First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 XLT, 66 mustang
Occupation
Construction
Has anybody had to purchase new cam bolts to get their alignments in spec when using a 2.5" strut spacer kit?
I had a 2.5" Autosprings kit installed by an off road shop and they are saying the alignment shop is stating I need to purchase (should purchase) a cam bolt kit from Ford to get enough adjustment to get it (and keep it) within spec?

The kit manufacturer said they shouldn't need that due to the adjustable lower control arm?
Just trying to figure out if im being jerked around or if this is a real possibility.

They claim with the adjustable slotted lower control arm and the way it tightens up that it is almost impossible to get it locked in perfect and a large bump (Off Road) could knock it out of alignment possibly.
They claim they talked to Ford and they offer a bolt with cams in it specifically for this purpose.
Anyone heard of this?

Any help appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Francis Bellows

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 xlt
They're just being idiots. Go somewhere else. The camber bolts make it easier to adjust, but for the 30 minutes it would take to get it perfect with 2 guys instead of 1 they shouldn't complain. Camber bolt wont really help if they aren't torqueing it down tight enough that it won't move which should be like 250ftlbs.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I did them in my office's parking lot. Drew a circle around their factory locations, put in the lift kit, eyeballed against my lines and then put 2k miles on it before getting it aligned as the machines didn't have 22's in them yet and nobody would touch it. It didn't pull, do anything odd, self steering worked fine. When the machines got the alignment data a few months later I had it done and but 1 variable, toe-in was a degree off. The others were just a hair out. of spec.

Last edited:

Willy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCrew
Occupation
Sales
I highly recommend a camber adjustment kit. I had a Ford Tech tell me that the 2021+ adjustment bolts tend to slip more than previous generations. I put the camber kit in when I needed my second alignment within a year. The Moog kit is only about $50 cdn.
Ford F-150 2.5" Leveling Kit needing Cam Bolts? Help Screenshot_20220913-225604
Sponsored