First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4 Iconic Silver
Occupation
Physical Security Supervisor
I wonder how much Ford would charge to install? Hmm, Ford pass points :unsure:.
Sponsored

RMG

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch FX4
Ok, so my 6112 / 5160 were installed yesterday, along with new BDS upper control arms. A few comments.

I asked for the 6112 to be preset at 2” when I ordered from ShockSurplus and they appeared to be at that setting out of the box when I counted the grooves... but maybe not?

22 KR FX4 3.5L MAX TOW.

Rake before was approximately 3.5 inches. My front fender was about 37.5 inches and rear was about 41 inches.

Front is now 39.75 and rear is about 40.75. looks like the 5160 rears may have actually dropped the rear height by a quarter inch.

so I’ve got about 1 inch of rake left. To the naked eye truck looks pretty level…

just providing feedback as I realize all of this is a bit of an inexact science and can vary from truck to truck. if you want to preserve more rake I would suggest the 1.5" setting on the 6112 just to be sure... or set it yourself.... maybe I got 2.5" after all, but I don't think so. my tire pressure was about 30 when I measured the original rake and was 37 when I picked it up from the shop after install.

IMPRESSIONS DRIVING:

this vehicle now drives like a truck. like most folks say, the "floating" and body roll is gone. the steering is firm, and the truck feels like it hugs the road now. very pleased so far with the handling. the BDS upper control arms look great, and are MUCH beefier than the stock UCAs. very pleased with the overall handling now.

will update more in the next few weeks. have a short road trip this weekend, and next weekend I am renting a camper trailer and doing a 3 hour trip with it... so I will have feedback on any squat...

wolfman1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502A
I just put a 6112/5160 kit in my shortbed powerboost with standard tow package (NOT maxtow).

I had the dealer set the struts to max height (2.5 in lift) and still have about 1.5 inches of rake. Also added 285/65r20 Maxxis ATs (34.7x11.6 in) on stock sport wheels, and once the wheel well liner was re-installed correctly, it has no rubbing.

IIRC the front now measures 39.5" to the wheel well, and the rear wheel well is 41" from the ground

nalr7rcdp6buwhuwcaw_cxucbqdnbioafoy1xwcm-w2400-jpg.jpg
Do you think the set you installed would not work for a MaxTow package?

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
That's exactly why I inquired with Ford parts about the 5100's.
But they charge so much my points still wouldn't cover it. I'm at 63,300 points.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Ok, so my 6112 / 5160 were installed yesterday
The ride will change a bit after the first few hundred miles as the seals wear in. Due to the high gas pressure and the way monotubes are constructed, the new seals have a lot of stiction, so small bump compliance is a little "sharp" when new. They should mellow out a bit.

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
Rake before was approximately 3.5 inches. My front fender was about 37.5 inches and rear was about 41 inches.

Front is now 39.75 and rear is about 40.75. looks like the 5160 rears may have actually dropped the rear height by a quarter inch.

so I’ve got about 1 inch of rake left. To the naked eye truck looks pretty level…

just providing feedback as I realize all of this is a bit of an inexact science and can vary from truck to truck. if you want to preserve more rake I would suggest the 1.5" setting on the 6112 just to be sure... or set it yourself.... maybe I got 2.5" after all, but I don't think so. my tire pressure was about 30 when I measured the original rake and was 37 when I picked it up from the shop after install.
Not unusual at all for them to settle 1/4" after the first couple hundred miles, so you'll probably end up right at your desired 2". And not uncommon for the rear to lose 1/8" after raising the front due slight change in weight distribution.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i called my dealer its 1400 to install
or 840 for just a level kit to include caster / camber alignment, spacer etc
or 300 to pop out the rear block

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
We do not recommend this kit for the following models:

Two-wheel drive
high payload package
F-150 diesel
F-150 hybrid
F-150 Tremor
Yeah, likely won't give desired results on those trucks. The diesels have the 5.5' box PB's front struts / ratings. My guess is this set, on the front at least, won't do much for our heavy girls.....

Sponsored

Iconic22F150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4 Iconic Silver
Occupation
Physical Security Supervisor
i called my dealer its 1400 to install
or 840 for just a level kit to include caster / camber alignment, spacer etc
or 300 to pop out the rear block
WOW! That's way too much ... not worth it. I have a ton of pass points cause my wife also bought a new car a few years ago and never used them but I just found out it's like 200:1 so not as much as I had thought.

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
What is the best option for the powerboost? I’d actually prefer netting 1-1.5”.

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
Do you think the set you installed would not work for a MaxTow package?
As far as I know the max tow just stiffens / lifts the rear, and should work fine. The rear 5160's allow for up to 2 in of additional lift in the rear (blocks or springs, not included). This is part of the reason I chose these over the Falcon's that I was also considering.

I haven't towed with my truck since having these installed, but my (backup) plan if I lose too much rake was to lift / support the rear with a roadmaster active suspension add-on.
Sponsored