• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
MKBHD video just dropped with some new info:

Ford tells him the 230 and 300 mile ranges are with a 1K payload. The truck he got to drive and play around with was showing an estimated range of 367 miles at 80% so that would mean a 100% full range of 460 miles!

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
I'll be honest, I got a reservation and totally intended to kill it after hearing the extended range battery was $10K extra. But this changes A LOT of things for me. That battery has to be HUGE.

Now can I get a lifted version with 35s :love::love:

Deleted member 2919

I'll be honest, I got a reservation and totally intended to kill it after hearing the extended range battery was $10K extra. But this changes A LOT of things for me. That battery has to be HUGE.

If you promise to show us your poke ?, then yes please do.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Been wondering how those estimates were derived. Hopefully production model keeps or exceeds this level.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Wow, if that pans out and my order gets delayed I might just cancel in favor of this.... make the 12” screen available in the lariat and I would.

I am kind of skeptical at the moment tho, why wouldn’t they lead with that?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Wow, if that pans out and my order keeps getting delayed I might just cancel in favor of this.

I am kind of skeptical at the moment tho, why wouldn’t they lead with that?
Under-promise, over-deliver. They’re likely set on specifics but are probably giving some wiggle room. Seems like a big variation, however, so part of me wonders if there is a software display issue or battery pack that may not quite match what will go into production.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Under-promise, over-deliver. They’re likely set on specifics but are probably giving some wiggle room. Seems like a big variation, however, so part of me wonders if there is a software display issue or battery pack that may not quite match what will go into production.
Yeah could be incomplete software, glitch, prototype differences... we are a ways out from manufacturing a production model after all. Well, hope it does end up being that (I really hope its a matter of under promise over deliver - or keep your competition guessing) but I guess I won’t change anything until we see what the production model ends up with.

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
If the extended battery had a 450-500-mi range, I would have put $ down on one . Why in the world wouldn't they have wanted to tell us if it was better than what it was. That's weird.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
If the extended battery had a 450-500-mi range, I would have put $ down on one . Why in the world wouldn't they have wanted to tell us if it was better than what it was. That's weird.
Simple, it’s the same as when they underestimate HP. If they told us 400+ miles and then we get less than that then we start calling them out. Now, we can say it’s amazing, and if his math is correct we are looking at towing 200+ miles without a charge

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Until the information is on Ford's website, I will be taking any third party sources and hearsay with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Here's to hoping though that the battery range is a conservative figure. (y)

Honestly, if the $/kWh were the same, I would be fine with a reduced range battery if it were available. The available HP would likely take a hit but that would be fine too.

Sponsored

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia

I was in the same boat. The excitement of the moment got me and i figured I’d ride this out and see where it lands once the ordering banks opened up. I even posted recently in another thread that Ford should have given this vehicLe at least a 400 mile range so that towing distances might be feasible. With MKBHD’s revelation that range on the extended battery may actually be 460 miles, that potentially could mean towing range of 184 miles if using 40% or 230 miles if using 50% of that maximum range. Bear in mind the charging infrastructure is not particularly suited or ready for this at the moment so it still may be unfeasible. However, and this a big however for me, it puts it in the realm of possibility. I’ll be watching this situation develop very closely. My very early Lightning reservation (first 10 minutes of the reveal) might turn into a real truck, thats something I hadn’t really considered prior to this video.

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
He could be correct. But 4 dudes and a case of busch light is 1000lbs. We could be seeing a steep mileage dropoff when weight is added.
Who buys a case of Busch Latte? That sweet nectar is sold in 30 packs. Now you're up to 1001.25lbs.

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
Never trust a guy that cant iron his own shirt. I'll wait for the real world numbers to come out. I don't plan on buying until 2025 anyway. All the bugs should be worked out by then. They might even have CarPlay fixed by then.....
Sponsored