tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
I'd really like to know this from all:

Did you run the piss out of it the moment you got it, or did you baby it for the first few thousand miles?

I'm in the run the piss out of it camp, have done so on all new engines I acquire and haven't had issues (I don't own a coyote.) Right off the lot and straight to the speed limiter as quick as she'll get there.
the day I went to pick it up I found an open stretch of highway and flogged it at 75% up to say 4000 rpm and then let it coast down to 2000 (build back pressure) and repeated this for about 15 minutes. Rev up, and let it coast down. All in sport mode

my 5.0 does not burn a drop of oil and I check it weekly
Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
I wonder if they have any aftermarket heads available yet that might be an improvement for those waiting

has me wondering why some people are saying the OEM heads are hit or miss

Omniint

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Engineer
My 2021 F150 with 5.0 engine had oil light come on at 1,000 miles. Add a quart and it was low again at 2,000! It occasionally blows out clouds of blue smoke and it is embarrassing when the person parked next to me gets smoked out in their car. This is terrible for a $65,000 truck. It is at the dealer for a couple of days but they said that may be normal oil consumption! It is not normal to have to add oil every other fill up. I had to rebuild my old trucks when they burned oil like that. This is defiantly not good for the engine or the environment.
Ford finally replaced the heads on my truck. It took a year do get this done. I just picked it up and now there is a knocking sound coming from the top of the engine. The dealer said that Ford told them that it will go away! It is annoying and I don't believe that this is going to go away. I just traded one problem for another!!

Omniint

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Engineer
My February 28th ship date for my replacement Head was rescheduled for March 4th.

Now it’s been re-rescheduled for March 17th.

BEWARE! …if you think you’re getting your heads replaced anytime “soon”, you’re NOT!
It took them a year to replace my heads. Now there is a knocking coming from the top of the engine. I just traded one problem for another!
Sponsored