First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 xl
Occupation
military

I recently purchased a 2020 F-150 this truck has 1XXX miles on it. While driving home from the gym today I could hear the sound of water splashing back and forth but I knew for a fact there were no loose water bottles laying around. ( I baby this truck). well upon closer inspection when I got home I realized my whole passenger side floorboard was soaking wet. under the seat was dry but from the door to the bottom of the dash my carpet was soaked. after reviewing a few forums I read that it can be one of two things either the windshield was not installed correctly or the seal on the passenger door was defective. so I went back out to my truck and took off the trim near the passenger side door and found that the gap below the trim was full of water and on top of that all the cables running through this portion of the truck were submerged in water. is anyone else dealing with this issue or if you were able to resolve it what steps did you take? attached are the pictures/video I took

Ford F-150 2020 F-150 XL Passenger Side Leaking tempImage8NvMSv

Ford F-150 2020 F-150 XL Passenger Side Leaking tempImage0xA5yX

Ford F-150 2020 F-150 XL Passenger Side Leaking tempImageUIK7pL
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I would dry as much of it up with shop vac and towel and get a water hose and start to run it around the outside frames systematically and see where water might be penetrating.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
If it is wet up under the dash, not a door issue unless it is just damp.
at any rate, new truck--Ford's problem.

Had a similar issue with my Ranger when it was new. But in the rear.
Third brake light was not sealed and was just letting water flow in during a rain.
Whole rear of the cab was soaked. But that was a simple fix.

Up front, could be a windshield, poor sealing of the body panels during the build. or a missing body plug or seal.

Mb13

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150

I recently purchased a 2020 F-150 this truck has 1XXX miles on it. While driving home from the gym today I could hear the sound of water splashing back and forth but I knew for a fact there were no loose water bottles laying around. ( I baby this truck). well upon closer inspection when I got home I realized my whole passenger side floorboard was soaking wet. under the seat was dry but from the door to the bottom of the dash my carpet was soaked. after reviewing a few forums I read that it can be one of two things either the windshield was not installed correctly or the seal on the passenger door was defective. so I went back out to my truck and took off the trim near the passenger side door and found that the gap below the trim was full of water and on top of that all the cables running through this portion of the truck were submerged in water. is anyone else dealing with this issue or if you were able to resolve it what steps did you take? attached are the pictures/video I took

tempImage8NvMSv.png

tempImage0xA5yX.png

tempImageUIK7pL.png
I am having this exact same problem, except on my Driver side. Have had an issue every time it rains for about 6 months. Less than 20K miles. Did you ever find a solution? Thank you!

OP
OP
Castillo

Castillo

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 xl
Occupation
military
I am having this exact same problem, except on my Driver side. Have had an issue every time it rains for about 6 months. Less than 20K miles. Did you ever find a solution? Thank you!

Mine was an issue with the AC there’s a hose that was pushed against the firewall and it would fill with water and fill back into the truck but there’s multiple issues it could be. To me it sounds like it’s your windshield it probably has a leak.

Common reasons for the leak

AC hose
Windshield not installed correctly
Seal around door
3rd break light

And then the dealership said something to me about something in the wheel well but that wasn’t the issue with mine.

Sponsored

Mb13

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
Mine was an issue with the AC there’s a hose that was pushed against the firewall and it would fill with water and fill back into the truck but there’s multiple issues it could be. To me it sounds like it’s your windshield it probably has a leak.

Common reasons for the leak

AC hose
Windshield not installed correctly
Seal around door
3rd break light

And then the dealership said something to me about something in the wheel well but that wasn’t the issue with mine.
Great to know. Will update how it goes. Thank you!

Frank_rocha

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250
Occupation
Welder

tempImage8NvMSv.png

tempImage0xA5yX.png

tempImageUIK7pL.png
Ford F-150 2020 F-150 XL Passenger Side Leaking 7A01E9B2-145E-420E-A58F-8FBD56D16FDF
Ford F-150 2020 F-150 XL Passenger Side Leaking 7A01E9B2-145E-420E-A58F-8FBD56D16FDF

Penny's Big Truck

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4 5.0
Occupation
Plant Manager
Cowl Drain clogged caused exact same issue soaking carpet and flooding cab channel on passenger side after rain. Removed cabin air filter and reached in, up, and behind where finger tips could feel a puddle. Extracted 3/4 qt water. Removed debris from weep hole in front of firewall(just a symptom pic with flashlight) and drain hole (solution, pic with blue tape next to antenna wire) behind wheel well cover. Hindsight: clean weep hole and drain with air compressor and needle nozzle, the two holes are <2” apart.
Oh What a Relief…. I didn’t take to Ford service, probable $1000, and multiple visits to clean cowl drain. Planning to schedule wiper motor recall at later date now that the cab is dry.
Doug K, Lithia, FL

Ford F-150 2020 F-150 XL Passenger Side Leaking 2CE0790D-B274-4D6D-A48D-ADA8A85E6F7B

Ford F-150 2020 F-150 XL Passenger Side Leaking 2C2E4237-117A-4CFE-9F19-2820316FF54E

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I recently purchased a 2020 F-150....

Should search on F150.com forums. Should be more on the 2020 trucks on that forum.
Sponsored