First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Will the Ford Bed Extender fit with the following options? The tailgate has the "Tailgate Work Surface" this work surface on the tailgate doe not have holes. The tailgate also has the pull out step up option and factory spray in bed liner. Also has the 2k outlet and of course the LED bed lights. Will the Ford "Bed Extender" fit, will not having holes in the tailgate surface be an issue? I would not expect to use it much as an extender but more as cargo stop area inside the bed. Truck will also have a new Retrax Pro XR Tonneau cover next week... it is being delivered on Sat. and will install on Mon. as it takes two to install.
Sponsored

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I'm interested in this as well, my dealer ordered one for me and has it ready to install when my truck is delivered in a few weeks. They said it would fit, but I am doubtful considering all the same issues you brought up.

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Will the Ford Bed Extender fit with the following options? The tailgate has the "Tailgate Work Surface" this work surface on the tailgate doe not have holes. The tailgate also has the pull out step up option and factory spray in bed liner. Also has the 2k outlet and of course the LED bed lights. Will the Ford "Bed Extender" fit, will not having holes in the tailgate surface be an issue? I would not expect to use it much as an extender but more as cargo stop area inside the bed. Truck will also have a new Retrax Pro XR Tonneau cover next week... it is being delivered on Sat. and will install on Mon. as it takes two to install.
Same situation, same questions, same cover and same use case (mostly for cargo stop).

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
See video I found online

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I am also considering the regular extender as well instead of the fold up. I like that I can remove the regular extender rather than the fold up being bolted in. The regular should have no fitment issues.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I am moving my extender to my new truck, and had same concerns that I addressed here, including pics: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/best-bed-dividers-and-organizers.1226/post-15984

I have spray liner and the holes were fine on mine, but every spray job is different, you may have to bore it out a little. I measured the holes on a gen14 on dealer lot and the spacing is compatible. The only issue is the peg, which really doesn't do much anyway, it is pretty taut already and doesn't tweak. I show multiple positions where I plan to use the propower without removing the extender. When I get the new truck I'll post a fresh set of pics.

hydrant328

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
So am i correct that the 2020 model extender fits the 2021?

OP
OP
NY Cowboy

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Yes, it fit mine.

Bocephus

First Name
Bocephus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.3L
Occupation
Entertainer
Were the center, pivot holes threaded in yours? Mine are not threaded.

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 Bed Extender IMG_3602.JPG

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 Bed Extender IMG_3603.JPG

OP
OP
NY Cowboy

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Yes, but we used tap set do clean out the paint and the spray in bedliner. If you just use the bolt that comes with it you need to be real careful, couple of turns in then unscrew it then a couple of turn in and repeat the process till threaded.

Sponsored

Bocephus

First Name
Bocephus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.3L
Occupation
Entertainer
Yes, but we used tap set do clean out the paint and the spray in bedliner. If you just use the bolt that comes with it you need to be real careful, couple of turns in then unscrew it then a couple of turn in and repeat the process till threaded.
So you are saying there are threads there, but they are covered with paint?

OP
OP
NY Cowboy

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
OP
OP
NY Cowboy

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Don't have the part number but I ordered it from Amazon.com

hydrant328

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Don't have the part number but I ordered it from Amazon.com
You ordered a Ford one or after market? I've seen 2 different for ones. One for 15-20 and a more expensive one that says for 2021. Does the other fit?
Sponsored