Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Ford dealer gives your 2021 F-150 retro two-tone paint
Beechmont Ford package features some other 1980s fashion accessories

AutoBlog
Ben Hsu

For those who came of age in the 1980s, the quintessential Ford F-150 pickup was two-tone. That look came with a base color of red or blue (though teal would have been acceptable), and white flanks. Now that cars are all boringly painted, it's refreshing to see that a dealership is out to re-create that 1980s F-150 look with brand new 2021 F-150 trucks.

The so-called BFP Retro F-150 comes from Cincinnati-area dealer Beechmont Ford. It's not an official Dearborn creation, but was obviously done in tribute to the Blue Oval. It starts with a 2021 or 2022 F-150 in any trim level, although XLT or Lariat with the Chrome Package is recommended, thanks to the copious amounts of brightwork that those come with.

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 in Retro 80's Two-Tone Paint Ford-F-150-BFP-Retro-05

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 in Retro 80's Two-Tone Paint Ford-F-150-1987

To that, the dealer and adds a Satin Pearl wrap to give it the two-tone look, though Beechmont says that a paint option is available as well. Further retro touches include a chrome bed rack fitted with KC Daylighter lights and 17-inch chrome wheels wrapped in 35-inch BF Goodrich white-lettered all-terrain tires. Finally, a 3.5-inch lift rounds out the package.

Beechmont requires a $500 deposit, but the total package cost depends on the options chosen, such as a Roush cat-back exhaust, and the base truck. Right now, Beechmont says it's experiencing a six- to seven-month wait time due to delays with production (likely the microchip shortage).

The current F-150 color palette isn't the most exciting — several shades of gray, black, white, two very similar blues, two reds, and a dark green. The Retro F-150 strikes us as a tidy package to liven up your truck that doesn't scream brodozer.

Full Story and more photos:

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/06/10/ford-f150-retro-two-tone-paint-beechmont/
Sponsored

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
I like it. But I'm over 50 so I think I'm biased. Had a shotgun perched in the rear window when that was allowed. Anyone remember that?
Like this:

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 in Retro 80's Two-Tone Paint ole.JPG

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Too bad you can't jump the microchip line by getting a manual transmission carbureted truck! That would be truly retro!
Don’t- I repeat—-DON’T tease me!!!
this automatic trans crap takes some serious getting used to.
had to fire up the k1500 today, kinda missing the wiggly stick

Sponsored

Codge24

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Plarinum, 2019 CRV 2021 & toys galore
I like it. But I'm over 50 so I think I'm biased. Had a shotgun perched in the rear window when that was allowed. Anyone remember that?
Like this:

ole.JPG
Regular cab with a sliding beer window and a gun rack, brings back memories. ?

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
I hope they consider retrofitting the seats with that godawful vinyl from the 80's as well.

There was nothing like tearing off half of your skin on a hot summers' day as your legs welded themselves to the bench seat! ?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Ford dealer gives your 2021 F-150 retro two-tone paint
Beechmont Ford package features some other 1980s fashion accessories

AutoBlog
Ben Hsu

For those who came of age in the 1980s, the quintessential Ford F-150 pickup was two-tone. That look came with a base color of red or blue (though teal would have been acceptable), and white flanks. Now that cars are all boringly painted, it's refreshing to see that a dealership is out to re-create that 1980s F-150 look with brand new 2021 F-150 trucks.

The so-called BFP Retro F-150 comes from Cincinnati-area dealer Beechmont Ford. It's not an official Dearborn creation, but was obviously done in tribute to the Blue Oval. It starts with a 2021 or 2022 F-150 in any trim level, although XLT or Lariat with the Chrome Package is recommended, thanks to the copious amounts of brightwork that those come with.

Ford-F-150-BFP-Retro-05.jpg

Ford-F-150-1987.jpg

To that, the dealer and adds a Satin Pearl wrap to give it the two-tone look, though Beechmont says that a paint option is available as well. Further retro touches include a chrome bed rack fitted with KC Daylighter lights and 17-inch chrome wheels wrapped in 35-inch BF Goodrich white-lettered all-terrain tires. Finally, a 3.5-inch lift rounds out the package.

Beechmont requires a $500 deposit, but the total package cost depends on the options chosen, such as a Roush cat-back exhaust, and the base truck. Right now, Beechmont says it's experiencing a six- to seven-month wait time due to delays with production (likely the microchip shortage).

The current F-150 color palette isn't the most exciting — several shades of gray, black, white, two very similar blues, two reds, and a dark green. The Retro F-150 strikes us as a tidy package to liven up your truck that doesn't scream brodozer.

Full Story and more photos:

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/06/10/ford-f150-retro-two-tone-paint-beechmont/
Really like this look! I’d love to see the white mid stripe with Velocity Blue or Antimatter Blue!! Blue???????

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wolf Man

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Like this:

ole.JPG
Yep, I remember when I was growing up dad had one of those gun racks. Every year when it was hunting season or target practice time he had his rifles up there. Great memories.

Rkh51

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep jl Toyota rav4
Not big on chrome on new Vehicles. But that truck is looking good

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Had an 80' full-size Bronco with that red white color and a fiberglass top that I took off and never put back on LOL

F150fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
See, now where can we get those bfgs with the white lettering? Seems like if you have 20” wheels then you’re out of luck as far as getting 34” tires with white bfg lettering.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
See, now where can we get those bfgs with the white lettering? Seems like if you have 20” wheels then you’re out of luck as far as getting 34” tires with white bfg lettering.
Ah yes the good old days. Had a 81 F150 flare side in black with the pearl white and a sliding rear window. Inline 300 six with manual trans stick and 4x4. Had it converted to run on propane rather than gas. Also added a slide in camper in the back for summers. Needed and extra leaf in the back to level it out. It went many off road places that today’s trucks would never go.

TheOne

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost convertible 50 Year Appereance Package
Occupation
Work
Looks really good I'd buy one.

dropp01

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 ford edge, 2020 edge ST, 2021 f-150 lariat
I actually had an 1981 f-250 painted like that....stupid to get rid of it.
Sponsored