First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
With all of the uncertainty surrounding the 2021 Raptor, I decided to pull the trigger on a '20. While we've already passed the cutoff date to submit custom orders for the '20s, my local dealer was able to get into the system and modify the order of a truck that they'd submitted just before the cutoff date into exactly what I wanted. Got the VIN and build date yesterday.

2020 Ford Raptor, SuperCrew
Rapid Red Metallic
802A Equipment Group
Tailgate Step
17" Forged Al. Wheels
Second Row Heated Seats
Spray In Bedliner

Scheduled Build Date: 24 July, 2020

Wasn't going to pay for the Forged Wheels, but my wife actually liked the looks of them better than the base wheels. Women never cease to amaze me at times.

Would have done a Line-X application, but the order already entered into the system already included this and I didn't want to push my luck any more than necessary by asking for more and more changes, besides, this isn't intended to be a work horse of a truck, so the OEM bedliner should be more than sufficient for my needs.

Day 2 additions include Amp Research PowerStep Xtreme Running Boards and BakFlip MX-4 Tonneau Cover.

Then the upgrade list goes on and on. Thank God for Stage 3 MotorSports :)
Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
With all of the uncertainty surrounding the 2021 Raptor, I decided to pull the trigger on a '20. While we've already passed the cutoff date to submit custom orders for the '20s, my local dealer was able to get into the system and modify the order of a truck that they'd submitted just before the cutoff date into exactly what I wanted. Got the VIN and build date yesterday.

2020 Ford Raptor, SuperCrew
Rapid Red Metallic
802A Equipment Group
Tailgate Step
17" Forged Al. Wheels
Second Row Heated Seats
Spray In Bedliner

Scheduled Build Date: 24 July, 2020

Wasn't going to pay for the Forged Wheels, but my wife actually liked the looks of them better than the base wheels. Women never cease to amaze me at times.

Would have done a Line-X application, but the order already entered into the system already included this and I didn't want to push my luck any more than necessary by asking for more and more changes, besides, this isn't intended to be a work horse of a truck, so the OEM bedliner should be more than sufficient for my needs.

Day 2 additions include Amp Research PowerStep Xtreme Running Boards and BakFlip MX-4 Tonneau Cover.

Then the upgrade list goes on and on. Thank God for Stage 3 MotorSports :)
Pano Roof?

I hope not.

OP
OP
Striker Hawk

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
No....No....and NO again. This truck is truly going off-road. I didn't want the extra weight, nor the loss of cabin rigidity. Already looking at adding the various back frame and bed supports by RPG and others. The simple fact that they leak and rattle all the time wasn't even a concern. And the VAST majority of 802A equipped Raptors have that damn sun roof. The only reason I had to special order mine was to get an 802A without one.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
No....No....and NO again. This truck is truly going off-road. I didn't want the extra weight, nor the loss of cabin rigidity. Already looking at adding the various back frame and bed supports by RPG and others. The simple fact that they leak and rattle all the time wasn't even a concern. And the VAST majority of 802A equipped Raptors have that damn sun roof. The only reason I had to special order mine was to get an 802A without one.
??.......Very smart and wise choice and if I were in your shoes, I would have done the same special order to get one without the pano roof.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Striker Hawk

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
What price paid (before TT&L)
Right at $3k under MSRP. Probably could have worked a better deal if I'd accepted one sitting on the lot, but I was willing to pay to have them intercept one of their orders already in the system and modify it to be what I wanted. Might actually be picking it up today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Striker Hawk

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Finally took receipt of my 2020 Raptor this past weekend. 802A with a few extras and NO SUNROOF. Just couldn't wait around and run the risk of there not actually being a 2021 Raptor. I'd already waited far to long as it is. I'll be lurking here to see what actually becomes of the 2021 Raptor, though probably won't contribute much to the conversation unless someone has specific questions regarding the '20. Hope Ford surprises us all with an amazing Raptor update.

Be safe out there.

Ford F-150 2020 Raptor Order 20200811_135205_resized

Ford F-150 2020 Raptor Order 20200811_135105_resized

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Finally took receipt of my 2020 Raptor this past weekend. 802A with a few extras and NO SUNROOF. Just couldn't wait around and run the risk of there not actually being a 2021 Raptor. I'd already waited far to long as it is. I'll be lurking here to see what actually becomes of the 2021 Raptor, though probably won't contribute much to the conversation unless someone has specific questions regarding the '20. Hope Ford surprises us all with an amazing Raptor update.

Be safe out there.

20200811_135205_resized.jpg

20200811_135105_resized.jpg
Congrats on the new Raptor.......Ruby Red is one of Fords best colors.
I hope it gives you many trouble free miles of service.

Miles Albertson

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT, 2020 Raptor, 2020 BMW X4 M4.0
Occupation
retired

Be safe out there.

20200811_135205_resized.jpg

20200811_135105_resized.jpg
what manufacturer is that bumper step? It looks great!

OP
OP
Striker Hawk

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
what manufacturer is that bumper step? It looks great!
That is the SpareBumper 424 . I absolutely swear by them. After having to have my receiver replaced on an older truck due to a minor rear end collision where the little car slid up and under the back end of my truck, I installed one of these.

It uses firm rubber pads, both inside the 2-inch frame, resting against the hitch pin, as well as larger round pads installed around the 2-inch frame, resting against the receiver its self, to absorb energy from an impact, and they work well as a step with a well textured step pad on the top surface.

As you can tell, I'm a firm believer in them. They also have different models available.

https://sparebumper.com/
https://www.amazon.com/Superbumper-424SPB-424-Sparebumper-Black/dp/B075KHSKMJ

Ford F-150 2020 Raptor Order 20200809_154358

Ford F-150 2020 Raptor Order 20200809_154316

Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
That is the SpareBumper 424 . I absolutely swear by them. After having to have my receiver replaced on an older truck due to a minor rear end collision where the little car slid up and under the back end of my truck, I installed one of these.

It uses firm rubber pads, both inside the 2-inch frame, resting against the hitch pin, as well as larger round pads installed around the 2-inch frame, resting against the receiver its self, to absorb energy from an impact, and they work well as a step with a well textured step pad on the top surface.

As you can tell, I'm a firm believer in them. They also have different models available.

https://sparebumper.com/
https://www.amazon.com/Superbumper-424SPB-424-Sparebumper-Black/dp/B075KHSKMJ

20200809_154358.jpg

20200809_154316.jpg
I just ordered my SpareBumper. I am impressed from my reading and emailing with them.

I don't even want a step. Just everything else that comes with it ?

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
I just ordered my SpareBumper. I am impressed from my reading and emailing with them.

I don't even want a step. Just everything else that comes with it ?
Here it is. No sensor interference.
Ford F-150 2020 Raptor Order 20211009_144528
Sponsored