Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
Thanks,

What should it cost to bring it to level??
Are some leveling kits better than others?
How much does it have to come up to be level?
Thanks
If you aren't going bigger diameter wheels and tires, another way to level truck is to remove spacer block that is stacked under rear leaf springs. Takes 20 minutes to remove with hand tools and a jack. No alignment needed and drops rear height around 1" to 1.25" to closer match the front. It is basically making the rear suspension be at what a 2 wheel drive would be configured right out of factory. Suspension will sag a little more with a heavy load but not by an extreme amount. Factory shocks still work fine. Cost.......$0.00 if you do it yourself. If you level by raising front, there are low priced spacers that mount above stock spring/shock unit or a complete replacement of spring/shock unit designed to have a higher ride height. Both require disassembly of front suspension and an alignment. If you lift beyond level, than thicker spacer and different shocks are replaced in rear. $600-$3000 depending on choice.

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
Too bad air shocks aren't around for suspension sag. Simple solution we used to have decades ago.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
If you aren't going bigger diameter wheels and tires, another way to level truck is to remove spacer block that is stacked under rear leaf springs. Takes 20 minutes to remove with hand tools and a jack. No alignment needed and drops rear height around 1" to 1.25" to closer match the front. It is basically making the rear suspension be at what a 2 wheel drive would be configured right out of factory. Suspension will sag a little more with a heavy load but not by an extreme amount. Factory shocks still work fine. Cost.......$0.00 if you do it yourself. If you level by raising front, there are low priced spacers that mount above stock spring/shock unit or a complete replacement of spring/shock unit designed to have a higher ride height. Both require disassembly of front suspension and an alignment. If you lift beyond level, than thicker spacer and different shocks are replaced in rear. $600-$3000 depending on choice.
Thanks..

bubbadam

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
do you have any pictures of your pickup with the original 18" rims on it? I've got a rapid red powerboost sitting at the dealer with the factory 18" rims on it and I haven't been able to go see it yet and the dealer has had it for over a week and it still isn't ready for me to pick up yet and I'm really anxious to see what it's going to look like. I haven't been able to find any pictures of a real like Lariat, PowerBoost in Rapid Red with the 18" factory chrome rims on it. I would've put 20's on it but it was already ordered/assigned a VIN number when I spoke for it.
Sponsored