2/8 builds

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Yes, you are moving through the process. I know it seems tedious, I felt the same pain and got really frustrated with the tracker, etc. but you had some off site action from 2/15 (built) to 2/21 when the truck was "Released" it took me 8 days to find a ride to AZ but the logistics of finding a ride is challenging for Ford or anyone in industry, we are spoiled by Amazon and next day delivery. Good Luck and keep bugging your sales dude at the Dealer to provide the status.
[/QUOTE

Thanks for the reply. Probably Tonneau cover for the off-site action. Sitting since 2/21 is the part that I am losing patience with. I will keep bugging the sales guy.
Sponsored

Eamsberry

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Occupation
executive
"All trains lead to Chicago" is so true! We took completely different routes from there. You guys go all the way up the I-94 route while mine basically followed I-80 to NoCal. Here is the route mine took to the rail yard:
Amazing how complex the movement by rail is. A lot of switching at main terminals. I certainly understand the shipping time frame more so than sitting on the ramp waiting for a train. Hoping I have this truck for a long time, not wanting to go through this again ?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Amazing how complex the movement by rail is. A lot of switching at main terminals. I certainly understand the shipping time frame more so than sitting on the ramp waiting for a train. Hoping I have this truck for a long time, not wanting to go through this again ?
I could not believe what a stressful wait that was between produced off the line and shipped. Once shipped a giant weight came off my shoulders as delivery is imminent and best of all I am not in danger of PCO expiring March 31st.

Mine had a total 29 day gap from produced to shipped and there are many suffering with >30 and pushing 40 or more and still not shipped. It is maddening! It sounds stupid when there is so much more in the world that matters but it is really taxing mentally just being dumbfounded for weeks watching everyone's trucks build and ship. I've never needed a therapist in my life until that last week before seeing the "Shipped" status haha

fjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limted
"All trains lead to Chicago" is so true! We took completely different routes from there. You guys go all the way up the I-94 route while mine basically followed I-80 to NoCal. Here is the route mine took to the rail yard:

How many days to offload and take to dealer?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
How many days to offload and take to dealer?
Well some seem to just magically show up at the dealer from what I've seen. Others sit at the railyard. At least my dealer sent me this, my truck showed up at the rail yard Monday:

"Got notification from transport company, they are planning on picking it up on Friday the 12th, so we should have it Monday."

So while I'm SUPER annoyed I cannot have it and lose another whole weekend to break it in and learn (I even have Friday off!) at least I have certainty. Others around here can't even claim that much :(

Sponsored

Eamsberry

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Occupation
executive
Well some seem to just magically show up at the dealer from what I've seen. Others sit at the railyard. At least my dealer sent me this, my truck showed up at the rail yard Monday:

"Got notification from transport company, they are planning on picking it up on Friday the 12th, so we should have it Monday."

So while I'm SUPER annoyed I cannot have it and lose another whole weekend to break it in and learn (I even have Friday off!) at least I have certainty. Others around here can't even claim that much :(
Congrats, at least you are getting it. Mine hit the local rail spur (2 hours from dealer) yesterday. Dealer said they will get it in 7-10 days. Hopefully they are just managing my expectations and I will get it earlier. Either way I should have mine next week as well.

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Latest update for me...Dealer sales guy just texted that my truck was "released from the plant" and would be delivered between 3/5 - 3/11. Either he is a glass is half-full kinda of guy or whatever he sees in his system suggests that it will come in that timeframe. FYI - shipping via Convoy (truck) to Central Florida.

1614364224541.png
I'm pretty sure something is up with my truck not just logistics of shipping/transport. As you can see status has changed from "Built" from 2 weeks ago back to "In Production". With no Window Sticker available I can only imagine what the true status of my order is.

Sales guy today asked GM of dealership to call Ford. Hopefully he has something to offer other than the lame excuse today about Ford wanting to make sure Hybrids were good before they got shipped :rolleyes: .

Ford F-150 2/8 builds 1615437606825

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
I'm pretty sure something is up with my truck not just logistics of shipping/transport. As you can see status has changed from "Built" from 2 weeks ago back to "In Production". With no Window Sticker available I can only imagine what the true status of my order is.

Sales guy today asked GM of dealership to call Ford. Hopefully he has something to offer other than the lame excuse today about Ford wanting to make sure Hybrids were good before they got shipped :rolleyes: .

1615437606825.png
Looking forward to hearing what you learn. I think something is up with some of our builds too. Mine had a blend date of 2/10 with a build date of 2/15, ETA this week. It’s still in production. I don’t understand it at all. So frustrating.

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Looking forward to hearing what you learn. I think something is up with some of our builds too. Mine had a blend date of 2/10 with a build date of 2/15, ETA this week. It’s still in production. I don’t understand it at all. So frustrating.
I've got a few guesses (some are legit, some are possible but not probable)

1 - It's as simple as Ford having a shortage of Tonneau covers...hoping that's it. I debated wether or not to keep on my build. I can't tell if the history below confirms the Tonneau was installed.
Ford F-150 2/8 builds 1615474249366

2 - Someone crashed it as they were moving it around after production.

3 - If it's possible, they built it wrong...something major (I doubt it was built correctly and its just sitting up in Dearborn in limbo waiting for this long...also considering the changes in status). If the status didn't change I would say it's probable that it's just sitting waiting for transport.

OP
OP

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
I don't think there's rhyme or reason to any of it. The truck I ordered has had an "in production" status since 2/18 and hasn't budged since. Pioneer confirmed to me that it's been produced, but no status update since. I ordered no bed liner, no tonneau cover, no wheel well liners. Should've been one of the first on a train from the end of the assembly line. My thought is Ford just has no organization after a truck rolls off.

I still have no regrets whatsoever for buying a truck off a dealer lot last week. The continued delay (even to be released to ship) would be driving me absolutely crazy. I feel for all of you who are still dealing with it and getting no answers. The truck is worth the wait, I can assure you that.

Sponsored

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
I don't think there's rhyme or reason to any of it. The truck I ordered has had an "in production" status since 2/18 and hasn't budged since. Pioneer confirmed to me that it's been produced, but no status update since. I ordered no bed liner, no tonneau cover, no wheel well liners. Should've been one of the first on a train from the end of the assembly line. My thought is Ford just has no organization after a truck rolls off.

I still have no regrets whatsoever for buying a truck off a dealer lot last week. The continued delay (even to be released to ship) would be driving me absolutely crazy. I feel for all of you who are still dealing with it and getting no answers. The truck is worth the wait, I can assure you that.
I found a Stock truck that matches my build with about $10K in extras. Not sure I want to pay for stuff I don't want/need (I'd also have to fly there to get it). Also found my bare minimum build somewhat local (PowerBoost, Tow Package, 7.2kw) but its not the right color and the dealer added some BS and is charging for it. If it was the right color I would have pulled the trigger last weekend.

N1TJ

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat EB 4x4 - Oxford White
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller • USAF Veteran
You're probably right about some defect or damage being found.. there is just no way it's sat for over 30 days without an actual issue at this point. Here is my original order which was produced on 2/9. Stuck in production, no new ETA, and the days until delivery is just climbing one after another at this point...

Very thankful timing worked out with a nearby dealer stock order that is sitting at the train yard. I should be able to take delivery of that one within the week and no longer stress over this blue one.

Ford F-150 2/8 builds Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 10.35.19 AM

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
I've joined the 'dump the retail order' club after the sales guys said GSM is on vacation and gave me a random 3/27 ETA with no other explanation. I got my deposit back and told them to let me know when the truck hits the lot. In the meantime I spent all day yesterday and this morning searching for a comparable stock truck already shipped or on a lot (Agate Black, Lariat PowerBoost, 7.2kw ProPower were minimum reqs). Ended up finding several with almost exact build but on lots that required a flight to a different state...so with some digging on the Ford site just put a deposit on the one in the link below and it's actually only 30 mins away. Not even on the dealer's website...salesman had to confirm with his inventory guy. This one is $7.5K more...with stuff I don't need/want but I'm sure I'll eventually enjoy the feature (sunroof, FX4, spray bedliner, Max Tow, etc...). It is a 4X4 so I think I am good with the upgrade from my 4X2 order. My only concern is payload...hopefully Im at least 1400lbs.

https://www.windowsticker.forddirec...Icdv3uNyEEShJU1BuheZrJ90OPIBQAUJTQ5sMfchappw=

I checked with good ol Pioneer and the status he provided confirmed the truck was on a CSX train passing Jacksonville 2 days ago and headed to central FL. Sales guy said their ETA was early as Monday or late as Friday.

Trashman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I swore I wasn't going to track my truck once on rail (left 3/6) to OKC and my dealer is going to pick it up. I'm caving, is anyone able to track rail for me VIN 1FTFW1ED0MFA94281. I promise I will go into rehab after this.