Canada-guy

Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
Here is my build changed it a few times ordered it a few weeks ago. Keep in mind Canadian Pricing. What do you guys think

F52DF49A-E1F2-4C95-87A0-C81EE9C1EEA7.jpeg

currybob

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 King Ranch F150; 2020 Lexus RX350; 2016 Dodge Challanger Hellcat
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Here is my build changed it a few times ordered it a few weeks ago. Keep in mind Canadian Pricing. What do you guys think

F52DF49A-E1F2-4C95-87A0-C81EE9C1EEA7.jpeg
They only thing I would suggest is on the sprayed in bedliner and re-think the 7.2kw upgrade on the generator option.

It you think you might need it, it's a better system and also resell might be better with that option.

Line-x gives a life time gurantee on their spray ins, with Ford you only get it for length of the bumper to bumper warranty. At least thats the way it use to be.

Canada-guy

Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
They only thing I would suggest is on the sprayed in bedliner and re-think the 7.2kw upgrade on the generator option.

It you think you might need it, it's a better system and also resell might be better with that option.

Line-x gives a life time gurantee on their spray ins, with Ford you only get it for length of the bumper to bumper warranty. At least thats the way it use to be.
This is my third Ford and had the spray in liner and it holds up pretty good, as far as the 7.2KW genny I was sure if I needed it the only thing I would want to run that takes alot of juice is AC in my camper trailer. Not sure if 2.4KW will handle it.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This is my third Ford and had the spray in liner and it holds up pretty good, as far as the 7.2KW genny I was sure if I needed it the only thing I would want to run that takes alot of juice is AC in my camper trailer. Not sure if 2.4KW will handle it.
If it is a 120 volt than probably so.

I doubt I will ever use mine unless we have a serious power outage and it we do and want lots of power but manily I have seen things like this play big on the resell end.

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5d; Tesla M3

Just got a quote from Line-X, and spray in Premium is $600; standard black is $475 (exclusive of sales tax). Anyone who has gotten this product recommend one over the other?

Canada-guy

Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
Just got a quote from Line-X, and spray in Premium is $600; standard black is $475 (exclusive of sales tax). Anyone who has gotten this product recommend one over the other?
Save yourself the hassle and get it done at the factory, Trust me ive abused the box on both my F150's and never seen it rip or peel ever before.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Save yourself the hassle and get it done at the factory, Trust me ive abused the box on both my F150's and never seen it rip or peel ever before.
yeah but they have faded.

Not saying they are all that bad or anything but the premium is guaranteed for life against fading too and Ford will only give the 3 year warranty.

swapilot

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 SVT F150, 2019 Odyssey, 2003 Cam
Occupation
metal cylinder manipulator
(y) Seems high priced for so little more...
Isn’t the factory spray in $595, or somewhere around that $600 mark? And without a lifetime warranty or UV protection?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Isn’t the factory spray in $595, or somewhere around that $600 mark? And without a lifetime warranty or UV protection?
The only reason I mentioned it. For about the same money I'm going for the lifetime warranty and the UV protection to prevent loss of color and shine.

executor485

Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
If you have a tonneau cover, is the UV protection really worth the extra $$?
Reasonable argument right there. If that's the only benefit of the more expensive version I'm gonna save myself that extra coin.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
If you have a tonneau cover, is the UV protection really worth the extra $$?
Probably not if you are comparing the Line-X choices. If you are comparing Line-X to the Ford then yes, for they are almost the same price and one comes with a much longer warranty.

Line-X also has a platinum that is $100 more I believe but they do have specials and it is 3 times stronger.

I have never done a spray-in liner but will on this one and more than likley going with the Line-X preminum. I want the lifetime warranty. They quoted me a price $575 for this truck in premium (UV protection).

Last edited:

desertlivin

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model3, 2016 Explorer 4WD, 2021 F150 SCREW on order
I just entered my info, ordered a 2021 Platinum SCREW with the Powerboost motor. I agreed to pay the invoice, minus any rebates or factory incentives, which I presume will be none. No deposit on the order, I am sure the dealer would have no trouble selling the truck.

Screenshot 2020-09-15 144831.png

Last edited:

currybob

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wish the tracking info had Star White metallic tricoat, had to enter oxford white even though that is not quite what I ordered.

Need room for VINs when they start showing up too. Just a suggestion but that thing is awesome with all the info and stats it shows.