JAW1254

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Thunderbird PCR, 2018 F 150 Platinum
Occupation
Sales
The dealer gave me a projected delivery date of Oct 21. As a reminder, I ordered on June 16 and got a VIN on Aug 8. Well, we'll see how this plays out!
I know that feeling. Nobody can tell me anything but the Ford website is still showing a 9/14 delivery. The old "the check is in the mail" scenario.
Advertisement

RajaF150

First Name
Rajinder
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 LIMITED
Occupation
Realtor
The dealer gave me a projected delivery date of Oct 21. As a reminder, I ordered on June 16 and got a VIN on Aug 8. Well, we'll see how this plays out!
U, from states. N you guys have a access to track. But We( Canada) don’t…

evolross

First Name
Ross
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum (on order)
I ordered a F-150 4x4 Platinum Super Crew Power Boost 5.5" in Smoked Quartz and Carmelo Leather on June 18th, 2021.

My paid options:
  • 4x4
  • Power Boost
  • Smoked Quartz
  • 701A Package
  • Twin Panel Moon Roof
  • Pro Power Onboard 7.2 KW
  • Interior Work Surface
  • Max Trailer Tow Package
  • Mirror Power Tele/Glass/Fold
  • Partitioned Lockable Storage
  • Max Recline Seats
  • Tonneau Cover Retractable
Final price of $71,361 using an "at invoice" promotion when ordering.

The only update I've received from my dealer in Beavercreek, Ohio is that they called in late July to say that if I added Adaptive Steering for around $900 it would fast track my order and get scheduled within a week. I thought about it, called back a few days later, added it, and then waited. Nothing. It didn't help. Maybe I waited too long to add it. They called on a Tuesday and I confirmed on that Friday. Anyone else get this call and add it and have it help?

I ended up calling a few weeks later asking if I could remove the Adaptive Steering since it it didn't help fast track it and they said I could keep the feature and it would be complimentary.

I check in with my dealer every few weeks since late June, absolutely nothing. No updates from Ford to the dealer at all.

I would have given up on it except I got my order "at invoice". I've shopped around on Ford.com looking for available trucks that are in stock and all of them are either already sold or they're asking $1000 to $6000 above MSRP, and it's a compromise on what I want. It's tough to swallow that when I paid invoice price.

Last edited:

DBJohnston0104

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Limited / 2021 F150 Limited (Ordered)
I ordered a F-150 4x4 Platinum Super Crew Power Boost 5.5" in Smoked Quartz and Carmelo Leather on June 18th, 2021.

My paid options:
  • 4x4
  • Power Boost
  • Smoked Quartz
  • 701A Package
  • PowerBoost
  • Twin Panel Moon Roof
  • Pro Power Onboard 7.2 KW
  • Interior Work Surface
  • Max Trailer Tow Package
  • Mirror Power Tele/Glass/Fold
  • Partitioned Lockable Storage
  • Max Recline Seats
  • Tonneau Cover Retractable
Final price of $71,361 using an "at invoice" promotion when ordering.

The only update I've received from my dealer in Beavercreek, Ohio is that they called in late July to say that if I added Adaptive Steering for around $900 it would fast track my order and get scheduled within a week. I thought about it, called back a few days later, added it, and then waited. Nothing. It didn't help. Maybe I waited too long to add it. They called on a Tuesday and I confirmed on that Friday. Anyone else get this call and add it and have it help?

I ended up calling a few weeks later asking if I could remove the Adaptive Steering since it it didn't help fast track it and they said I could keep the feature and it would be complimentary.

I check in with my dealer every few weeks since late June, absolutely nothing. No updates from Ford to the dealer at all.

I would have given up on it except I got my order "at invoice". I've shopped around on Ford.com looking for available trucks that are in stock and all of them are either already sold or they're asking $1000 to $6000 above MSRP, and it's a compromise on what I want. It's tough to swallow that when I paid invoice price.
I ordered a Powerboost Limited on 8/31 and added the max reclining seats and the work center. A family member works at the dealership so I got mine for $73k which I’m very happy with but after reading all these post about long waits I did the same as you. I‘ve searched high and low for one like I want but every time I find one it’s $10k more than what I’m paying. Not gonna do that… So I guess we wait…

Pibblemobile

Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
Just signed up. Ordered an AB with Slate 502A with a 3.5 EB on 8/27. I have no clue when I will see it but my lease isn’t up until July 22.

ib_jigged

Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2019 Expedition
It took me about a month to get my VIN after my 5-13-21 order. Now just waiting for it to be built!

jt906

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Mustang, 08 Chrysler Aspen, 2019 Subaru Ascent
It took me about a month to get my VIN after my 5-13-21 order. Now just waiting for it to be built!
For comparison, I ordered a Lariat (502A High, Hybrid, Carbonized Gray) with pretty much all options on 5/6. Not sure when the VIN was actually issued, but on 7/28, the build week was "the last week of September" per the dealer. On 9/3, the build week had been moved to Oct 11.

DBJohnston0104

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Limited / 2021 F150 Limited (Ordered)
I wonder if mine being a Limited will hurt or help me. Or does it even matter?

pkinneb

Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Canyon, 2021 F150 PB Platinum ordered
I wonder if mine being a Limited will hurt or help me. Or does it even matter?
From what i've seen over the last 6 weeks it appears to be pretty much a crap shoot :)

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion
So on 8/28/21 I ordered a 2021 F 150 4X4 Platinum Smoked Quartz with Black/Carmelo interior and the following options
701A options package
Powerboost engine
twin panel moonroof
7.2kw pro power
partitioned lockable storage
and spray in bedliner.

It should show up on the list soon.

We will see if it gets bumped to 2022....... not sure what order code was used to place it. Anyone know any tricks to get bumped up on the list besides marrying into the Ford family. :cool:

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
So on 8/28/21 I ordered a 2021 F 150 4X4 Platinum Smoked Quartz with Black/Carmelo interior and the following options
701A options package
Powerboost engine
twin panel moonroof
7.2kw pro power
partitioned lockable storage
and spray in bedliner.

It should show up on the list soon.

We will see if it gets bumped to 2022....... not sure what order code was used to place it. Anyone know any tricks to get bumped up on the list besides marrying into the Ford family. :cool:
I ordered a limited mid August. No build date or vin yet. ☹😢🤷‍♂️

rkereid

First Name
Richard
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ram 2500, 6.7 Cummins, G56
Occupation
former contractor, present day beekeeper, supposed to be retired!
Nobody can tell me anything but the Ford website is still showing a 9/14 delivery.
Can you tell me which website can give you an update. I've checked the Ford sites that have been mentioned in these forums and there is nowhere that I can see, where you can put in a vin and get an update.

JAW1254

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Thunderbird PCR, 2018 F 150 Platinum
Occupation
Sales
Advertisement

Advertisement