First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Old one is plenty capable, 5yr old win10, 1tb/32ram—just a slow I3 processor.
But, today I had to order a new battery for it.

I guess I’ll download the program onto the new one and just use the temp license for now.
Adaptors and cables coming tomorrow, and I won’t get battery til next week.
Wow that's a rare system to have 32gb ram and only has Intel i3
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I have an older I3 with 32g of ram. But admittedly I added the ram.

That machine is still, after 5-6 years, the backbone workstation for much of my network admin tasks. It won't die, so I keep it in place

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Wow that's a rare system to have 32gb ram and only has Intel i3
it was not a shelf item—I ordered it.
same with my Spectra360—was ordered fully optioned

way more than pleased with both of them.
different tasks for each of them.
what might take the old one several hours to accomplish, the new one does in about 5 min.

mhoffman54

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT (302A), 2016 Harley Davidson Sports
Occupation
Car Sales Consultant
I know this will not be popular, and has been mentioned before, but has anybody seen a way to boost the fake engine noise sound? I actually like the concept and wish it was louder.
Fully agree. I, for one, would also like to know the answer to this. Sadly though, most questions I am curious about go unanswered in this forum. They like to focus on tire size and stuff here.

mhoffman54

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Car Sales Consultant
ABS 760-04-01 xxxx xxx8 xx-- adds Trail

ABS 760-04-01 xxxx xx8x xx-- adds Rock Crawl. Thanks @Livnitup!!
Any risk of damaging the power train in any way by adding rock crawl mode? Not sure if that just changes shift points and stuff like all the other modes or not.

Sponsored

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
Fully agree. I, for one, would also like to know the answer to this. Sadly though, most questions I am curious about go unanswered in this forum. They like to focus on tire size and stuff here.
My guess would be that it is possible but there is probably no one looking into figuring it out. If you were a Forscan guru, you might be able to figure it out. For me, I’m at the mercy of those who have the knowledge and time to figure stuff out lol.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
My guess would be that it is possible but there is probably no one looking into figuring it out. If you were a Forscan guru, you might be able to figure it out. For me, I’m at the mercy of those who have the knowledge and time to figure stuff out lol.
I don't think there are any adjustments for the volume of the propulsion sound. I think it's just an audio calibration in the ACM module.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Might get to play with this stuff today.
The bluetooth adapter claims it will be fine for GM stuff for reading and testing.
The box this OBDLink MX+ came in rivals a good jewelry store box
Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? image

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Might get to play with this stuff today.
The bluetooth adapter claims it will be fine for GM stuff for reading and testing.
The box this OBDLink MX+ came in rivals a good jewelry store box
image.jpg
Wow my MX+ didn't come with a case when I ordered 1+ years ago.
I really don't use the MX+ much for Forscan. I use my EX or UCDSv4 adapters most of the time.

The MX+ really is such a good adapter though.
I really wish that forscan was updated to work with iOS/iPAD.

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
I know this will not be popular, and has been mentioned before, but has anybody seen a way to boost the fake engine noise sound? I actually like the concept and wish it was louder.
I don't think there are any adjustments for the volume of the propulsion sound. I think it's just an audio calibration in the ACM module.
I would agree with tonesto7, I do not think there is a volume adjustment for the engine sound enhancement, but if you want to experiment you can change the calibrations and see if it results in something you like better.

ACM
727-04-01 xxxx **xx xx

is the calibration for various engines. 00 is the V8 which gets nothing by default. Everything else is a different engine and probably various vehicles. One of them might result in a “louder“ experience.

Sponsored

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 5.0 (sold), 21 PB (sold), 22 5.0
Occupation
Gearhead!
Any risk of damaging the power train in any way by adding rock crawl mode? Not sure if that just changes shift points and stuff like all the other modes or not.
Well the mode is the same as the FX4 trucks, but it wouldn't be smart to drive in 4 low or 4 high while going to the grocery store on dry pavement.

mhoffman54

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Car Sales Consultant
Well the mode is the same as the FX4 trucks, but it wouldn't be smart to drive in 4 low or 4 high while going to the grocery store on dry pavement.
Of course. Just wanted to make sure that it doesn't depend on special equipment in the FX4 to make it work. The LAST thing I want to do is add a drive mode a blow up my truck...

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 5.0 (sold), 21 PB (sold), 22 5.0
Occupation
Gearhead!
Of course. Just wanted to make sure that it doesn't depend on special equipment in the FX4 to make it work. The LAST thing I want to do is add a drive mode a blow up my truck...
It won't hurt your truck. It just activates lockers (if you have), puts you in 4L, and adjusts throttle + transmission setpoints along with traction control.

davidb525

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
When adding global windows I came across a couple things. I did have to add global windows to the APIM. Then had to turn the features on in setting/vehicle/windows. To close the windows I only have to press and hold the lock button once on the fob.

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 1

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 2

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 3

Dwag21

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
New to FORscan, in order to update the firmware to the latest version do I need to have the obdlinkex plugged into my truck and forscan running? I downloaded the firmware and didn’t have forscan open just the obdlink plug into my laptop and receive an error message saying wrong device. I’ve tried everthing looked for help in other threads and no luck so any help or thoughts would be appreciated
Sponsored