First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
FYI: Got my OBD Link EX and it works so far. Some pics of what it looks like. Ran Forscan app.
Just reading codes to see if there's any errors. No errors. Thanks for help.
Great use for interior work surface.

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 20210509_113944

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 20210509_113958

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 20210509_115133

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 20210509_115705
Sponsored

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
There is a video on youtube from a couple of guys who have figured out how to disable the cylinder deactivation. Seems very simple as its just a fuse at the batter that you disconnect.
I don't think disconnecting the BMS from the battery completely disables it. I clarified this in a more recent video. I'm still hopeful that we can find a way to disable it with Forscan but I bet it will take cracking the ECU first.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
OK watched Mizer Bros latest vid. Figured if Sam can do it I can do it.
(Not sure if he actually did procedure though? LOL)

Made 2 Forscan changes:
1. Set turn signal to 1 flash from automatic 3 flashes.
2. Disabled 2 horn beeps on exit when truck is running.

Used the "easier" service procedure in Forscan vs raw data changes.
Ran SCCM "service procedure" navigated to turn signals ran it, It reported it was set to 3 blinks, I set it to 1 blink. Did the "Write". Tested. Seems to work so far.
However going back and reading raw data from SCCM the value is 4 not 0 as spread sheet suggests for one blink, but seems to work. Is this tool for Gen 13 not Gen 14? Where's the SCCM spreadsheet?

Turn Signal Flashes (# of) SCCM 724-01-01 xxxx x*xx xx 0=1 flash, 4=2 flashes, 6=3 flashes, 8=4 flashes, A=5 flashes, C=6 flashes, E=7 flashes ** see SCCM spreadsheet for more options **
** when trailer is connected the truck will add 2 flashes to the above values **

Edit:
The wiper script is probably for Gen13 so some risk using it, but it seems to work.
Still need to go back and verify raw data and address for this. Also I was reading the Gen13 spreadsheet not the new Gen 14 2021 version. oops, my bad. Be careful. So this is an as yet "unofficial" "unverified" successful result by unintended beta testing of forward compatibility of auto turn signal changes. ;)

Also There is no BCM in the list only BCMC for raw data view, but had to go into BdyM module number 1 or something like that cant remember exact name to find double beep setting to change from enabled (1) to disabled (0). Made change performed Write ok. No checksum error. Tested. Seems to work so far.
I'll let you know if I see any issues. ie We shouldn't get checksum errors and ignore them, even if its just a reply Ack or something.
Joining Forscan forums now to learn more.

Also thanks for the help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
BCM=Body Control Module but FORScan lists it as BdyCM in the list of modules so my BCM spreadsheet is what you would use for the BdyCM that FORScan uses.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
[/QUOTE]
BCM=Body Control Module but FORScan lists it as BdyCM in the list of modules so my BCM spreadsheet is what you would use for the BdyCM that FORScan uses.
OK, that makes sense. Thanks for the reply. Just did a test drive and 1 blink turn signals worked perfectly !
So happy.
Will verify my BdyCM module raw address values again next time I hook up.

Sponsored

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I CANNOT STAND THE DOUBLE HONK! Who’s bright idea was that, Jesus.....I have this OBD dongle I used to customize some things on my Jeep, will it work with forscan??

BAFX Products Wireless WiFi (OBDII) OBD2 Scanner & Reader - for iOS / iPhone & Android Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078K54MT5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_7rJbv8Nxps3ig

Must eliminate double honk.....

OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I CANNOT STAND THE DOUBLE HONK! Who’s bright idea was that, Jesus.....I have this OBD dongle I used to customize some things on my Jeep, will it work with forscan??

BAFX Products Wireless WiFi (OBDII) OBD2 Scanner & Reader - for iOS / iPhone & Android Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078K54MT5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_7rJbv8Nxps3ig

Must eliminate double honk.....
That adapter is only a reader and not a programmer so it's not going to work for removing the double honk. Buy this adapter: https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-EX-FORScan-OBD-Adapter/dp/B081VQVD3F

Once you have the adapter above then a simple change to the BCM (BdyCM) here will eliminate the double-honk: 726-63-02 xxx0 xxxx xx--

Seavee33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F-150, Ordered 2021 Lariat
Occupation
Electrician/ Project Manager
OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum

Seavee33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F-150, Ordered 2021 Lariat
Occupation
Electrician/ Project Manager
Any tablet/laptop running Windows XP thru Windows 10 can be used with FORScan for programming as well as a Mac running Windows emulation
Sweet. Thank you!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
The following has been reported to disable Auto Start/Stop:
PSCM 730-03-01 xxxx xxxx 00--

If you keep the Stop Start status monitor open in the IPC (found in the Trip Fuel menu) you can monitor that every time auto stop start should kick in it will not due to a 'steering maneuver in progress', which is a auto stop start interrupt generated by setting this.

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician

If you keep the Stop Start status monitor open in the IPC (found in the Trip Fuel menu) you can monitor that every time auto stop start should kick in it will not due to a 'steering maneuver in progress', which is a auto stop start interrupt generated by setting this.
This feels appropriate, so I'm just gonna leave this right here...

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 08f634f1e03350c16ec8227a7112b1ae

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost

I feel like turning this off has been found before, and it would generate a dash warning light. I suspect, since it's you posting it, that this isn't the case on this one. So no obvious side effects on this type of change? That's pretty spectacular! You do amazing work for the community.

OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I feel like turning this off has been found before, and it would generate a dash warning light. I suspect, since it's you posting it, that this isn't the case on this one. So no obvious side effects on this type of change? That's pretty spectacular! You do amazing work for the community.
This is actually the 2nd mod I've seen that disables the Auto Start/Stop and I never mentioned the first one because it came with trade-offs. The person that first tested this newer mod (Airborne_Ape) said "In my tests this generates no errors, no DTC's, no prompts, no chimes and keeps the battery monitor system active. The Auto Start Stop algorithm is just always interrupted by the PCSM and will never work."

I then waited for another person to confirm this working before posting & adding it to my spreadsheets.

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
This is actually the 2nd mod I've seen that disables the Auto Start/Stop and I never mentioned the first one because it came with trade-offs. The person that first tested this newer mod (Airborne_Ape) said "In my tests this generates no errors, no DTC's, no prompts, no chimes and keeps the battery monitor system active. The Auto Start Stop algorithm is just always interrupted by the PCSM and will never work."

I then waited for another person to confirm this working before posting & adding it to my spreadsheets.
I just tried it as well and get the exact same thing after a dozen or so stops. No other messages than this one, and no other side effects that I've noticed so far.

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? PXL_20210526_182613087

From what I can tell, by changing that "1" to a "0" you're basically just tricking the Power Steering Control Module into thinking that the steering wheel is currently in motion, and therefore A.S.S. is not activated.

Since this is a normal action that it looks for each time you stop it wouldn't generate any kind of error, therefore, no error or warning messages. It's basically the VW EPA scandal in reverse.

Mission accomplished. (y)
Sponsored