Sponsored

2/8 builds

Cooter'sFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several XJs, a TJ, T-Bird, and an Expedition
Perhaps just a temporary hiccup, or maybe an overload of sorts, but all of a sudden my window sticker is Not Available ('not yet released for this vehicle'; though it was previously)!?! I wonder if the whole build is getting started over again in a sense. I had a week of 2/8 build and 2/12 Blend Date.
I guess it was just sort of a hiccup? Sticker shows up again this morning, but no content different from what was downloaded when it first went up other than date of the sticker (bottom date, believed to just be the sticker date, 1/3 over from Left to Right, now shows 02/24/2021 instead of 02/05/2021) . It kind of is like the whole process is starting over from "sticker generation", but at the same time it's making me wonder if my Truck will just be one of those that appears on the lot and I get a call from the dealer! (Tracker still just reads "in production" with no estimate on delivery.)
Sponsored

Last edited:

kds083

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Ford F-150 2/8 builds vin tracker.JPG

Figured I would check it one more time this morning. Went from nothing to this...at least it's some movement! Took forever on mine with a 2/10 blend date. They may be further behind than I thought from the microchip shortage/dropping down to two shifts, then shutting down KC last week. Thought mine would have made it down the line before the shutdown, apparently not.

HMG2Ford

First Name
Mic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Ford F150 Lariat ... 2017 Infiniti Q60S
Occupation
Retired
Another viewpoint based on my observation of my build:
I believe they generate a blend date based on having all the "parts or kit" available to produce. I had a blend date of 12-Feb-21 and that has never changed since I had a build week established.
It moves (fills in dot) to "Schedule for Production" when they have a production slot and then populated the date above when production has been completed at the factory, mine was 18-Feb-21 and then populated the estimated delivery date, mine is 16-Mar-21 (I didn't have any special features added such as Bed Liner).
Then the date at the bottom of the window sticker occurred one day later or 19-Feb-21, it did change from previous stickers along the process but has been holding firm since 19-Feb-21.
Those who have taken delivery would be able to confirm this process.
The Tracker has good intentions but is poorly executed for the buyers, no doubt.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Another viewpoint based on my observation of my build:
I believe they generate a blend date based on having all the "parts or kit" available to produce. I had a blend date of 12-Feb-21 and that has never changed since I had a build week established.
It moves (fills in dot) to "Schedule for Production" when they have a production slot and then populated the date above when production has been completed at the factory, mine was 18-Feb-21 and then populated the estimated delivery date, mine is 16-Mar-21 (I didn't have any special features added such as Bed Liner).
Then the date at the bottom of the window sticker occurred one day later or 19-Feb-21, it did change from previous stickers along the process but has been holding firm since 19-Feb-21.
Those who have taken delivery would be able to confirm this process.
The Tracker has good intentions but is poorly executed for the buyers, no doubt.
Good synopsis, thank you. Yea, I really think the tracker is a very haphazard thing.

N1TJ

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat EB 4x4 - Oxford White
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller • USAF Veteran
Are you suggesting the date at the bottom of the sticker keeps changing as they work on the vehicle until it’s officially complete? At that point the final date would remain as the final sticker copy that it gets delivered with.

My production date was 2/9 with no change beyond “in production” despite multiple new bottom sticker dates (2/15, 2/18, 2/21, 2/23).

Sponsored

HMG2Ford

First Name
Mic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Are you suggesting the date at the bottom of the sticker keeps changing as they work on the vehicle until it’s officially complete? At that point the final date would remain as the final sticker copy that it gets delivered with.

My production date was 2/9 with no change beyond “in production” despite multiple new bottom sticker dates (2/15, 2/18, 2/21, 2/23).
That is what occurred for my truck and is what I'm suggesting. Is your 2/9 the production date or blend date? Is 2/9 the date that was populated above "Scheduled for Prod." The sticker date moved around until this date. Did you have any additional items such as bed liner etc.? We must remember during the week of 2/8 builds the Dearborn factory was on a single shift and instead of building a truck in ~22 hours it probably took 3 days. The factory was probably dysfunctional during this period as well while it was implementing other changes such as windshield adhesive, battery drain, etc.

Ford F-150 2/8 builds 1614185626704

N1TJ

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat EB 4x4 - Oxford White
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller • USAF Veteran
That is what occurred for my truck and is what I'm suggesting. Is your 2/9 the production date or blend date? Is 2/9 the date that was populated above "Scheduled for Prod." The sticker date moved around until this date. Did you have any additional items such as bed liner etc.? We must remember during the week of 2/8 builds the Dearborn factory was on a single shift and instead of building a truck in ~22 hours it probably took 3 days. The factory was probably dysfunctional during this period as well while it was implementing other changes such as windshield adhesive, battery drain, etc.

1614185626704.png
That's great to know! Certainly makes sense and my initial assumption, despite falling outside the windshield recall dates, was them spending a little extra time on QA, whether it's battery replacement, rust cleanup, or whatever else. I don't have any extras like wheel/bed liners or the bed cover.

My blend date was 2/8, production confirmed as 2/9, and no indications of release for shipment beyond that. My original dealer ETA was 2/22 with a new window of 2/25-3/3. If that holds up I'd expect it to ship rather soon... hopefully.

Ford F-150 2/8 builds screenshot_20210223_183911_chrome_0b713fc79c70e374420d5e19bab0fe9670c86f46

Ford F-150 2/8 builds Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.08.24 PM

Ford F-150 2/8 builds Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.08.36 PM

Trashman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I'm like most with the circle in production 2/10 (left site 2/12 according to dealer) with nothing happening but this am my window sticker was populated with the Dealer address in bottom left hmmm maybe i'll get a check mark in my circle soon

OP
OP

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
I'm like most with the circle in production 2/10 (left site 2/12 according to dealer) with nothing happening but this am my window sticker was populated with the Dealer address in bottom left hmmm maybe i'll get a check mark in my circle soon
I noticed the same on my window sticker yesterday. Still no check in my circle yet, though.

Sponsored

HMG2Ford

First Name
Mic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
That's progress!!! That must be a step in the delivery process. I now have different ETAs between the "Ford Vehicle Order Tracker" and the Forum tracker (i.e. F-150 Order Tracker Tool). Of course, a slip but Dealer sent me his data and it has held firm at an "ETA End Date" of 16-Mar-21 (delivery to Dealer). Is the Start ETA, mine 10-Mar-21, when the Rail meets destination rail stop? My dealer has indicated they allocate 7 days to get to dealer from rail stop, so that makes sense.

Trashman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
That's progress!!! That must be a step in the delivery process. I now have different ETAs between the "Ford Vehicle Order Tracker" and the Forum tracker (i.e. F-150 Order Tracker Tool). Of course, a slip but Dealer sent me his data and it has held firm at an "ETA End Date" of 16-Mar-21 (delivery to Dealer). Is the Start ETA, mine 10-Mar-21, when the Rail meets destination rail stop? My dealer has indicated they allocate 7 days to get to dealer from rail stop, so that makes sense.
I just have generic delivery estimate 3/22

HMG2Ford

First Name
Mic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I got this from the 2/1 builds thread if interested.

Ford F-150 2/8 builds 1614207541901

HMG2Ford

First Name
Mic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Received a check box in "Scheduled for Production" and a four day slip in Dealer ETA to 20-Mar-21 .... "stay tuned for the rest of the story" ... ref. Paul Harvey.

M88265

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
I noticed the same on my window sticker yesterday. Still no check in my circle yet, though.
I just have generic delivery estimate 3/22
I had a blend of 2/8 and estimated delivery of 3/10 for two weeks now and was happy after reading others getting delayed and today is says estimated delivery 3/20 and just talked to the dealer yesterday and he said 3/10. I just hope I get it in March.
Sponsored