Sponsored

2.7.4 Update

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I finally decided to have the dealership perform the software update, since I needed to take the truck in for the insulation and wiper motor recalls. I asked the service advisor if they were performing the updates after Ford had halted the dealers performing the updates. She said that they were. It took them a month before they could get my truck in, which was yesterday. The service advisor said that they didn’t have any wiper motors and that they weren’t allowed to perform the software updates. She also said that I wouldn’t want them to because they were doing more damage than good.
I was pretty upset and asked to speak to a manager. He was very apologetic. I asked him if he could help me get a refund for the Prep Package since it was apparent that Ford was never going to update my truck.
(I’ve been stuck on 2.7.4 since 6/22). He said that he would see what he could do and get back to me.
I’m not holding my breath, but I’ll update this post when I get a reply.
Sponsored

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Xlt SCREW
Occupation
Retired
My 2021 job1 has also ended @2.7.4 In October 2022. Apparently it seems that’s as good as it’s going to get unless you do it yourself. Ford is a Tesla want to be that is light years behind.

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My 2021 job1 has also ended @2.7.4 In October 2022. Apparently it seems that’s as good as it’s going to get unless you do it yourself. Ford is a Tesla want to be that is light years behind.
I pointed out to Ford Customer Service that they had refunded the Raptor owners, who had paid for the prep package, when they decided not to update their trucks. I was told that I don’t own a Raptor.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I have a 21 XLT that I have updated to 23031 sync and 4.2.4 OTA. It is a little intimidating at first but once you have done one, it comes easy. There are lots of people on here that will help out as much as they can.

@rugedraw has a couple of Mongoose adaptors that he lends out and FDRS is free to down load. $50.00 buys a 2 day license. Follow the instructions on page one of the programing thread.

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I have a 21 XLT that I have updated to 23031 sync and 4.2.4 OTA. It is a little intimidating at first but once you have done one, it comes easy. There are lots of people on here that will help out as much as they can.

@rugedraw has a couple of Mongoose adaptors that he lends out and FDRS is free to down load. $50.00 buys a 2 day license. Follow the instructions on page one of the programing thread.
I'm pretty sure I've offered my Mongoose to him before, but as the saying goes: You can only lead a horse to water....... lol.

I feel bad for all these folks stuck on these older updates. I remember the sense of frustration I had with dealers and calling Ford and all the other useless things I did to try to get my truck updated. Spending $600 to get the $71k truck I paid for is a bargain, IMO. It was also very gratifying to tell my service advisor that everyone in the service department there sucks because I was able to do the updates they said they couldn't do myself. The dumb-founded look on his face when I showed him I had BC was worth the $600 alone.

Sponsored

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
2 words: borrow a mongoose.

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I'm pretty sure I've offered my Mongoose to him before, but as the saying goes: You can only lead a horse to water....... lol.

I feel bad for all these folks stuck on these older updates. I remember the sense of frustration I had with dealers and calling Ford and all the other useless things I did to try to get my truck updated. Spending $600 to get the $71k truck I paid for is a bargain, IMO. It was also very gratifying to tell my service advisor that everyone in the service department there sucks because I was able to do the updates they said they couldn't do myself. The dumb-founded look on his face when I showed him I had BC was worth the $600 alone.
You did offer and I did appreciate it. As I said before, I would do more damage than good. I got a new router the other day and spent hours trying to get it set up. I ended up going back to the old router. You need to know your limitations!

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
My Job 1, built Nov 2020, has updated all the way to 4.2.4

6 updates in the last 3 weeks, so don’t give up.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Ford sent a letter to all '21 Job 1 owners over a year ago stating to take your truck in to get updates covered by 10/31. They then extended it, so you had roughly 9 months last year to get it updated but didn't. While it sucks you are in this situation, you brought it on yourself by processing.

Raptor owners are never officially getting BlueCruise, your truck could of it was updated. The only way you're getting refunded for the prep package is if you sell your truck and get a new one.

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ford sent a letter to all '21 Job 1 owners over a year ago stating to take your truck in to get updates covered by 10/31. They then extended it, so you had roughly 9 months last year to get it updated but didn't. While it sucks you are in this situation, you brought it on yourself by processing.

Raptor owners are never officially getting BlueCruise, your truck could of it was updated. The only way you're getting refunded for the prep package is if you sell your truck and get a new one.
The letter also stated that it was your option to do it ota or take it in. A friend took his into our only dealership and they damaged something while trying to update it. He was without his truck for two months while they waited for parts. Kinda between a rock and a hard place.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
The letter also stated that it was your option to do it ota or take it in. A friend took his into our only dealership and they damaged something while trying to update it. He was without his truck for two months while they waited for parts. Kinda between a rock and a hard place.
I know how this is going to sound, but thanks to a few brilliant minds on this forum, you are better off doing it yourself with our help than depending on your dealer. I don't want seem pushy and try to continue to convince you to do it, so this will be the last time I make that suggestion. I suggest you follow the FDRS thread that is on here so you can see what other people like yourself go through when they are performing the updates and you will see the help this community provides first-hand.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I look at the $600 as a tool investment for the toolbox for any and all Fords I own or purchase in the future.
And instead of looking at it as though I shouldn't have to pay a dealership to do what Ford should get them to do, I remind myself what a luxury it is to NOT have to deal with the dealership redtape, apathy, and shenanigans.

Best $600 mod ever!

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Xlt SCREW
Occupation
Retired
Ford sent a letter to all '21 Job 1 owners over a year ago stating to take your truck in to get updates covered by 10/31. They then extended it, so you had roughly 9 months last year to get it updated but didn't. While it sucks you are in this situation, you brought it on yourself by
Never received said letter. Not complaining, just stating my experience. Also don’t believe I brought it on myself, but if it makes you feel better, have at it.

lawduck1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost XLT on order
Does anyone know what the problem is that caused them to put a hold on the campaign to add BlueCruise to '21 Job 1s? Has anyone had any problem just borrowing a mongoose and doing it themself? I'm considering this route, but I don't think I heard what the issue was.

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Never received said letter. Not complaining, just stating my experience. Also don’t believe I brought it on myself, but if it makes you feel better, have at it.
I never received said letter either. I am still way behind on updates 'Sept 22", getting one a week lately, but I dont really care anymore. My truck was shutting down systems mostly due to the weak battery and APIM which they replaced both so now it runs pretty good.
Sponsored