First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
I do like that the truck prompts you to return to the last mode upon starting. I have been using Eco this week and each time I start the truck I just press OK and I am back in Eco mode.
Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Is there a way to disable, extend the duration of, the requirement to keep "bumping" the steering wheel to keep Co-Pilot Assist on? Looks like it may be in the SECM?

Sounds dangerous, I know... Just hate having to keep bumping the wheel every 5 seconds or whatever the default timeout is just to let it know I'm still there.

Other thing I'd like to figure out is disabling the god-awful backup alarm sound on the PowerBoost. Embarrassing driving that thing around...

Last edited:

Sentinel1201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
@Livnitup I coded the BCM values corresponding to my new tire size and forced a PCM relearn and cleared DTCs, thank you. Other than PCM, is there any other module that we need to force relearn? I don’t see a TCM on the 2021.

Also, is there a way to turn off the darn motion sensors altogether? Similar to a few others, my motion sensors keep turning on randomly whenever the truck is parked outside the garage. Turning off the sensors in the menu seems to reset every ignition cycle and its very annoying. Till the time I can take it to a dealer to get it sorted out, I would appreciate just turning sensors off completely if there is a way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
@Livnitup I coded the BCM values corresponding to my new tire size and forced a PCM relearn and cleared DTCs, thank you. Other than PCM, is there any other module that we need to force relearn? I don’t see a TCM on the 2021.

Also, is there a way to turn off the darn motion sensors altogether? Similar to a few others, my motion sensors keep turning on randomly whenever the truck is parked outside the garage. Turning off the sensors in the menu seems to reset every ignition cycle and its very annoying. Till the time I can take it to a dealer to get it sorted out, I would appreciate just turning sensors off completely if there is a way.
Other guys said the tire size change and PCM relearn was all that was needed. If you set the following to inclination then it might be a solution:
BCM 726-02-02 xxxx **xx xx-- Security_Cfg: 00=None 01=Both 02=Inclination 03=Intrusion

You could also probably just put tape over the sensors if you're gonna take it in soon anyways.

Sponsored

Sentinel1201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Other guys said the tire size change and PCM relearn was all that was needed. If you set the following to inclination then it might be a solution:
BCM 726-02-02 xxxx **xx xx-- Security_Cfg: 00=None 01=Both 02=Inclination 03=Intrusion

You could also probably just put tape over the sensors if you're gonna take it in soon anyways.
So I need to set that to 00 correct? Also, I can't find the physical location of the sensors. I went to the car with tape thinking it will be in the same location as my 17 raptor (overhead console by the upfitters) but nada. I do not see them in this car.

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
I don’t have FORScan yet because my truck has been built and sent to incomplete space somewhere ……. But I thought I watched a video where newer versions of FORScan allowed you to make changes by simple option selections instead of changing codes/numbers. Am I wrong on that or does it not apply for the 2021 yet?

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
@Livnitup, sorry this is a dumb question, and Im new to forscan (trying to get it all set up now). Does the pre '21 addresses work for the 21s? Or do we need to find new address/locations? The reason Im asking is I would like to add keypad entry. The pre '21 address is: [[removed incorrect address - see below for correct]] - Keypad Configure enabled

Last edited:
OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
@Livnitup, sorry this is a dumb question, and Im new to forscan (trying to get it all set up now). Does the pre '21 addresses work for the 21s? Or do we need to find new address/locations? The reason Im asking is I would like to add keypad entry. The pre '21 address is: 726-37-01 x1xx xxxx xxxx - Keypad Configure enabled
There is some carryover in the addresses/values of certain modules but the 2021 spreadsheets should be what you use. The BdyCM module is completely different for the 2021 so you should definitely not use pre-2021 BdyCM spreadsheet values.

If you do a search (Control+F) on the 2021 BCM spreadsheet here you'll find that the keypad enable is now at the address below:

726-31-01 xxxx xx** xx-- KeyPad_Enable_Cfg: 00=Disable 01=HW_Input 02=LIN_Input

"1" is the default for a 2021 that shipped with the keypad from the factory.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
There is some carryover in the addresses/values of certain modules but the 2021 spreadsheets should be what you use. The BdyCM module is completely different for the 2021 so you should definitely not use pre-2021 BdyCM spreadsheet values.

If you do a search (Control+F) on the 2021 BCM spreadsheet here you'll find that the keypad enable is now at the address below:

726-31-01 xxxx xx** xx-- KeyPad_Enable_Cfg: 00=Disable 01=HW_Input 02=LIN_Input

"1" is the default for a 2021 that shipped with the keypad from the factory.
Thanks, that's great to know. I tried to find it on the new spreadsheet, I'm sure how I missed it. Thank you so much for your help and insight!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I don’t have FORScan yet because my truck has been built and sent to incomplete space somewhere ……. But I thought I watched a video where newer versions of FORScan allowed you to make changes by simple option selections instead of changing codes/numbers. Am I wrong on that or does it not apply for the 2021 yet?
You can use the simple options if you like. In the past generation F150 there were numerous mistakes in those simple options because the average user could submit something to FORScan and they would include it in there on the following release. I believe that process of user-submitted values has been eliminated in those choices now but I still prefer the ASBUILT Format editing mode since you know exactly what address/value you're changing. Also, there are many things that can be changed that aren't available in that simple change area. The choice is yours though so if that's what you're comfortable with then use that.

OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I worked with someone on enabling the wired keypad to his truck and confirmed the following works so it's been added to the common spreadsheet:

BCM 726-31-01 xxxx xx01 xx--
APIM 7D0-01-02 xxxx x*xx xx-- (optional) - adds door keypad code screen to Sync settings use 6 if you have ambient lighting or 2 if you don't

If you don't know your truck's factory code then you can get it to display if you have both vehicle keys with the following procedure:
1. Insert first key in ignition and turn to ON wait 4 seconds, turn OFF and remove key.
2. Insert second key and turn to ON wait 4 seconds - FACTORY KEY CODE will display on instrument panel. You can now use factory code to change code in SYNC.

Sentinel1201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost

OK changing this to 00 had no effect and my alarm still went off yesterday with truck parked in the open. Anyone know where the sensors are, that I can tape up? Is the alarm being set off by internal motion sensors or external sensors?

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
OK changing this to 00 had no effect and my alarm still went off yesterday with truck parked in the open. Anyone know where the sensors are, that I can tape up? Is the alarm being set off by internal motion sensors or external sensors?
Just curious, when your alarm has went off, did you have a trailer attached? Also, the perimeter alarm sets outside and inside motion detection on, so it's hard to tell which one is setting it off. Since it does it when you are parked outside, I would guess its the exterior motion sensors triggering it. I just checked mine and it does reset to "on" after you cycle power. I am going to look for a way around that setting.

Edit: could be any number of switches as well, tailgate, hood, etc. until the dealer can figure it out have you looked at setting BCM 726-02-01 perimeter alarm config to "disable"?

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? intrusion sensor

Last edited:

Sentinel1201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Just curious, when your alarm has went off, did you have a trailer attached? Also, the perimeter alarm sets outside and inside motion detection on, so it's hard to tell which one is setting it off. Since it does it when you are parked outside, I would guess its the exterior motion sensors triggering it. I just checked mine and it does reset to "on" after you cycle power. I am going to look for a way around that setting.

Edit: could be any number of switches as well, tailgate, hood, etc. until the dealer can figure it out have you looked at setting BCM 726-02-01 perimeter alarm config to "disable"?

intrusion sensor.jpg
I did have trailer hooked up And truck in my driveway. I have not tried 726-02-01 I will try that next thank you.
Sponsored