Sponsored

eharris32

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Tremor
@Sentinel1201 Did you get a fix for this issue? I’m having the same issue with my AMP power Steps.

Hello @Livnitup I am having issues with my OBD port and wondering if there is a setting in Forscan that can help. Here is the issue: I have the controller for my AMP power steps plugged into my OBD port. It will work fine, but intermittently stop working after truck has been running or idling for a while (either my generator is working or we are sitting in truck for extended periods). If I unplug OBD connector for the powersteps and reconnect, it will immediately start working again for a while till problem repeats.

Already eliminated faulty ground, checked connections, zip tied controller to the port itself to eliminate it shaking loose being a cause, but no effect.

It seems the truck stops communicating with whatever is plugged in to OBD after it has been running for a while. Is there a timeout feature for the OBD port that I can disable via forscan??

EDIT:
Here are the stored DTC's I just pulled via Forscan. I have disabled idle shutoff via forscan and it seems to be throwing a code? I wonder if my OBD losing connection with the AMP module is related to idle shut off somehow? There are also many DTCs for lost communication with trailer brake controller, lighting control module, etc. which surprise me.

07-09-21 F150 DTCs.JPG
Sponsored

Sentinel1201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
@Sentinel1201 Did you get a fix for this issue? I’m having the same issue with my AMP power Steps.
Yes. In my case it turned out to be improper splicing of the signal wires. I redid the splice with different splice connectors than the ones supplied and everything has been good since.

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150XLT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Lead Foot
does anyone know if we can enable surround sound in non b&o system in forscan?

wlathan

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2021 Expedition
I just bought the 2021 Hybrid F150. Forscan isn't showing the BCM when it scans. Has anyone seen that?

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
does anyone know if we can enable surround sound in non b&o system in forscan?
You can change and enable the surround sound in your Sync 4 screen in options. It'd defaulted to Stereo I believe.

Sponsored

thomhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150, '96 F-150, '13 Fusion
No, not seeing either. The list of modules looks very incomplete.

1643206863277.png
Does your OBD adapter have a switch on it? I don't have my truck yet, but on my 2013 fusion I would get a prompt to switch from high speed to medium speed CAN by flipping the switch, and if I did not do that it would only show half the modules which is what yours looks like. Might be worth confirming that your OBD adapter is fully supported or detected by Forscan correctly etc.

wlathan

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does your OBD adapter have a switch on it? I don't have my truck yet, but on my 2013 fusion I would get a prompt to switch from high speed to medium speed CAN by flipping the switch, and if I did not do that it would only show half the modules which is what yours looks like. Might be worth confirming that your OBD adapter is fully supported or detected by Forscan correctly etc.
I have the OBDLinkEX. No switch on it. It's the device recommended by the author of the thread.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
@wlathan Are you selecting a saved profile when loading Forscan? if so, it wont search for more modules. Click "no" and it should scan for modules again. If thats the case.

Sponsored

wlathan

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@wlathan Are you selecting a saved profile when loading Forscan? if so, it wont search for more modules. Click "no" and it should scan for modules again. If thats the case.
It's a fresh install on a new computer and I don't have any saved profiles to select. I'll re-install and see what the dialogs look like.

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Those sensors are defiantly active all of the time. You can catch them with your phone camera.

To be fair I have not personally tested the connection between the sensors and the crappy operation of the auto dimming mirror. It was claimed that taping over the IR sensor resulted in the mirrors operating more as you would expect and properly varying the amount of “dimming”. Obviously taping over the sensor is not a viable long term option if you want to use blue cruise. I would like to try some IR blocking film on the mirrors sensor whenever I get around to it.
So I put a tiny piece of IR blocking tint over the rearview mirror sensor and it worked. I was going to cover the entire mirror but I couldn’t get it to look nice. It kept showing glue marks through the tint. A pro probably could have made it look right. But instead i cut a piece just big enough to cover the sensor.
Mirrors work as they should now. Problem solved.
This is what I used, XPEL Prime XR. I went to my local tint shop and they gave me a scrap piece for free. Its an 80% tint.

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 95567542-470D-48D8-AF41-8C7DE8606D10

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
So I put a tiny piece of IR blocking tint over the rearview mirror sensor and it worked. I was going to cover the entire mirror but I couldn’t get it to look nice. It kept showing glue marks through the tint. A pro probably could have made it look right. But instead i cut a piece just big enough to cover the sensor.
Mirrors work as they should now. Problem solved.
This is what I used, XPEL Prime XR. I went to my local tint shop and they gave me a scrap piece for free. Its an 80% tint.

95567542-470D-48D8-AF41-8C7DE8606D10.jpeg
Perfect! That is on the mod list then.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
@Livnitup im getting the Titan 40gal extended tank for my 3.0 diesel (they are clearing it out ?). Anyway to change the tank size in forscan to make the fuel gauge and range correspond?

wlathan

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's a fresh install on a new computer and I don't have any saved profiles to select. I'll re-install and see what the dialogs look like.
The profile was the fix. It creates a cached profile on startup and my first startup was abnormal. I deleted the cached profile, rescanned and all is good. Thanks for the help everyone.
Sponsored