 2022's are out. F'n ridiculous.

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
Another month has passed so another delay update! I had the dealer check there system as my order/vin on the consumer tracking site still shows only order confirmed after 4.5 months. A month ago they show production on the dealers site for the week of April 21st. As of today, it now shows production for the week of May 17th. With said, I'm having less and less faith I'll even get this truck in June. I'm going to be looking at 7 months from the time I ordered to delivery. I like to think there'll be some damn good rebates when it shows up (even though I know better) considering the 2021 F150 I ordered in 2020 won't even be delivered before the 2022's are out. F'n ridiculous.
I agree, mine has shown in production a month today. A realistic answer would go a long way to help my feelings. The dealer asked me to try not to drive my current truck to maintain the deal. I was assured my new one would be in the first week of April, well......... I thinking about just forgetting the whole thing. Ford is not winning any friends on this for sure. I understand the chip problem but they could give out realistic expectations to the folks having their product on order.

Sponsored

volvofan94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 3.5L EcoBoost
Hi Everyone,

Been reading through this thread (great information, btw) and thought I'd put my '21 F-150 XLT order story out here as well. What's kind of strange in my situation is I ordered the truck on 2/22/21, but haven't received a VIN or build date yet. I'm aware of the chip shortages, but after reading through other posts on this thread it sounds like Ford has been releasing VINs to dealers on other F-150 orders fairly regularly (within a week or two of ordering). Just has me curious if there’s a hold up mine I should be asking the dealer about, I suppose. Been following up with the dealer regularly, but no updates there either. Wasn’t sure if others have been going through a similar experience.

Thanks!

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Hi Everyone,

Been reading through this thread (great information, btw) and thought I'd put my '21 F-150 XLT order story out here as well. What's kind of strange in my situation is I ordered the truck on 2/22/21, but haven't received a VIN or build date yet. I'm aware of the chip shortages, but after reading through other posts on this thread it sounds like Ford has been releasing VINs to dealers on other F-150 orders fairly regularly (within a week or two of ordering). Just has me curious if there’s a hold up mine I should be asking the dealer about, I suppose. Been following up with the dealer regularly, but no updates there either. Wasn’t sure if others have been going through a similar experience.

Thanks!
I would look to your dealer, they should have all that info. I would be concerned if the order had even been placed....

Andyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!
Like GreggT said, it’s very odd to have ordered in Feb and not have a VIN yet. Check with your dealer....for sure they have it. What do they say? Was it a very unique order? We got our VIN from the dealer a week after ordering.

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Like GreggT said, it’s very odd to have ordered in Feb and not have a VIN yet. Check with your dealer....for sure they have it. What do they say? Was it a very unique order? We got our VIN from the dealer a week after ordering.
So did we, that part was easy.

Sponsored

volvofan94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh wow, yea, I will check with the dealer tomorrow for more information on my order. I have a photo of the order number; I’m guessing Ford has the order...

The truck has a decent majority of the XLT trim level options from Ford’s Build and Price website. Maybe those are causing a delay in production, but I wouldn’t think it’d affect a VIN being assigned...

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Keep us posted, I would say with almost 100% certainty if they cannot give you an order and Vin number they never ordered it.

volvofan94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got some great news, way better than I was expecting. I went to the dealer today, found out I have a VIN, and my truck's ETA at the dealer is in May. It's currently in production at Ford.

For those interested in what goes on behind the scenes when ordering a vehicle I found the explanation in this thread helpful. At least gave me some ideas on questions to ask the dealer if needed.

https://www.focusrs.org/threads/the-ford-ordering-process-explained-from-start-to-finish.908/