Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Traded in a 2018 for a 2021
-Why does the FX4 off-road version have standard all season tires and not something more aggressive, these tires slip so much off-road...
-Why does the max tow package not have larger more usable mirrors
-Why are the finder wells un protected, no liners
list is building, wish I didn't get this truck,,,,,
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Tires: I have to agree with you on that one, truck should have more aggressive tires. Then again, that is what the Tremor (like GMC AT4 and Chevy Trail Boss) will be built like. It will be the sub-Raptor off-roader. My truck isn’t leaving the dealership with stock tires.

Max Tow: The package allows you to option the tow mirrors, not everyone wants them, so they have to be an option and not standard like F-250.

Inner fender protection: also an option, but very easily added as an aftermarket mod. A lot of members actually prefer the aftermarket one’s over Ford OEM.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
Don't sweat the rear wheel liners. I put them on my Platinum last weekend. Took all of 3 min per side and look great. 147$ shipped. They are a 180$ option but I have not seen many with them.

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
Traded in a 2018 for a 2021
-Why does the FX4 off-road version have standard all season tires and not something more aggressive, these tires slip so much off-road...
-Why does the max tow package not have larger more usable mirrors
-Why are the finder wells un protected, no liners
list is building, wish I didn't get this truck,,,,,
Buyers remorse. You didn’t know about these items that you are seeing as “issues“ before you purchased the truck?

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
Did you not checks this stuff out BEFORE YOU BOUGHT!! seems its your problem--and not FORDS!!

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Steven,

How many miles were on your 2018? I have a different perspective, my previous truck was a 2006 Silverado. I spent every opportunity maintaining it, so it drove and handled like new and had relatively low mileage for the year when I sold it (150K). I would have kept it but it was a crew cab and when I got it, despite looking for a truck the same as my current one; single cab, long-bed, it was too good a deal to pass up. I have been looking for a newer truck for the last three years and have been unable to find anything, so I ordered a 2021 last year.

Many of the problems with new trucks in the last ten years are mostly due to the mandated CAFE standards that have resulted in unintended consequences.

I am sure that the seemingly short sighted decisions made by manufacturers are a result of the pressure to meet certain fuel economy goals. Ford makes just shy of a million F-150s every year, so on a popular option like the FX4, true off-road tires would hurt those goals. It also sucks that money and R&D are wasted on technology that is only there to change the MPG numbers on the sticker. Not to make sure that the truck is more reliable or useful.

I agree that the tow package should have larger mirrors, maybe not the huge compound mirrors that are optional but at least something larger than the standard mirrors.

You don’t say what trim level you have but it’s pretty standard to not have wheel liners in lower trim level trucks, neither of my previous trucks had them. I think they are optional on Lariat and standard on the higher trims.

Even if I had a 2013 truck, unless there was something wrong with it, or it had really high mileage, I probably wouldn’t be trading for something new. Especially not in the first model year, my own truck has the worst door fit of any vehicle I have ever owned and so far after 500 miles, it’s my only complaint.

These forums have been a good resource for me and hopefully for you and your truck as well.

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
What a weird thread.

You sit in a previous gen, and you sit in one of the 2021's and it's a whole different world. And this dude is beefing about a $180 well wheel liner?

Really?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.