Sponsored

2021 3.5L EB installed AFE Scorcher and Roush Intake

wicked24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5L-TT
I just installed the AFe Scorcher Bt and Roush Intake. I was not sure what to expect since I saw different reviews and none were for the 2021 F150.

The install on the Scorcher was super easy. Quick install, quick set up.

I installed the Roush intake took about 40 mins. It was fairly simple. Turbo noises are much more noticeable, one thing that did shock me was the bov is much more noticeable. I can hear it even with the doors and windows up. I did leave the intake open just to try it. I plan to install the cover next week to see the difference.

Together, the truck pulls much harder when in race mode on Afe scorcher. Butt dyno gives it an A++++. AFE Dyno shows a 56hp and 62tq gain with just the scorcher. It is nice as it can be controlled with my phone through Bt no need to try to run the wires into the cabin.

2021 F150 3.5L EB 4x4 Fx4 STX
Current mods:
AFe Scorcher Bluetooth
Roush CAI
JLT oil separator
RC 2in Level
20x9 Method 305 NV
BFG KO2 35s
LED bulbs headlights and fogs
Installed OEM Ford side steps
OEM Ford tailgate shock
Shorty antenna
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

wicked24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5L-TT
I just installed the AFe Scorcher Bt and Roush Intake. I was not sure what to expect since I saw different reviews and none were for the 2021 F150.

The install on the Scorcher was super easy. Quick install, quick set up.

I installed the Roush intake took about 40 mins. It was fairly simple. Turbo noises are much more noticeable, one thing that did shock me was the bov is much more noticeable. I can hear it even with the doors and windows up. I did leave the intake open just to try it. I plan to install the cover next week to see the difference.

Together, the truck pulls much harder when in race mode on Afe scorcher. Butt dyno gives it an A++++. AFE Dyno shows a 56hp and 62tq gain with just the scorcher. It is nice as it can be controlled with my phone through Bt no need to try to run the wires into the cabin.

2021 F150 3.5L EB 4x4 Fx4 STX
Current mods:
AFe Scorcher Bluetooth
Roush CAI
JLT oil separator
RC 2in Level
20x9 Method 305 NV
BFG KO2 35s
LED bulbs headlights and fogs
Installed OEM Ford side steps
OEM Ford tailgate shock
Shorty antenna
Update:

Afe Scorcher after a week started throwing a code on the dash and making the truck go into limp mode. I need to contact Afe. I have to unplug the battery for like 15 mins restart and code goes away for only like a couple days. If I shut off the truck and put the bypass plug the codes go off as soon as I turn the truck back on. Seems like the scorcher makes the truck go in limp mode after a couple days. Not sure what the issue is. Too bad I was pretty excited when I got it, now it's more of an annoyance when I put it on because it will go on limp mode at random when driving. So I have now been driving with the bypass plug for a week and no codes.

Dsmenardvt

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 501A SCrew 6'7" Antimatter PB
Occupation
Concrete
Update?

HellcatTremorStang

First Name
Corrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 F150 Tremor. ‘21 Redeye Charger. ‘21 5.0L GT
Occupation
Business Owner
Update:

Afe Scorcher after a week started throwing a code on the dash and making the truck go into limp mode. I need to contact Afe. I have to unplug the battery for like 15 mins restart and code goes away for only like a couple days. If I shut off the truck and put the bypass plug the codes go off as soon as I turn the truck back on. Seems like the scorcher makes the truck go in limp mode after a couple days. Not sure what the issue is. Too bad I was pretty excited when I got it, now it's more of an annoyance when I put it on because it will go on limp mode at random when driving. So I have now been driving with the bypass plug for a week and no codes.

Any update?

Is a scorcher similar to a JB4?

OP
OP

wicked24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5L-TT
It's not really working and afe customer service is shyt.
Sponsored