Sponsored

2.4.1 update completely broke CarPlay

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I just received the 2.4.1 update. It completely broke CarPlay. I even tried to delete this truck on the phone and reinstall it. Nothing. I use this all the time. Bluetooth doesn’t work either. They both worked fine before the update. Any ideas how to fix this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
Have you tried a master reset of sync? Does wired carplay also not work? Also maybe restart the phone.

OP
OP
Lippy

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Have you tried a master reset of sync? Does wired carplay also not work? Also maybe restart the phone.
I tried restarting and reconnecting everything, which didn't work. Master reset did, but, boy, what a PIA. I didn't realize it, but you need to re-enroll and reconnect FordPass, enter in all of your lost radio station presets, re-program the keys, and re-enter all of your default settings. Took about an hour. Thanks Ford, good job on the quality control. Train wreck.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Just a suggestion.. when I had issues with my carplay I had to forget all networks in my iPhone. That is a pain in the butt also becuase it forgets all saved wifi networks.

It was the only way I could get it to connect again.

I am surprised this happened the 2.4.1 was a gateway only update. If you wouldnt mind send me your vin so I can see your ota history and maybe see what happened

OP
OP
Lippy

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Just a suggestion.. when I had issues with my carplay I had to forget all networks in my iPhone. That is a pain in the butt also becuase it forgets all saved wifi networks.

It was the only way I could get it to connect again.

I am surprised this happened the 2.4.1 was a gateway only update. If you wouldnt mind send me your vin so I can see your ota history and maybe see what happened
I did try forgetting and reentering network credentials. It didn’t work. VIN sent.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bakerd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser/Assessor
Carplay, not a Ford product, is quirky and glitchy all the way around, other cars as well. My Honda's has been glitchy since 2017 when I bought that car. My 21 Ford is way less glitchy but still things happen. Usually, turning on and off my iphone 12 will fix it.

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
Still figuring the new stuff out, but how can you tell when you receive an update, or check your current version?

Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost sold, 2023 Tremor 5.0 now
Didn’t bother mine at all but my update is only 2.3.0.

Last edited:

Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost sold, 2023 Tremor 5.0 now
Still figuring the new stuff out, but how can you tell when you receive an update, or check your current version?
Click settings, then System Updates then Click update details.
Ford F-150 2.4.1 update completely broke CarPlay ACE1FD5C-9219-494B-81B6-21A6F2DF6FF2

Sponsored

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
I don't get a screen like that I only see "Your System is up-to-date". Maybe I have never gotten any updates. I have Auto Updates on, Wi-Fi Connected, and it just checked for an update.

Ford F-150 2.4.1 update completely broke CarPlay IMG_7530

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
I don't get a screen like that I only see "Your System is up-to-date". Maybe I have never gotten any updates. I have Auto Updates on, Wi-Fi Connected, and it just checked for an update.

IMG_7530.jpg
Mine was like that when I was somewhere between 1.7 and 2.3.
2.3 got it working again

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I just received the 2.4.1 update. It completely broke CarPlay. I even tried to delete this truck on the phone and reinstall it. Nothing. I use this all the time. Bluetooth doesn’t work either. They both worked fine before the update. Any ideas how to fix this?
Good morning! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer. I want to check into this carplay concern. Thank you!

Jaug

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I would love to have this problem, getting the latest updates and having to restart everything. I am stuck on 1.7.1 with no fix in sight. My dealer is saying just wait. Been months.
Sponsored