First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Looking to eliminate the stupid pop-up alert that tells me the kids in the backseat unbuckled and got out of the car. A google search didn't appear to have any relevant results either, so it looks like I might be forging a new path on this one. Since the Drivers and Passengers Seat Belt Minders are in the IPC, I thought that would be a good place to look. I've found a few parameters that might be candidates, but hoping someone here has more information on what some of the acronyms mean.

720-01-02: Frost Telltale * Fuel Operated Heater * Seatbelt Warning market * FE Format Menu.

I don't think this is it, the options for the SWM are FMVSS and ECE, which appear to be North American and European vehicle safety standards.

720-02-02: RMB Seating Layout * Rear Fog * Rear Reverse Gear Wipe

RBM layouts are 2-2-0, 2-3-0, 2-2-3, etc. I'm pretty sure it doesn't control the belt monitor system, but setting it to "RMB Unused" might also keep the system from alerting. Could be worth a shot.

I looked through the other modules and the most likely candidates are in APIM

7D0-09-05: FoE Seatbelt Warning Strategy * Quite Time Exhaust Mode * Clear Exist Assist.

FESWS can be set to disabled

7D0-10-01 EV Coach Cluster IoD * Auto Start Stop Cluster IoD * Seatbelt Status Cluster IoD * TPMS Cluster IoD.

I don't know what IoD means and google was not much help... anyone know?

Any feedback is welcome before I start monkeying with the bits just to see what happens.

Thanks

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Looking to eliminate the stupid pop-up alert that tells me the kids in the backseat unbuckled and got out of the car. A google search didn't appear to have any relevant results either, so it looks like I might be forging a new path on this one. Since the Drivers and Passengers Seat Belt Minders are in the IPC, I thought that would be a good place to look. I've found a few parameters that might be candidates, but hoping someone here has more information on what some of the acronyms mean.

720-01-02: Frost Telltale * Fuel Operated Heater * Seatbelt Warning market * FE Format Menu.

I don't think this is it, the options for the SWM are FMVSS and ECE, which appear to be North American and European vehicle safety standards.

RBM layouts are 2-2-0, 2-3-0, 2-2-3, etc. I'm pretty sure it doesn't control the belt monitor system, but setting it to "RMB Unused" might also keep the system from alerting. Could be worth a shot.

7D0-09-05: FoE Seatbelt Warning Strategy * Quite Time Exhaust Mode * Clear Exist Assist.

7D0-10-01 EV Coach Cluster IoD * Auto Start Stop Cluster IoD * Seatbelt Status Cluster IoD * TPMS Cluster IoD.

Any feedback is welcome before I start monkeying with the bits just to see what happens.

Thanks
Do you mean the warning when you turn off the truck that a rear seat passenger might still be there? That option to turn off is in sync4. No need for Forscan.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
It could be your phone. Here are the current list of phones that supposedly support Android auto. https://support.google.com/androidauto/answer/6348019?hl=en#zippy=,android-auto-on-your-car-display-wireless
well, I assume it's the phone, but it is running Android 11.x and obviously supports 5 GHz wifi. I have an old Pixel phone around here, I'll try that, for no reason other than to see if it works and I'll get the Pixel 6 next month.
I futzed around for a while, tried every menu, can't find a way to get iPhone or Android to connect wirelessly (other than just streaming bluetooth.) Here's the only message when attempting to get the Android 11.x phone to connect wirelessly (USB works fine.)
Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? android auto usb

I'll add this to my list of questions for the truck's first service next week. Maybe mine was built before wireless Android Auto was implemented (?)

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Do you mean the warning when you turn off the truck that a rear seat passenger might still be there? That option to turn off is in sync4. No need for Forscan.
No, that is disabled. What I am looking to eliminate is the popup when the truck is still powered on and someone in the rear seat unbuckles their seatbelt. I get a map of all 5 seatbelts with a green check or a red X, and I have to click OK to dismiss it or the pop up will stay there, even if I am driving around after I dropped the kids off.

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I futzed around for a while, tried every menu, can't find a way to get iPhone or Android to connect wirelessly (other than just streaming bluetooth.) Here's the only message when attempting to get the Android 11.x phone to connect wirelessly (USB works fine.)
android auto usb.jpg

I'll add this to my list of questions for the truck's first service next week. Maybe mine was built before wireless Android Auto was implemented (?)
Maybe look at "permissions" on your phone

ColemanFord

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Purchasing Manager

Thanks
You can turn that off. Look at your settings. No Forscan needed.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Maybe look at "permissions" on your phone
that was it! the phone had an individual permission to turn off android wireless
now, if you can just help me set the clock on my VCR … the blinking 12:00 is driving me crazy …

Lateonthebrakes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone figured out how to keep the side mirror spotlights on over 5 mph?

Last edited:

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Hope I didn’t miss it in the thread - has anyone figured out if we can enable mirror tilt in reverse via forscan? I heard the 21’s still don’t have this feature stock and it’s something I’ll really miss from my current car

Sponsored

mxc27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
FYI - if you set the Lincoln Autofold option, it disables the under mirror puddle lights.

Lateonthebrakes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
This has been very helpful thus far. I've got rid of the double honk, enabled bambi mode, and set the headlight switch to remember its previous setting. Will someone explain the digital temperature for the 12" cluster though? I have the XLT with 302A high so I have the "8" Productivity Screen in Instrument Cluster" and "12” LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability; Information On Demand Panel". Does the 12" cluster mean it will work on my center dash 12" LCD? Or is it saying I would need a lariat or higher with the "12-Inch Digital Productivity Screen"?

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
I'm sorry if I missed it, but has anyone figured out dark mode yet? Went camping last weekend, and boy do I need those lights to stay off!

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
I'm sorry if I missed it, but has anyone figured out dark mode yet? Went camping last weekend, and boy do I need those lights to stay off!
Think it's called "Police Dark Mode" under BCM in FORScan.
Sponsored