First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
Anyone who has the 2.7 V6 payload package, regardless of the trim level, please post pictures of your door jam stickers so we can see the payload and GVWR numbers. Thanks!
Ford F-150 2.7 EB Payload Package- why so rare? info_door

Ford F-150 2.7 EB Payload Package- why so rare? tag_door

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
Yes. I have the unleashed system. 30 is the max number.
for 1080 watts I would think we could get a bit more out of it.

change

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX
Anyone who has the 2.7 V6 payload package, regardless of the trim level, please post pictures of your door jam stickers so we can see the payload and GVWR numbers. Thanks!
I dont have a picture but the gvwr on a 2.7 ecoboost payload package is 7000#. My payload (STX supercab) with the 2.7 payload package is 1910#.

dhectorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Occupation
IT
Unfortunately, you do not have any payload package. If you did your GVWR would be at least 7000 lbs. So it seems I can only get the 2.7 payload package on XL and XLT, as I feared. I need at least 1600 lbs payload, so it looks like I'm limited to the XLT if I want the 2.7 engine.
Thanks for uploading the pics!

Sponsored

dhectorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Occupation
IT
I dont have a picture but the gvwr on a 2.7 ecoboost payload package is 7000#. My payload (STX supercab) with the 2.7 payload package is 1910#.
Thanks! This confirms what I figured. At least I'll save some money by getting a XLT!

Last edited:

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
Thanks! This confirms what I figured. At least I'll save some money by getting a XLT!
I know you said you need 1600 minimum. My 2.7 Lariat is very close at 1587, w/o payload package. I was buying off the lot and didn't need the extra headroom, so I didn't really pursue it. Just purely adding this as a data point for future folks, nothing more.
Ford F-150 2.7 EB Payload Package- why so rare? lariat_payload.JPG

dhectorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Occupation
IT
I know you said you need 1600 minimum. My 2.7 Lariat is very close at 1587, w/o payload package. I was buying off the lot and didn't need the extra headroom, so I didn't really pursue it. Just purely adding this as a data point for future folks, nothing more.
lariat_payload.JPG
Would you mind posting a pic of your window sticker or listing the trim level (501/502) and options your truck has? There are so many variables that determine payload capacity.

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
for 1080 watts I would think we could get a bit more out of it.
Sounds like you are looking for volume.
Its not for boom and sizzle.
No factory stereo will ever be.
However...The sound QUALITY with a good SOURCE is actually quite good.
I like the imaging. Spaciousness. General sound quality. Actually, I have the bass turned down. It's to heavy and the front drivers are being asked to produce frequencies below 60hz. Unacceptable.

Stereos are very personal. You will never be satisfied with an oem sound system.

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
Would you mind posting a pic of your window sticker or listing the trim level (501/502) and options your truck has? There are so many variables that determine payload capacity.
Sure, no problem. This is my exact truck, just in Antimatter Blue. This configuration is a staple of what this dealership orders. I liked it a lot since I wasn't interested in Power Tailgate, upgraded wheels, FX4, moonroof, etc. So many trucks were "over-configured" for what I needed. They are great options, but just not something I would use and just add to cost in my case. It's a 501A, but has both 360 2.0 Assist and the 360 Camera package. In addition, the leather bucket seats with console. When configured that way, you really only loose power-tilt/telescoping steering column, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats and LED projector lamps with dynamic bending off of the 502A package. The hardest to give up was losing the headlights, but it's $2000 in the package price, and for me, just not worth that extra step up.
Ford F-150 2.7 EB Payload Package- why so rare? sticker

Sponsored

dhectorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Occupation
IT
Sure, no problem. This is my exact truck, just in Antimatter Blue. This configuration is a staple of what this dealership orders. I liked it a lot since I wasn't interested in Power Tailgate, upgraded wheels, FX4, moonroof, etc. So many trucks were "over-configured" for what I needed. They are great options, but just not something I would use and just add to cost in my case. It's a 501A, but has both 360 2.0 Assist and the 360 Camera package. In addition, the leather bucket seats with console. When configured that way, you really only loose power-tilt/telescoping steering column, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats and LED projector lamps with dynamic bending off of the 502A package. The hardest to give up was losing the headlights, but it's $2000 in the package price, and for me, just not worth that extra step up.
sticker.png
Awesome thanks! I contemplated the 502A forever, but ultimately reached the same conclusion. It's just not worth the price jump from 501A.

Your configuration demonstrates once again that adding a bunch of options destroys payload capacity very quickly. Getting nearly 1600 pounds on a truck that's this well equipped is pretty impressive. I'd like to have 1700 pounds or more, just in case, but 1600 should be fine for my camping/traveling needs. That said, I'll be getting a SuperCab 6.5 box and I'm sure that changes the equation in some way. I wish Ford's configurator would just give you an estimated payload of the truck you've configured. There's no reason they couldn't do that.

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
Sounds like you are looking for volume.
Its not for boom and sizzle.
No factory stereo will ever be.
However...The sound QUALITY with a good SOURCE is actually quite good.
I like the imaging. Spaciousness. General sound quality. Actually, I have the bass turned down. It's to heavy and the front drivers are being asked to produce frequencies below 60hz. Unacceptable.

Stereos are very personal. You will never be satisfied with an oem sound system.
I listen to a lot of different music. Some could use a bit more volume to bring out it's richness. it's almost like they put a govonor on it. Then, the bass on some songs comes out too strong and rattles the sub which is annoying. At almost 57 I am probably a bit deaf from listening to loud music all my life.
Definitely better sound than my 2018 XLT Sport with Factory sound. Was disappointed you could not get a sub in that one because of the auto stop start feature.

Mark M

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I'm finding it hard to locate these packages on 2021 XLT's, does anyone know why this is such an unpopular package?

Requires:
• 2.7L V6 EcoBoost® Engine
• Trailer Tow Package
Includes:
• 3.73 Electronic-Locking Rear-Axle
• 9.75" Gearset

#6900, tow capacity around 10,000.

I've been heavily considering it over the more common 3.55/8.8, but I can't find one w/ the payload package to test drive. can anyone speak to how they may drive different or will I not notice much of a difference. (in which case I'd take the extra capacity of the Payload Package).

Thanks
I have a 2022 XLT with towing and 2.7 eco boost Payload Package. 301a. Tows my 5500lb trailer great. My payload on the door is 1764lbs.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
My GVWR is 6900 and my payload is 1798. Build details are in my signature. Very base 302A. If it’s not listed, I don’t have it.

thechester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
2022 XL SuperCrew, 5.5' bed, 4WD, 2.7 with the towing and payload packages.

The payload is listed as 1,911 lbs. The silver jam sticker claims the GVWR is 6,900 lbs.

Ford F-150 2.7 EB Payload Package- why so rare? 1660593439150
Sponsored