Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Actually you are probably correct that they were driven from the factory to the dealer... In the Metro Area it is quite common to caravan a number of trucks from the plant to a dealer with a chase van to bring the drivers back to the plant or it least it was.
Same thing as the RAM does there on Van Dyke. I used to see them every morning around 4 AM. What bothered me the most is how they drove them. Some drove the piss out of them - racing.
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I went by the Ford dealer here in Arkansas earlier this afternoon to see if anything has arrived. A couple of 2020's I had not seen before, but no 2021's yet.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Same thing as the RAM does there on Van Dyke. I used to see them every morning around 4 AM. What bothered me the most is how they drove them. Some drove the piss out of them - racing.
imagine doing that on rail cars.

rucus0101

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Navigator, Mustang
Can you get some pictures of window stickers and yellow payload stickers? We are anxious to know what kind of payloads we are seeing on the new models.

OP
OP
Motown

Motown

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Can you get some pictures of window stickers and yellow payload stickers? We are anxious to know what kind of payloads we are seeing on the new models.
If you go to page 1, I posted both window stickers.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
No F-150s were harmed in the filming of this ...

I remember seeing this a couple of months ago, I was in shock and then started to giggle.

rucus0101

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Navigator, Mustang
I think he wants the payload stickers in the door
I want to see the window sticker next to the payload sticker. Enquiring minds want to know what the real trucks deliver. I.E what does a 302a carry, Plat 701 etc.. That was we know what truck to order so we can tow our respective loads.

OP
OP
Motown

Motown

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
I want to see the window sticker next to the payload sticker. Enquiring minds want to know what the real trucks deliver. I.E what does a 302a carry, Plat 701 etc.. That was we know what truck to order so we can tow our respective loads.
Ah. Won’t be able to do that. Was just passing by and wanted to get some photographs.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
If you pushing the towing limits that much, maybe you should consider an F250. I would not regularly tow anything near my max tow limits.

rucus0101

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Navigator, Mustang
If you pushing the towing limits that much, maybe you should consider an F250. I would not regularly tow anything near my max tow limits.
I want to be able to tow a 5-6K travel trailer with me my wife and kid in the truck. I am looking at ordering a truck but have no idea if the truck I am ordering will be capable of that feat. I don't want to deal with the larger size of the superduty.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Not saying it doesn’t happen, but that would severely piss me off. As particular as I am, I want that odometer as close to 0 as possible, and I don’t want some kid with their greasy paws all over my new truck.

I’m also planning on giving my dealer explicit instructions not to take any of the plastic, protective covers, or window sticker off of it until I see it myself.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I want to be able to tow a 5-6K travel trailer with me my wife and kid in the truck. I am looking at ordering a truck but have no idea if the truck I am ordering will be capable of that feat. I don't want to deal with the larger size of the superduty.
If you configure it right 5-6K pounds should be easily achieved on most F-150s.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yeah I wouldn't either, plus the ride is not as nice as a F150.

With a 12,700 lb tow limit, I don't see how even 7k would even come close to your limit. I know the heavier models have less weight limits but still, if Ford was using the same model at 7200 lbs, must be higher than that .

All these video's you see at Ford drive events that had towing set up for demonstrations, are using 7,200 lb trailer loads. You know they would not use loads over their towing limit.

They used all the motor configurations with a couple of PowerBoost and all were 4X4s. One video I watched they even had a max tow and a regular tow package, yet still pulling 7,200 lb.

My boat and tandem trailer is a touch over 5,000 and the truck doesn't even grunt to tow it. And that is with my 2018 with less power and towing limits. I think it was something over 11,000 pds.

Anyway, good hunting!
Sponsored