2020 Raptor Order

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4, 2021 F150 Raptor (anticipated)
Occupation
Engineer
With all of the uncertainty surrounding the 2021 Raptor, I decided to pull the trigger on a '20. While we've already passed the cutoff date to submit custom orders for the '20s, my local dealer was able to get into the system and modify the order of a truck that they'd submitted just before the cutoff date into exactly what I wanted. Got the VIN and build date yesterday.

2020 Ford Raptor, SuperCrew
Rapid Red Metallic
802A Equipment Group
Tailgate Step
17" Forged Al. Wheels
Second Row Heated Seats
Spray In Bedliner

Scheduled Build Date: 24 July, 2020

Wasn't going to pay for the Forged Wheels, but my wife actually liked the looks of them better than the base wheels. Women never cease to amaze me at times.

Would have done a Line-X application, but the order already entered into the system already included this and I didn't want to push my luck any more than necessary by asking for more and more changes, besides, this isn't intended to be a work horse of a truck, so the OEM bedliner should be more than sufficient for my needs.

Day 2 additions include Amp Research PowerStep Xtreme Running Boards and BakFlip MX-4 Tonneau Cover.

Then the upgrade list goes on and on. Thank God for Stage 3 MotorSports :)

GABAR

First Name
P
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
With all of the uncertainty surrounding the 2021 Raptor, I decided to pull the trigger on a '20. While we've already passed the cutoff date to submit custom orders for the '20s, my local dealer was able to get into the system and modify the order of a truck that they'd submitted just before the cutoff date into exactly what I wanted. Got the VIN and build date yesterday.

2020 Ford Raptor, SuperCrew
Rapid Red Metallic
802A Equipment Group
Tailgate Step
17" Forged Al. Wheels
Second Row Heated Seats
Spray In Bedliner

Scheduled Build Date: 24 July, 2020

Wasn't going to pay for the Forged Wheels, but my wife actually liked the looks of them better than the base wheels. Women never cease to amaze me at times.

Would have done a Line-X application, but the order already entered into the system already included this and I didn't want to push my luck any more than necessary by asking for more and more changes, besides, this isn't intended to be a work horse of a truck, so the OEM bedliner should be more than sufficient for my needs.

Day 2 additions include Amp Research PowerStep Xtreme Running Boards and BakFlip MX-4 Tonneau Cover.

Then the upgrade list goes on and on. Thank God for Stage 3 MotorSports :)
Pano Roof?

I hope not.

OP
Striker Hawk

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
No....No....and NO again. This truck is truly going off-road. I didn't want the extra weight, nor the loss of cabin rigidity. Already looking at adding the various back frame and bed supports by RPG and others. The simple fact that they leak and rattle all the time wasn't even a concern. And the VAST majority of 802A equipped Raptors have that damn sun roof. The only reason I had to special order mine was to get an 802A without one.

GABAR

First Name
P
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
No....No....and NO again. This truck is truly going off-road. I didn't want the extra weight, nor the loss of cabin rigidity. Already looking at adding the various back frame and bed supports by RPG and others. The simple fact that they leak and rattle all the time wasn't even a concern. And the VAST majority of 802A equipped Raptors have that damn sun roof. The only reason I had to special order mine was to get an 802A without one.
👍🏽.......Very smart and wise choice and if I were in your shoes, I would have done the same special order to get one without the pano roof.

OP
Striker Hawk

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
What price paid (before TT&L)
Right at $3k under MSRP. Probably could have worked a better deal if I'd accepted one sitting on the lot, but I was willing to pay to have them intercept one of their orders already in the system and modify it to be what I wanted. Might actually be picking it up today.

Last edited: