First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
sales
How long has it taken for everyone to get their vin #'s anyone ordered more recently sept/oct and gotten theirs?
Sponsored

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
New to this forum. I take it from reading so far that unlike previous years, there is no chance of taking delivery on a 2021 F150 before 2021?

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
Ordered my Antimatter Blue Plati on 11/11. Getting depressed seeing how long it’s seems like it will take to get it. I’m not a patient person. Waiting on my VIN so I can check the status on the internet everyday. This is worse than listening for the UPS man.
I sold my truck back in August and put in my order at the end of August... Been without a truck for months now and my credit cards prove I can't be patient ;) Still have no VIN or build date yet. I'm dying!!!!

libby2cm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Platinum
Occupation
Computer Stuff
How long has it taken for everyone to get their vin #'s anyone ordered more recently sept/oct and gotten theirs?
i ordered 9/19, no VIN yet... dealer keeps telling me 'should have something next week', but i think info on this board is more reliable. I don't expect to take delivery until January. Sold my truck already, so wife & I are sharing a vehicle. We are both WFH until at least spring, so i'll live :-D

mcmayes

First Name
MItchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Military
i ordered 9/19, no VIN yet... dealer keeps telling me 'should have something next week', but i think info on this board is more reliable. I don't expect to take delivery until January. Sold my truck already, so wife & I are sharing a vehicle. We are both WFH until at least spring, so i'll live :-D
I ordered on 9/23 and still no VIN. Dealer told me it would be May/June before I got it because the Hybrid was a late availability but I am seeing other with hybrids getting scheduled so not sure what to believe.

Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
I ordered on 9/23 and still no VIN. Dealer told me it would be May/June before I got it because the Hybrid was a late availability but I am seeing other with hybrids getting scheduled so not sure what to believe.
I'd be very skeptical due to the fact that others on this forum have ordered after you, and already received their VINs.
It wouldn't hurt to check other dealerships in your area to see how much their story differs.
Did you order 'retail' or 'stock'?

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I have heard that may/June rumor a couple of times. Concerning but it makes no sense to me. Some stock hybrids are getting made so that is positive. Also once OKTB gets announced then our retail orders become priority so it’s doubtful there will be that big of a delay. I don’t doubt there when further delays but I hope it’s not that long. If it was that long it would kill Ford sales as I know I would be visiting the Ram dealer.

ford2021

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
sales
Haha damn yeah I still have mine, just wouldn't mind an accurate timeline from dealer! I'm assuming February for deliver if not March!

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Troublemaker
This week guys, I think we go OKTB this week!!

1605541949853.png
Ok, Bob....time to test your expertise.

Wondering if you could help me interpret the following:

"I have heard back from Corporate this morning and there are no issues with this vehicle; the notification on the Window Sticker is all apart of the production process for first built units; the sticker will be updated once the vehicle is released from the plant.

See below – the vehicle is listed as “In Production;” once that changes to “Released” the window sticker will then be updated."

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] F150 Status

My window sticker has been updated:
(guess this means it has been "released"....whatever that means?)

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] MY F150

Last edited:

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
If I have an order number from the dealer, anyone other than the dealer I can contact to check if my order is being processed?

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran

"I have heard back from Corporate this morning and there are no issues with this vehicle; the notification on the Window Sticker is all apart of the production process for first built units; the sticker will be updated once the vehicle is released from the plant.

See below – the vehicle is listed as “In Production;” once that changes to “Released” the window sticker will then be updated."

F150 Status.jpg

MY F150.jpg

I'm also posting this in your
(Nov 10) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints thread.
Sorry about the duplicate post....unsure which would be the best place.
Yours was built 27 Oct, shipping by rail, should be sitting in a storage yard waiting rail loading. Looks like it is shipping to North Dakota, dealer order number G399. Ramp R is where mine is also, I guessing that is the staging yard to rail loading, not 100% on that.

Your in the same boat as me and another member here.

Once loaded on rail, you should be able to get the rail car number. Going to see if my old method of tracking the train still works once we get to that point.

Getting some info that they won't start shipping till they get OKTB but don't know if that applies to Stock orders. Trying to get that cleared up even now. Hope we don't have to wait for that.

I'm now starting to fear OKTB may not be achieved till next week. Hope not though.

21PlatiDZL
Not that I am aware of.

Last edited:

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Troublemaker
Yours was built 27 Oct, shipping by rail, should be sitting in a storage yard waiting rail loading. Looks like it is shipping to North Dakota, dealer order number G399. Your in the same boat as me and another member here.

Once loaded on rail, you should be able to get the rail car number. Going to see if my old method of tracking the train still works once we get to that point.

Getting some info that they won't start shipping till they get OKTB but don't know if that applies to Stock orders. Trying to get that cleared up even now. Hope we don't have to wait for that.

I'm now starting to fear OKTB may not be achieved till next week. Hope not though.

21PlatiDZL
Not that I am aware of.
Thanks for helping me and hopefully others understand this process better.

I'm also hoping that shipping isn't dependent on OKTB, and that it's not delayed any longer for all those waiting for their retail orders.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

F150 Status.jpg

MY F150.jpg
That is a sweet build! Very similar to mine. Going to be a great looking rig!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Thanks for helping me and hopefully others understand this process better.

I'm also hoping that shipping isn't dependent on OKTB, and that it's not delayed any longer for all those waiting for their retail orders.
That is my goal.

I know some here must think I'm a busy body or got to chime in all the time or I think I know it all (far from that). I just know enough to be dangerous. :ROFLMAO:

Well, they probably right, I'm really missing my truck and BOARD!!?

Some reason this helps and makes time pass a little easier.

Thanks for putting up with me guys!(y)

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
So, Bob, Does your contact at the dealer have any insight into the status at KCM?
I know there are a couple of us waiting for vehicles that will originate from there.
Sponsored