2 Weeks to fix Windshield Recall???

SEPA F150

First Name
Shiva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Raptor
Called my dealer today to schedule an appt to address the Windshield Recall.

He advised me that the body shop needs the truck for 2 weeks to fix the windshield recall. Keep in mind no loaner either. This is my only vehicle.

Can someone confirm and probably provide a contact info to file a case with Ford?
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
That is BS and another thread talks about this where another owner was told the same thing, only I think he hadn’t even picked up the truck yet. So they’re legally not allowed to let him take the truck.

It shouldn’t take more than one day to replace the window and have the camera recalibrated. I have had to do it before with a cracked windshield on an Acura and it was done in an afternoon. The dealership didn’t replace the window but had an autoglass contractor do it and then one of their technicians did the calibration.

The service advisors at my local Ford dealership are equally clueless when it comes to simple things like this.

Call back again and ask for the service manager by name, you should be able to find it on your dealer’s website. Tell them that it’s your only vehicle and you can take it in when they are ready to do the job and won’t leave it there so that they can take their sweet ass time.

Also, any dealership will do a recall or warranty repair, it doesn’t need to be the one you bought the truck from. So if there’s one closer to where you work or someplace you visit regularly, it’s always a good idea to have an alternative. Especially if you are being jerked around over warranty or recall issues.

Good luck!

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
I don't know about the timeframe required for the windshield, but recall or not as long as it's still under the B2B warranty shouldn't they be providing you with a loaner? When I had to drop mine off so they could work on several things they set me up with an XLT loaner for the 4 days they had it. Is this not normally the case?

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Picked mine up today. Took one day at the body shop for the windshield. Plus one more for blind spot monitor update.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
...recall or not as long as it's still under the B2B warranty shouldn't they be providing you with a loaner?...Is this not normally the case?
As far as I know, Ford does not provide loaner vehicles for warranty or recall work. However, they do give dealers incentives for having loaner vehicles and it’s entirely up to the dealer’s discretion as to how they’re used.

Sponsored

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
Called my dealer today to schedule an appt to address the Windshield Recall.

He advised me that the body shop needs the truck for 2 weeks to fix the windshield recall. Keep in mind no loaner either. This is my only vehicle.

Can someone confirm and probably provide a contact info to file a case with Ford?
Try another Dealer- that is just stupid on their part.
My Dealer is making appointments for this fix. It may take two weeks to get an appointment but they need it for a day. As a matter of fact, they want it over night so it has a chance to set up nice too. So, I drop it off say on a Wednesday mmorning and pick it up Thursday morning.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The recall notice says loaner vehicles are approved.
Ford F-150 2 Weeks to fix Windshield Recall??? 796D6872-ADC5-4A88-B1F1-42E64899DC32

Being authorized to provide or approved to provide and being required to provide or will provide are distinctly different. It’s semantics but that’s the world we live in.

It‘s a more official sounding way of passing the buck than if Ford said “Ask your dealer about loaner or rental vehicles.”

I have no idea how much Ford reimburses dealerships for recall or warranty work loaners if at all but it might change depending on what recall campaign. There was some mention of it during the Texas blackouts and Ford was giving out extra disbursements for dealers who loaned out their Powerboosts to use as generators.

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I agree it's a legal jargon but I feel like that's a clause in the event they don't have any loaners or you're not able to due to age, extended repairs, or other exemption. My dealership specifically asked me if I needed one free of charge. I think everyone's on the same page here though. Find another dealership.

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I called my FORD dealer yesterday and talked with two service advisors who were both clueless about the windshield recall. I swear after them selling me a rusty new truck then telling me to pack sand and them having no clue about a month old recall I’ve lost any and all remaining confidence in FORD and their dealerships.

Sponsored

RichOK 1941

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5L V-6 Power Boost Technology Package
Occupation
retired
I called my FORD dealer yesterday and talked with two service advisors who were both clueless about the windshield recall. I swear after them selling me a rusty new truck then telling me to pack sand and them having no clue about a month old recall I’ve lost any and all remaining confidence in FORD and their dealerships.
My Mega dealer in North Austin service advisors were worse than clueless giving different stories. Finally made an appt at a smaller dealer in another town and went in yesterday and they were out of limited loaners with a waitlist and Hertz was not returning their calls as recent hail storms had taken all the rentals for body shops. Being there they took pity on me and the lady who made my appointment said she was working Saturday and would hold me one for Monday morning and they made me an appt. it appears to be a multi-step operation in different shops with two, outside glass co and body shop backlogged with hail damage repair. The smaller dealer is sending the work out so there's a scheduling nightmare too and they said a minimum of two days. My recommendation is don't call and go in and make an appointment for first thing Monday morning when they might have loaners brought back Saturday. And be there early as it's first come first serve for loaners and Ford limits the number of loaners a dealer can have and has a max mileage a loaner can be driven and it has to be sold as a demo.

OP
OP

SEPA F150

First Name
Shiva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Raptor
Thanks all for the feedback, info and advice. I'm going to call around to differ dealers and see what they say. For now, I'll just address the Heated mirror TSB and an oil change.

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
My experience on my 2015 F150 (still waiting for my 2021 sitting in a Detroit parking lot for 2 months), on a recall (the master brake cylinder one), is that my local (large) Dealer/Service has NO loaners, as they usually put a number of XLs into loaner service and sell them used the next year. So even though it was Ford's fault (recall) AND I have Platinum Service policy (which specifically provides loaners), and they want the truck for "maybe" up to 4 days, but no loaners. For extreme cases they are using Enterprise and getting reimbursed from Ford. But Ford has to approve, and they are doing that ONLY based on a minimum total repair hours. So though due to service backlog they need the truck for 4 days, the repair time is only a couple of hours and Ford won't approve/pay for a Rental as a loaner. So there you are. Another issue with supply crash.

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
So right or wrong I have decided to wait until fall/winter when I am done using my truck as a truck to have my windshield recall done. I am not really worried about it and though numerous rain storms I have not found a leak, I am also not worried about it popping out. I would hate for them to break my windshield and not be able to put a new one in and it wreck my summer of boating, RVing etc... When they can't get parts for weeks.
Sponsored