Sponsored

RapidRed5_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 SC F-150 XL Sport 4x4 5.0L - 2021 On Order
Congratulations! Wow she looks sharp! I still have no updates on when to expect mine. Hit the salesman up again today.

Time to start being the squeaky wheel...
Sponsored

MtnSeeker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Finally figured out why my Priority 2 Platinum wasn't being scheduled. It's been over a month as a Priority 2, but never scheduled. My dealer, "one of the biggest in Florida" has no allocation. So frustrating. It wasn't until I got the manager on the phone and pushed hard that he finally admitted its not a commodity issue... he just has no allocation. (Yet they wouldn't tell me that 2,3 and 4 weeks ago!)

sysop

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 Lariat 145 - 2022 F150 Lariat 157
Occupation
worker bee
Finally figured out why my Priority 2 Platinum wasn't being scheduled. It's been over a month as a Priority 2, but never scheduled. My dealer, "one of the biggest in Florida" has no allocation. So frustrating. It wasn't until I got the manager on the phone and pushed hard that he finally admitted its not a commodity issue... he just has no allocation. (Yet they wouldn't tell me that 2,3 and 4 weeks ago!)
My dealer had stated Ford changed the way they are doing allocations and orders in their push to lessen dealer inventory. I was told that now customer orders always come before dealer inventory orders rather than the first-come first-serve basis as it was in the past.

Changes to the allocations were also made due to the fact that during the change from one model year to the next, most dealers would not accept customer orders at all until they had their lot stocked with the latest model. Now, customer orders do not pull from the dealer's allocations for that month, and when they accept a customer order on top of their typical allocation, they get an additional vehicle added to their own allocation for the following month to incentivize accepting customer orders immediately.

I would check with another dealer.

MtnSeeker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
My dealer had stated Ford changed the way they are doing allocations and orders in their push to lessen dealer inventory. I was told that now customer orders always come before dealer inventory orders rather than the first-come first-serve basis as it was in the past.

Changes to the allocations were also made due to the fact that during the change from one model year to the next, most dealers would not accept customer orders at all until they had their lot stocked with the latest model. Now, customer orders do not pull from the dealer's allocations for that month, and when they accept a customer order on top of their typical allocation, they get an additional vehicle added to their own allocation for the following month to incentivize accepting customer orders immediately.

I would check with another dealer.
Hmm thanks for the info, that's very interesting. According to my dealer he won't have any more inventory until Jan 4th, and apparently my PCO expires Jan 3rd. I ordered way back in August, so could that allocation have been used up, or is it supposed to be attached to my vehicle? I wish there was more transparency in this whole process.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Mine was ordered in October, built the week of December 13th, and arrived at the dealer today on 12/26. I'll have a call tomorrow or the next day to come get it.

IMG_0501.jpg
NICE looking truck! good luck

Sponsored

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Congratulations! Wow she looks sharp! I still have no updates on when to expect mine. Hit the salesman up again today.

Time to start being the squeaky wheel...
i like the way the running boards go all of the way to the bed

sysop

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 Lariat 145 - 2022 F150 Lariat 157
Occupation
worker bee
I really wanted those extended running boards. Main thing I had issues deciding on was Space White or the Iconic Silver shown. Apparently the extended running boards are not an option on with Space White on the long wheelbase Lariat. When the dealer checked into why, he said they told him the extended running boards were only an option for Dearborn builds and Space White only from Kansas City.

corkscrew

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Order added: Invoiced Oct, 14 2021 - VIN assigned, scheduled Jan. 15 2022

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Added my order to the list. I can’t thank you all enough for the guidance on these forums. It was critical in putting together my build.

I ordered an Agate Black 2022 Lariat SCrew 502a 3.5 Powerboost with:
7.2 kw pro power​
Max Tow​
Trailer Tow Mirrors​
Active Assist 2.0​
360 degree camera​
CCD Suspension​
Onboard Scale​
Powered Running Boards​
Chrome Package (to NOT get red trim)​
Black interior​
Excluded high weight options including: moonroof, powered tailgate, tonneau, bed liner and Fx4 to maximize available payload for trailer and cargo.

I ordered through Chip at Granger. Great, smooth and efficient process so far! So excited!
Curious.What made you decide to get the Max Trailer Tow package (53C) over the Trailer Tow package (53A) on your PowerBoost? What feature/upgrade specifically justified the additional price increase?

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Curious.What made you decide to get the Max Trailer Tow package (53C) over the Trailer Tow package (53A) on your PowerBoost? What feature/upgrade specifically justified the additional price increase?
Not coloradobrandon or his specifics, but maybe you'll find this interesting relating to 53C vs 53A ....

Like coloradobrandon I worked with Chip at Granger Ford, building a Lariat 500A SCAB w/3.5 EcoBoost in my case, my 'wants' included
  • 3.55 electronic locker axle
  • 36 gallon fuel tank
  • whichever trailer tow package proved most beneficial
Chip initially suggested ordering the axle and big fuel tank as discrete options with tow package 53A. I asked him to, just for grins, also run a quote with max tow 53C, deleting the axle and fuel tank as discrete options (they are included with 53C in my configuration), noting that per eSourcebook info the 53C approach would have larger rear brake rotors than offered with 53A in my configuration all other things being equal.

Chip of course gladly and quickly ran my requested '53C approach' for comparison (this was all real-time while on the phone). Son-of-a-gun ..... the '53C approach' yielded a $10 lower MSRP ($8 lower 'Invoice') with all other things being equal!

We both chuckled at the intricacies and vagaries of F150 option bundling, but the choice was obvious - Max TT for the win and the order! (y) ;)

Just sharing that Ford's options relating to trailer tow packages and 'related' items can be a tad confusing and determining the optimal combination for any build may require careful 'configuration testing'. I'm glad to be doing business with Chip at Granger Ford who was up for that. :)

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Not coloradobrandon or his specifics, but maybe you'll find this interesting relating to 53C vs 53A ....

Like coloradobrandon I worked with Chip at Granger Ford, building a Lariat 500A SCAB w/3.5 EcoBoost in my case, my 'wants' included
  • 3.55 electronic locker axle
  • 36 gallon fuel tank
  • whichever trailer tow package proved most beneficial
Chip initially suggested ordering the axle and big fuel tank as discrete options with tow package 53A. I asked him to, just for grins, also run a quote with max tow 53C, deleting the axle and fuel tank as discrete options (they are included with 53C in my configuration), noting that per eSourcebook info the 53C approach would have larger rear brake rotors than offered with 53A in my configuration all other things being equal.

Chip of course gladly and quickly ran my requested '53C approach' for comparison (this was all real-time while on the phone). Son-of-a-gun ..... the '53C approach' yielded a $10 lower MSRP ($8 lower 'Invoice') with all other things being equal!

We both chuckled at the intricacies and vagaries of F150 option bundling, but the choice was obvious - Max TT for the win and the order! (y) ;)

Just sharing that Ford's options relating to trailer tow packages and 'related' items can be a tad confusing and determining the optimal combination for any build may require careful 'configuration testing'. I'm glad to be doing business with Chip at Granger Ford who was up for that. :)
For non-PowerBoost F-150s, I understand the reasoning to jump up to 53C. I’m specifically curious why coloradobrandon did, because he has a PB.

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
Add me to the Granger family! AMB Lariat SCREW PB 4X4
Order code G206. Ordered Christmas Eve. I’m sure it will be quite the wait.
Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] 80D74619-7789-4690-8827-67D443A3280A

rohandk

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
another one to granger; I think I did ok with sales price. easy ordering...good quick responses, now the wait begins...no dealer in atlanta that I contacted got any where close to this price, maybe 1000 off msrp max.
Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 6.34.52 PM

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
another one to granger; I think I did ok with sales price. easy ordering...good quick responses, now the wait begins...no dealer in atlanta that I contacted got any where close to this price, maybe 1000 off msrp max.
Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 6.34.52 PM.png
I had one in Nashville that would do invoice on an ordered truck. One in KY that would do ~3k off MSRP. The others laughed.

Who knows - maybe today they would all laugh.
Sponsored