• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin

Speaking to reporters Wednesday evening, Farley said the company would limit production in the vehicle's first year on sale and that Ford already had "made a call on volume," but he declined to give a number. Ford took a similar strategy with the 2021 Mustang Mach-E electric crossover, limiting it to 50,000 vehicles in its first year of production.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm guessing their target next year is going to be 20-25K Lightning units.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I was hoping for more, but it surely is a start, let’s hope Ford can build them alongside our peeps’ gas engines

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Over 50K now in the first 24 hours. Those are really strong numbers. They're aiming for 40K units at max production speed so we are now booked at least a year out.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0 Lariat
Meanwhile, I just want them to post Tremor and Raptor options for 2021 model year on the build and price tool and to open ordering. All the talk and focus seems to be around 2022 models...the new Raptor R, the F-150 Lightning (taking orders already!), the upgraded Superduty interior...and no focus on the models they promised will come out "this summer." Give us an update already!! Frustrating ?

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I say we boycott the F150 lighting because the platinum trim comes with body colored mirrors and they stuck ugly chrome on mine. I’m not salty, nope ??

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Meanwhile, I just want them to post Tremor and Raptor options for 2021 model year on the build and price tool and to open ordering. All the talk and focus seems to be around 2022 models...the new Raptor R, the F-150 Lightning (taking orders already!), the upgraded Superduty interior...and no focus on the models they promised will come out "this summer." Give us an update already!! Frustrating ?
There seems to be some misunderstanding here. Ford is NOT taking orders for the Lightning. They opened reservations, which is reserving your spot in line to order at a later date.

You can order a Raptor/Tremor now, talk to your dealer. It is normal for B&P to be a few weeks behind the order guide going out, that is nothing new.

All the talk at the reveal for the F-150 Lightning was about the F-150 Lightning. They are not limited to only one press release or event per year, all their other vehicles including those coming this summer will have their time.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0 Lariat
There seems to be some misunderstanding here. Ford is NOT taking orders for the Lightning. They opened reservations, which is reserving your spot in line to order at a later date.

You can order a Raptor/Tremor now, talk to your dealer. It is normal for B&P to be a few weeks behind the order guide going out, that is nothing new.

All the talk at the reveal for the F-150 Lightning was about the F-150 Lightning. They are not limited to only one press release or event per year, all their other vehicles including those coming this summer will have their time.
Fair, but I'm not just referring to the event, which was obviously Lightning specific, and of course they can do media events or marketing for individual models lol. I was referring to the lack of progress or info with the 2021 Tremor especially, and that over the last few months there has been way more information out there about 2022 models than these 2021 models. There's only been one shitty Tremor walk-around video posted online, by some kids who don't know anything, and that's basically it for the Tremor. You would think there would be plenty of media supporting their upcoming release, but it's clearly lacking.

And what makes you sure the Tremor and Raptor can be ordered right now? There are zero posts in the forum of people confirming 2021 Tremor orders as far as I can tell, and I can't find any information online that ordering is open..
Sponsored

Last edited: