Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Hvac
What setting did you use for yours?

You did yourself right?
2” setting. This is a max tow truck, so it had a lot of rake. I did it myself. Eventually I may put it at 2.5.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
2” setting. This is a max tow truck, so it had a lot of rake. I did it myself. Eventually I may put it at 2.5.
Personally, these trucks look good with a little rake, not a lot, but a little, yours looks just right. Nice work!

Sponsored

Jjdh

First Name
Jerimey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Hvac
I ordered some Bilstein boots from Summit racing to put on these to protect the shaft. Gotta keep it covered. 😂

Jjdh

First Name
Jerimey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Hvac
One thing I noticed is the oem shocks are a lot more difficult to compress, and rebound a lot faster than the Bilstein. Anyone able to chime in on that. Here are a couple videos. I’m not sure if they will be easy to see. I also noticed that if you bottom out the Bilstein, it will actually stay stuck down. Ideas on that?

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
One thing I noticed is the oem shocks are a lot more difficult to compress, and rebound a lot faster than the Bilstein. Anyone able to chime in on that. Here are a couple videos. I’m not sure if they will be easy to see. I also noticed that if you bottom out the Bilstein, it will actually stay stuck down. Ideas on that?

That’s interesting, I had the opposite experience with my prior Bilstein 4600 and my current fox’s. The only ones I’ve seen stay compressed were the stock rancho’s that came in my f250 and they were garbage and I think they lost their charge. Yours don’t look bad to me though.

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
The stock shocks also do a poor job at dampening so I’m not that surprised that they seem to move more freely

Jjdh

First Name
Jerimey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Hvac
The stock shocks also do a poor job at dampening so I’m not that surprised that they seem to move more freely
The stocks are a lot more difficult to compress, and rebound real fast

Sponsored

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The stocks are a lot more difficult to compress, and rebound real fast
I had a similar experience with my stock shocks when i replaced them at 3000 miles with bilstein 5100s. 5100s performance is far superior to stock.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I imagine the compression/expansion differences are due to differences in valving and compression ratios. The tough compression/fast expansion can be experienced while driving the truck, if you take a turn at reasonable speed and hit a bump, you are very likely to experience axle walk with the stock shocks (I know I did).

Do not worry about them getting "stuck" in the compressed position, gonna have several hundred pounds of leaf spring "unstucking" them, it is likely the valve reaching a neutral pressure zone when bottomed out, this is a good thing, you don't want the shock trying to "bounce" back quickly with the leaf springs also trying to return to an uncompressed position.

I'm sure there's some folks here who can explain/understand it better than I, but this is just based on my understanding of the rear suspension.

Jjdh

First Name
Jerimey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Hvac
I imagine the compression/expansion differences are due to differences in valving and compression ratios. The tough compression/fast expansion can be experienced while driving the truck, if you take a turn at reasonable speed and hit a bump, you are very likely to experience axle walk with the stock shocks (I know I did).

Do not worry about them getting "stuck" in the compressed position, gonna have several hundred pounds of leaf spring "unstucking" them, it is likely the valve reaching a neutral pressure zone when bottomed out, this is a good thing, you don't want the shock trying to "bounce" back quickly with the leaf springs also trying to return to an uncompressed position.

I'm sure there's some folks here who can explain/understand it better than I, but this is just based on my understanding of the rear suspension.
Thanks for the explanation!

12th Man Ag

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch
Is the warranty worth the price? You can get this same setup from Stage3 for $1099. Seems the extra $650 is Ford fluff?

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Is the warranty worth the price? You can get this same setup from Stage3 for $1099. Seems the extra $650 is Ford fluff?
Depends how much you value warranty?

I’m seeing $1550 for the Ford Performance kit at Stage3.

Not sure where you’re getting $650 from?

Keep in mind the front assemblies on the Fords come ready to install.
Sponsored