First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Hi zdjelar. I recently placed order for a Limited with same 2 options. When dealer called with the VIN . . . He Also said “estimated production of Feb 15th.” Curious if you initially received an “estimated” build date . . . And how the estimated date compares to the actual production date that you‘ve now received.

Also curious, if anyone knows . . . Whether Ford builds the upper trim levels in blocks together . . . or whether build days are scheduled without regard to particular trim levels.
I received a the same build date on my Limited and I'm in Oklahoma coincidence or actually grouping things together

ford2021

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
sales
So I’m fairly new to this order a vehicle thing. I ordered my Platinum Powerboost 12/7, got the VIN before Christmas, got the window sticker this am and the build date is 1/25. Weird question..... The sticker says it’s coming by rail (I am in Colorado). ...just out of curiosity does the Dearborn plant have a rail yard right there? Do they truck transport to a rail yard? Will it come to Denver and then get trucked out from there? Thanks for any responses I was just curious about the logistics!
How do you know it's coming by rail ?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
So I’m fairly new to this order a vehicle thing. I ordered my Platinum Powerboost 12/7, got the VIN before Christmas, got the window sticker this am and the build date is 1/25. Weird question..... The sticker says it’s coming by rail (I am in Colorado). ...just out of curiosity does the Dearborn plant have a rail yard right there? Do they truck transport to a rail yard? Will it come to Denver and then get trucked out from there? Thanks for any responses I was just curious about the logistics!
Dearborn has a rail yard near by. I believe they do transport by truck to the yard. It will go by rail to closed rail yard near your dealer then be trucked to your dealer.

ford2021
Mostly by the distance from the plant. Depending on location, if I remember correctly, 250 miles is about as far as they will truck them. Beyond that they use rail unless rail lines are not close enough to make that efficient.

Upper part of this photo you can see some rail cars next to the plant. There are some over flow storage yards they have to use sometimes for overflow.

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] 1611020344487

Last edited:

Match

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 Lariat SC 157", 1993 Mustang LX 5.0, 1994 F150 Ext Cab Short Bed
Added my order for submission. Had a clean/unscheduled order in on 12/23/20. Official order date was 1/5/21. Dealer told me today that the truck is scheduled for build on 2/1/21. I’m guessing the dealer’s allocation is what is getting this unit scheduled for build, in what seems pretty quickly. I have a VIN assigned. My order had a priority code of 10.

Sponsored

Foxtrot150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A PB SCrew 6.5
Ah that's OK. When your team is at the top of the pile for years on end you don't have to pay as much attention to the rest. The easiest way to tell us apart is we're in maroon (not baby shit orange), and we've been headed in the right direction for the last 3 seasons. I'm betting Jimbo will break the Saban Coordinator streak before anyone else does, this year in C.S. might be the year. Horns stole your O.C. for their 4th coach in 7 years? I assume Sark doesn't kiss his players, so they might be moving out of the wilderness, but no one in C.S. is too worried. We just enjoy watching the dumpster fire in our rear view mirrors.

Bob if you ever make it to C.S. for a game you'll be welcome at our tailgate where 3 or 4 craft beers are always on tap and the Texas BBQ comes off the smoker ready to melt in your mouth. Gig'Em Aggies.
Gig Em! I'm ready for tailgating season again.

Rseamann

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Supervisor
For those of you who have got their trucks or are waiting on them in transit, any idea how long it takes to get it once it’s shipped? Placing a deposit on one tomorrow and they told me it’s slated to arrive on the 27th (per Ford) but the tracker doesn’t show it as in transit yet.
Mine went to in transit on the first of the month after being completed Nov 12. It has ended up in Kansas City from Dearborn. Still waiting and it says in transit yet. However dealer had on ship on the 28th they received it on Friday

LIVRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, escape
Occupation
Engineer
I've got a build day for 1/26 but no window sticker. Any thoughts on what triggers a window sticker?

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
I've got a build day for 1/26 but no window sticker. Any thoughts on what triggers a window sticker?
Usually 7 days prior they release the sticker. I would try again tomorrow. Should be released if it’s being built on the 26th. Mine was actually available 8 days prior to my build date.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mine went to in transit on the first of the month after being completed Nov 12. It has ended up in Kansas City from Dearborn. Still waiting and it says in transit yet. However dealer had on ship on the 28th they received it on Friday
Mine was also built on the Nov 12th. Didn't get shiped by rail till the 30th Dec. As of yesterday it was suppose to go out late that afternoon. Should be at the dealer today. Has sat at the rail yard for 12 days. Held up 5 weeks for the QC inspections and then 2 weeks at the rail yard.

One good thing, the dealer locked in my $2500 PCO that expired the 4 Jan. Well yesterday I received another one for $2,000. Too bad those things can't be combined.

At least there are $1,000 in additional rebates I can use, with all rebates and dealer selling $1,000 below MSRP, I ended up just shy of $10,000 off MSRP. Plus their has been price increases of $1300 that I won't have to pay.

That is a total of $11,300 off today's MSRP, that is like end of the year discounts, worth the extra waiting I would say.

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] 1611141836797

Sponsored

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
I ordered my 4wd Limited with max recline and work surface on January 6th, I have a VIN and build date of 2/15, if this stays as is I should receive the truck in March during truck month which should have some good incentives

jtquint

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost - Smoked Quartz
Dearborn has a rail yard near by. I believe they do transport by truck to the yard. It will go by rail to closed rail yard near your dealer then be trucked to your dealer.

ford2021
Mostly by the distance from the plant. Depending on location, if I remember correctly, 250 miles is about as far as they will truck them. Beyond that they use rail unless rail lines are not close enough to make that efficient.

Upper part of this photo you can see some rail cars next to the plant. There are some over flow storage yards they have to use sometimes for overflow.

1611020344487.png

Sorry I didn't see your reply earlier.....thank you!

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Mine was also built on the Nov 12th. Didn't get shiped by rail till the 30th Dec. As of yesterday it was suppose to go out late that afternoon. Should be at the dealer today. Has sat at the rail yard for 12 days. Held up 5 weeks for the QC inspections and then 2 weeks at the rail yard.

One good thing, the dealer locked in my $2500 PCO that expired the 4 Jan. Well yesterday I received another one for $2,000. Too bad those things can't be combined.

At least there are $1,000 in additional rebates I can use, with all rebates and dealer selling $1,000 below MSRP, I ended up just shy of $10,000 off MSRP. Plus their has been price increases of $1300 that I won't have to pay.

That is a total of $11,300 off today's MSRP, that is like end of the year discounts, worth the extra waiting I would say.

1611141836797.jpeg
Man I never get those flyers, I was excited yesterday because when I got the mail I saw Ford flyer like you got but it was for oil changes...Ive signed up at every single Ford event, website for marketing materials. Still have yet to get any cash rewards. Maybe you had to be signed up for more than a couple years or something?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Man I never get those flyers, I was excited yesterday because when I got the mail I saw Ford flyer like you got but it was for oil changes...Ive signed up at every single Ford event, website for marketing materials. Still have yet to get any cash rewards. Maybe you had to be signed up for more than a couple years or something?
Not really, seems to be regional.