First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
It’s been a very frustrating process. I’m looking forward to our next trip to Salt Lake on I-80.
I forgot to try the lane change to see if they updated my truck to Bluecruise 1.2.
Are you taking your truck in to see if the dealer can get it updated?
BC 1.2 is not available by any traditional means on our trucks yet, and there is no confirmation thus far that we will, but there is speculation and hope that we will get it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
FWIW when Apple refused the FBI access into the San Bernardino terrorists cell phone it was some kid that came up with the work around that led the FBI into the phone to gather more info...
With that said, what I'm trying to say, is I would trust some of these "non professional" guys on this board, than some of the "professional" Ford Techs...
I live in a small town in Wyoming and we may not be rocket scientists here, but we’ve got some pretty smart kids.
All I know is that the service technician got my truck updated to active Bluecruise and I’m pretty tickled!

jwisniew33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021
It’s been a very frustrating process. I’m looking forward to our next trip to Salt Lake on I-80.
I forgot to try the lane change to see if they updated my truck to Bluecruise 1.2.
Are you taking your truck in to see if the dealer can get it updated?
My truck unfortunately doesnt have bluecruise. I have tried multiple dealerships in my area and none have been willing to update my vehicle or even act like they knew what I was talking about. I ended up waiting for the updates, but im an IT person so I was debating on getting a mongoose and doing it myself.

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My truck unfortunately doesnt have bluecruise. I have tried multiple dealerships in my area and none have been willing to update my vehicle or even act like they knew what I was talking about. I ended up waiting for the updates, but im an IT person so I was debating on getting a mongoose and doing it myself.
It might be worth trying your dealer again. I emailed the service manager and attached the email from Ford, asking him if he was aware of this and he said that he wasn’t but that he would check it out. He called a few hours later and asked if I wanted to bring my truck in. I was a little leery about it because a year ago they had tried to update a friend of mine’s truck and damaged something. He had a loaner for over two months before they got him back his truck.
I decided that I didn’t have any road trips planned for awhile so I gave them a chance. I’m glad I did. Anyway, it wouldn’t hurt to ask!

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I finally got a chance to try Bluecruise on a road trip down I-25. These are my first impressions. The first interesting occurrence was a shredded semi tire in my lane and obviously the truck didn’t see that. The next thing I noticed was when the truck slowed for road construction, the speed limit indicator showed on the dash, but the truck set the speed 10mph over, then coming out of construction it set the speed at 85mph instead of the 80mph it had been set at and that was shown on the dash. It also accelerated very quickly.
The next occurrence was with an on/off ramp. The truck tried to take the off ramp at 80mph.
There were a few times going through curves that it crossed over the lane lines.
When passing other vehicles it got uncomfortable close a few times.
Finally, there were some wind gusts that caused it to over correct and cross over lane lines.
It was an interesting trip. I had to pay more attention to the road than if I’d been steering myself.
Maybe when the 1.2 update comes out it might be better but, at this point, I won’t be purchasing the subscription!

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Bluecruise isn't and never will be my chauffer. :)

I doubt there will ever be driver's assist technology that I would consider a pass on my responsibility to pay attention.

A shredded tire, or any other obstacle on the road, is a perfect example why.

But I do find these driver's assist functions reduce my fatigue considerably on long stints.

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Bluecruise isn't and never will be my chauffer. :)

I doubt there will ever be driver's assist technology that I would consider a pass on my responsibility to pay attention.

A shredded tire, or any other obstacle on the road, is a perfect example why.

But I do find these driver's assist functions reduce my fatigue considerably on long stints.
We just got back home and the return trip was better now that I know what to watch for.

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I searched the forum and couldn’t find the answer to my questions and I didn’t want to start a new thread.
My last update was 3.5.4 and occurred the day before I took the truck to the dealer to have the Bluecruise update performed. Now sync just shows that the software is up to date, nothing about what particular version the truck has been updated to.
Also, the sync screen shows that the Bluecruise subscription expires 10/09/2073. The Ford Pass app shows that Bluecruise is coming soon. Does it just take awhile for the sync and the app to update?

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
if they force updated anything, it doesnt reflect the same as an OTA does. when an OTA comes in, you usually get a clean, "you've been updated to x.x.x" message. but when you manually update that stuff in fdrs, you won't see that. what version/revision are you on? you can probably deduce about where you are at from that info. i would just hang tight for the next ota, and that'll tell you for sure. as long as you are still getting updates and your BC and everything else is working, it's not totally important where you currently stand.

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
if they force updated anything, it doesnt reflect the same as an OTA does. when an OTA comes in, you usually get a clean, "you've been updated to x.x.x" message. but when you manually update that stuff in fdrs, you won't see that. what version/revision are you on? you can probably deduce about where you are at from that info. i would just hang tight for the next ota, and that'll tell you for sure. as long as you are still getting updates and your BC and everything else is working, it's not totally important where you currently stand.
It isn’t really important but I was just curious, especially about the subscription expiration date!

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I searched the forum and couldn’t find the answer to my questions and I didn’t want to start a new thread.
My last update was 3.5.4 and occurred the day before I took the truck to the dealer to have the Bluecruise update performed. Now sync just shows that the software is up to date, nothing about what particular version the truck has been updated to.
Also, the sync screen shows that the Bluecruise subscription expires 10/09/2073. The Ford Pass app shows that Bluecruise is coming soon. Does it just take awhile for the sync and the app to update?
That expiration date is correct. Is your BC operational now? If so, you are good to go.

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks! Bluecruise is working fine. I thought they were only giving you a one year complimentary subscription. 2073 will definitely outlast me!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks! Bluecruise is working fine. I thought they were only giving you a one year complimentary subscription. 2073 will definitely outlast me!
It's believed to be a type that Ford hasn't corrected......no one really knows why it expires in 50 years. However, if that is the date you are showing, then the truck is configured correctly.
Sponsored