First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
This is the ford OEM dish software it’s what they use at the dealers
You would need a VCM3 or VCM 2 the 3 is newest it’s about $1500
This thread it looks like they might have successfully used this $110 tool from Amazon with a FDRS two day pass to update all the modules without the need for the dealership.

Can anyone confirm whether I am reading this correctly? Starts around post 8.

The tool is $110 and the 2 day FRDS license is $50. At $160 plus such long/large updates, I’ll still be taking a ride down to the dealership for mine but I’d still like to understand if this tool is a viable alternative.
Sponsored

SilentAcoustics

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Can someone explain the wigwag line in forscan? What is it for? Can the DLRs be strobed?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Its confirmed in that thread. Good luck with the dealer route

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
You are the man!

Based on this info I was able to enable Auto heated and cooled seats.

Seats automatically heat or cool based on internal truck temp and selected temp. You will also see a APIM display of your temp selection and whether you are in Auto mode or not. Manual control is retained via the buttons. I just implemented this tonight and everything seems works as expected in auto, but I haven't done any long term testing, so mileage may vary. You will need heat / cooled seats and auto climate for this to work.

My truck is a 2021 402A Tremor which is equivalent to a 502A Lariat. Other trims should verify your original as-build against the spread sheet for possible differences.

HVAC
733-01-08 xxxx x1xx xx (Original As-built 0)

APIM
7D0-02-02 1xxx xxxx xx (Original As-built 0)

E12B19A3-1F05-4C69-8053-0F79FC1C604B.jpeg
Cool feature, I might have to give this one a try!

I was hoping that this mapping might reveal a timeout clock to keep the recirculate mode running longer or forever. I don’t see anything specific but there are a bunch of”air strategy” options. I suspect it’s buried in those somehow.

OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Mine is currently set to 5 which I think is the same as 4 but instead with brake coach enabled right?
Yeah if yours is set at 5 then don't bother; I thought it might be set at zero like a '22 Limited VIN I pulled.

Sponsored

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
IT Consultant
Yeah if yours is set at 5 then don't bother; I thought it might be set at zero like a '22 Limited VIN I pulled.
What other reasons could itnot be functioning? Could there be any workarounds such as downgrading sync software revisions?

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Admittedly haven't read all 43 pages of this thread, but didn't see what I was looking for on the spreadsheet.

My 2016 was programmed via FORScan to if I got out of the truck with it started (not auto-started), and someone got in the truck, they could not shift it out of park with out the key inside.

Example, I get out a gas station but family is still inside with A/C running. Someone decides to get stupid and attempt to get inside my truck and take off. But it won't shift because the key is with me.

By the way, I only do this when there is an adult in there with my kids.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Admittedly haven't read all 43 pages of this thread, but didn't see what I was looking for on the spreadsheet.

My 2016 was programmed via FORScan to if I got out of the truck with it started (not auto-started), and someone got in the truck, they could not shift it out of park with out the key inside.

Example, I get out a gas station but family is still inside with A/C running. Someone decides to get stupid and attempt to get inside my truck and take off. But it won't shift because the key is with me.

Is that not how it comes from Ford?
I don't think you have to program that function. If the key is not present, the Park-lock is engaged.

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor

It is called Secure Idle and is in the BCM I believe. The 2021+ has it active by default unlike previous years from what I understand. It was active on my truck without modification.

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Cool feature, I might have to give this one a try!

I was hoping that this mapping might reveal a timeout clock to keep the recirculate mode running longer or forever. I don’t see anything specific but there are a bunch of”air strategy” options. I suspect it’s buried in those somehow.
I definitely think the fix for that is in the HVAC module. I just need to take the time to do some experimentation.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It is called Secure Idle and is in the BCM I believe. The 2021+ has it active by default unlike previous years from what I understand. It was active on my truck without modification.
I found it to be active on my 2018 KingRanch and I didn't program for it.
The only difference in my 2021 is that if I undo my seat belt and open the door with the motor running, it shifts to Park on its own. Obviously the 2018 was an unmotorized shifter and couldn't perform that task for me.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Good deal, thank you!

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the auto dimming mirrors. I feel like mine get dark for no reason at night and makes it tough to see out of them.

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the auto dimming mirrors. I feel like mine get dark for no reason at night and makes it tough to see out of them.
I disabled mine for that exact reason.

The dimming mirrors are self contained and not controlled by the module, so there is nothing in forscan to adjust. The rear view mirror has a front and rear light sensor. The rear view controls the side mirror. Another member reported that the IR sensors used for Blue Cruise appeared to be the cause of it going full dark and staying there. At some point I plan to test a small piece of IR blocking tint over the rear light sensor to see if that makes it operate correctly. I have tinted windows so just having it disabled has worked out fine thus far.

To disable, just disconnect the plug on the back of the rear view mirror. You can partially reinsert the plug, not enough to snap in and make an electrical connection, and avoid any loose hanging wires.

ENG430

First Name
Ahmad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 502A
Is it possible to make mirror lights and bed truck light works while in motion by forscan?
Also how to enable DRL when the gear shift in Park position? Because it switch off when I put gear in P.
I have 2021 F150 Lariat 502A.
Sponsored

Last edited: