Sponsored

2021 F-150 Online Ordering and Deposits Process

maduck

Threads
Reaction score
FYI - I've heard the 2021 F-150 ordering may be similar to the online ordering process that Ford started with the Mach-E Mustang. You should be able to place a deposit to reserve your vehicle while designating your delivery dealership.
Sponsored

Opsman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Makes sense especially in the hands off world we live in now. I haven't followed the Mach E much, has the reservations process gone smoothly?

TAL2GK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 C2S, BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW X6
How does one come to an agreement on price using this method? Full sticker, no dicker?

BOB L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mustang GT, 2015 Wrangler
How does one come to an agreement on price using this method? Full sticker, no dicker?
Here's the FAQ on the Mach-E reservation and ordering process.

What is a reservation?

The reservation is the opportunity for customers to configure and be among one of the first to order the Ford Mustang Mach-E all-electric SUV with a $500 refundable Reservation Deposit. It is not an actual order and does not guarantee delivery.1

What steps are required to complete my reservation?

Go online and select your preferred configuration of the Mustang Mach-E, create a Ford account, select your preferred EV certified Ford Dealer, and enter your credit/debit card details and address. A confirmation receipt will be sent to the email address provided by you.1

What is a Ford Account and why do I need one?

A Ford Account lets you sign in to the Ford website to save and manage your personal and reservation information. You need to create a Ford Account to pre-order the new Mustang Mach-E. Reservations can be tracked in your Ford Account at owner.ford.com/1

Can I select any Ford dealer?

Only Ford EV certified dealers are able to order and sell the Mustang Mach-E. The eligible EV certified dealers will be provided based on your ZIP code, or you can enter the name of your favorite Ford dealer and will be matched to them provided they are EV certified.

Can I make changes to my reservation?

You will be able to make changes and finalize your configuration at the time you place your order.1

Can I cancel my reservation?

Yes. You can cancel your reservation anytime and receive a full refund.1 You can do this in your account at www.ford.com/. If for some reason, you cannot process the cancellation on-line you can contact a Ford Customer Experience Representative at 800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.). Upon cancelling, allow 7-10 business days for the $500 Reservation Deposit to be credited to your original form of payment.

When can I order my Mustang Mach-E?

You will be notified prior to the ordering window opening to finalize and confirm your configuration, confirm your dealer and agree on pricing with your dealer. Tentative ordering should begin in late spring 2020.

What happens to the Reservation Deposit if I order a Mustang Mach-E model?

The Reservation Deposit will be refunded back to your original form of payment within 7-10 business days after your dealer confirms your order.1

When will I take delivery of my vehicle?

Actual delivery times may vary based on vehicle model and configuration selected, residency & demand. Deliveries are expected to begin in late 2020. Once your vehicle is scheduled, you will receive further notification.

Am I buying this vehicle directly from Ford?

No. The Purchase Agreement shall be between you and the Dealer, not you and Ford. Your Reservation Deposit will not be applied towards the purchase price of the Vehicle. Instead, once you have entered into a Purchase Agreement, your Reservation Deposit will be returned to you.1

How many reservations can I make and can I transfer my reservation?

Up to two reservations per account. Your reservation number is assigned to you and cannot be transferred.1

Will you share my reservation information with my dealer?

Your reservation information will be shared with the dealer you select at the time of reservation. Please see our privacy policy at https://www.ford.com/help/privacy/ for additional information.1

BOB L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mustang GT, 2015 Wrangler
Price is negotiated between you and the dealer you end up choosing (or changing to). That's why you'll want to check with several dealers first to see which one will be giving the most competitive deals.
Sponsored