Sponsored

2020 F150 3.5 Lariat vs 2022 F150 5.0 XLT BAP

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
Well, easy to start off with what's missing from the two;
Lariat had more features such as cooled seats, more exterior sensors, telescopic remote steering wheel, adaptive cruise, heated steering wheel, tailgate step, pano roof etc. I much prefer this slightly simpler truck layout I now have.

BUT with the BAP the 22 XLT came with interior leather and the B&O.

Although the new 22 I purchased has fewer options, I still find it to be a more.refined truck. Drive feels smoother, LOVE the 5.0 over the 3.5, much more "solid" feeling and so far the fuel mileage has been slightly better.
The styling of the 22 especially with the BAP is very sharp. At first, I wasn't a fan of the new styling which I do still feel the 20 styling is more appealing overall but with the mod list in this 22 I am doing, it will win out for me.

The interior tech package with the sync4a and the screen etc is miles ahead of the 20. Even the change to the shifter in the console feels better.

I ditched the extendable running boards going into the 22 which I do prefer. That Lariat was going to need some work on those after another winter or two.

Overall, I am very pleased with the "downgrade" of model as I felt that the features I gave up were not deal breakers for me at all. Going to the 5.0 and the updated technology in the 22 alone is worth it. Seats seem to feel a little firmer which is a good thing, yet could be the fact it's new.

We'll see! Have a garage of mods waiting to be installed on the 22 and will post up some pics when I am done.

...also have a 22 Expedition Stealth Performance Package about to land in my driveway next month which I have a few mods as well. That sync4a with the 15" screen and the HO 3.5 should be a sweet ride too.
Sponsored