2021 F-150 EcoBoost Typical Issues?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If you can find an opportunity to test drive for more than just the typical 10 minute test drive, you can see for yourself if you are considering a truck that has obvious issues.

Say...... a couple of hours?
And preferably starting with a cold truck?

That would give you enough time to put the truck through a good shakedown.
Sponsored

rtf150

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Agate Black 501A FX4 Powerboost
Never test drove my PB. It was COVID and no trucks to be found and had delivered from out of state. I have never driven any other PB other than mine. Other than the heat exchanger leak which is now a very simple fix everything with the truck has been almost perfect. The two other issues I’ve had are not PB related. I think someone who has a PB thinks it’s so special that none of the parts on a PB truck are on any other trim. Such as “moon roof leaking on my PB”. “Camera fault on my PB” So it gets logged as a PB issue…when most if not all trims with the moonroof and or camera use the same one. As far as the PB as a unit…I wouldn’t buy another truck on the market today.

mredwin25

First Name
edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
I have a 2021 3.5 ecoboost. No complaints at all. I bought it 8 months ago with 21,000 miles now it has 49,000 and have had zero issues or complaints. Tons of power drives as smooth as anything. 2.5 inch leveling kit on it and tires are Toyo open country at3. 295 60 r20. Get 18 mpg driving locally 20-21 on longer trips. Always run shell 93 fuel in it.
28k miles in 8 months? 😯

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Make sure the one you buy has its software updated unless you want to spend $500+ and 20 hours of your own time doing the updates.

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Never test drove my PB. It was COVID and no trucks to be found and had delivered from out of state. I have never driven any other PB other than mine. Other than the heat exchanger leak which is now a very simple fix everything with the truck has been almost perfect. The two other issues I’ve had are not PB related. I think someone who has a PB thinks it’s so special that none of the parts on a PB truck are on any other trim. Such as “moon roof leaking on my PB”. “Camera fault on my PB” So it gets logged as a PB issue…when most if not all trims with the moonroof and or camera use the same one. As far as the PB as a unit…I wouldn’t buy another truck on the market today.
Thank you for stating that. However, if all the bad mouthing has driven the price down like some claim there might be some PB deals out there. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Now I’m hijacking EB threads😉

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not letting go of mine anytime soon. So doesn't apply. :)

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Double post phenomenon

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
I test drove my PB for 5 minutes because the dealer made me. It was the last day of a promotion that I wanted, we all knew I was leaving in that truck, and the salesman tossed me the keys and told me to take my time as he needed some time on the paperwork. I learned absolutely nothing from that drive, but I absolutely love the truck.

Chosenman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 FX4 Off Road
I have a fair few miles on my 21, only issues I have had (drive wise) is a catalytic converter replacement. I love it otherwise.
Let's not get into the satnav, bt, or wifi issues..

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 EcoBoost Typical Issues? 1698794455883
Sponsored