First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
The reason why it was dimmed, it’s because there where a lot of complaints about people getting blinded by oncoming traffic, looked like they where getting high beamed, so Ford made this as a recall, to avoid accidents and you know the rest (sued), my 2019 f50 had the full brightness on, I took it in for some other recalls and this was one of them, when I got it back they where dimmed, so I had to do the mod with Forscan again to make them bright , so that’s the reason why all the LED are dimmed when your parking or head lights are on
I can now confirm this works 100%! Works in both the ‘21 XLT & lariat.
Sponsored

drkCrix

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
IT
Anyone know if you can turn off/disable the Trailer Disconnect Alarm? Mine if I leave the lights hook up and lock my doors the alarm will go off within 5 min ever time. Ford of course has no clue as always! Thanks!
Does your trailer happen to have LED lights? Mine does and the alarm keeps going off when I have the truck off with the trailer connected.

mhoffman54

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT (302A), 2016 Harley Davidson Sports
Occupation
Car Sales Consultant
Has anybody tried adjusting the screen size on Forscan? I know that on certain models of the F150 & Bronco, you can get Sync 4 with an 8" screen. You get all the features of Sync 4, without the annoying little side bar for a true full screen experience. I'm curious if changing your screen size in Forscan would effectively give the experience of the 8" version on the larger screen.

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
Has anyone taken their truck to the dealer for service WITHOUT reverting the modules to factory settings? Is it really that big a deal?

Sponsored

Bocephus

First Name
Bocephus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.3L
Occupation
Entertainer
Has anyone taken their truck to the dealer for service WITHOUT reverting the modules to factory settings? Is it really that big a deal?
I have not and not concerned with it. I changed running lamp brightness, fogs on w/bright lights, disabled double honk and disabled auto start/stop. Should not be any issues taking to dealer. What are the going to say???

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
As far as the dealer is concerned the truck is using the same as-built data Ford has!
When you make changes with Forscan on these new trucks the changes are stored in Ford database because the truck uploads the module configs.

If you were to have them replace a module the data that would be written back would be likely to contain the modified changes.

That's why they tell you to take a backup of the module before making changes

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Builder
As far as the dealer is concerned the truck is using the same as-built data Ford has!
When you make changes with Forscan on these new trucks the changes are stored in Ford database because the truck uploads the module configs.

If you were to have them replace a module the data that would be written back would be likely to contain the modified changes.

That's why they tell you to take a backup of the module before making changes

Well, shoot. And here I was thinking I was being all sneaky-like. :sneaky:

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Builder
I see references in this thread and elsewhere of other Forscan procedures (bright DRL's, Glare Free lighting, etc) that are not in the spreadsheet that started this thread. Where can one find a list or source for these other available changes?

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
I see references in this thread and elsewhere of other Forscan procedures (bright DRL's, Glare Free lighting, etc) that are not in the spreadsheet that started this thread. Where can one find a list or source for these other available changes?
They are usually shared within this thread or this forum, just need to search for it. For everything related on SYNC 4 will be in the “SYNC, Audio, Nav, Phone, FORScan, FordPass, Driving Aids” category just like the one I posted for the LED Bar brigher mod I posted. I did however send every mod that I have done that isn’t on the FORScan spreadsheet to @Livnitup but that’s up to his discretion to add it to the main page of the spreadsheet.

Sponsored

nubbles

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 RCSB 5.0
I think some of the features you hear about are only available for earlier models as well. It probably takes time to figure everything out, I'm sure the list will continue to grow.

I was successful in my first outing with this forscan stuff. I thought I was messing up the window up/down function but I didn't realize that I needed to do all of the changes in that section and not just the two that talk about doing it with the remote.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I have a post out there for adding Adaptive Lighting + Glare Free
Enabling Adaptive Driving Beams for Trucks with Auto High Beams (TEST) | F150gen14.com -- 2021+ Ford F-150, Lightning EV, Raptor Forum (14th Gen) | Owners, News, Discussions
(Please note the warning you will receive on startup when enabled - I'm not sure if newer IPC firmware still throw the error)

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I think some of the features you hear about are only available for earlier models as well. It probably takes time to figure everything out, I'm sure the list will continue to grow.

I was successful in my first outing with this forscan stuff. I thought I was messing up the window up/down function but I didn't realize that I needed to do all of the changes in that section and not just the two that talk about doing it with the remote.
I've thought long and hard about coming up with a web-based system that helps show you the exact changes to make for a feature but I can't think of a sustainable way to maintain it with all the different firmware and builds out there.

I hate using the spreadsheet at the time of making the changes

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Builder
I have a post out there for adding Adaptive Lighting + Glare Free
Enabling Adaptive Driving Beams for Trucks with Auto High Beams (TEST) | F150gen14.com -- 2021+ Ford F-150, Lightning EV, Raptor Forum (14th Gen) | Owners, News, Discussions
(Please note the warning you will receive on startup when enabled - I'm not sure if newer IPC firmware still throw the error)
Made that change last night with no warnings after making the change to the HCM (long bed, no scales/ccd)

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Okay
downloaded ForScan lite to my Apple stuff.
ordered the cables suggested.
Now I guess I need to download to one of my laptops.
One of the laptops is an I3 I think, it’s kinda old but still works—slowly
The other laptop is a “lightning fast” Spectra with an I7.

will the old one work okay? Or should I go ahead and put it on the new one?

I dont believe the licensing is able to be used on both.

Also kind of interested in installing an app to scan the GM cars.
Any suggestions on what to get for IOS?
Sponsored