2/28/22 Build Week Club

Undertheradar

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Happy to join the club! Had to harass my dealer as I didn’t get anything from Ford. Placed my finalized order (had to make a few changes to hopefully speed things up) on 12/30 and just got the VIN from them today:

VIN: 1FTFW1ED7NFA89113
Scheduled To Week
W1E - 4x4 SuperCrew
Retail J560

BUILD WEEK: 2/28/2022

Ordered a Oxford white Lariat sport package FX4 with powerboost engine
502A
7.5kw pro power
Moonroof
Co-pilot 360 assist 2.0
Interior work surface
Trailer tow package
B&O unleashed
Bed utility package
Console vault

It will immediately get some bronze Method 703’s in +25 offset and Falken Wildpeak 285/70/17’s with a reverse level, as well as LineX, Truxedo tonneau, fender liners, and RCI bed rack.
This will be my first truck and I’m stoked!
Sponsored

Last edited:

mcgski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
12/22/2021 Order Confirmed email
01/06/2022 VIN and scheduled build week email
02/28/2022 Scheduled Build Week

Thanks. It definitely looks like XL/XLTs are getting priority.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
12/22/2021 Order Confirmed email​
01/06/2022 VIN and scheduled build week email​
02/28/2022 Scheduled Build Week​
Thanks. It definitely looks like XL/XLTs are getting priority.
Maybe, but note mine linked to your comment is a Lariat (maybe I'm missing your point / basis?). @Undertheradar is also a Lariat, seems like we both got pretty quick scheduled builds.

Last edited:

mcgski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Maybe, but note mine linked to your comment is a Lariat (maybe I'm missing your point / basis?). @Undertheradar is also a Lariat, seems like we both got pretty quick scheduled builds.
You are correct, my bad. Saw your build sheet and didn't read it carefully. Looking like around 2 weeks to get a VIN and build date if all goes well. I ordered mine on 12/31 so crossing my fingers....

Photonicc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Received the official Ford e-mail two days ago -- after placing my order in June, I got a build week date! Once my truck was switched from a '21 to a '22 last fall I did make some changes...added the adaptive steering and the auto start-stop removal option. I considered the black appearance package - added it -- but then decided against it. Not sure if my changes delayed production or not. Either way....looks like late March is when dealer delivery will happen.

Ordered an antimatter blue Platinum with the carmello interior. Lots of additional options. Will be built in Dearborn, Michigan.
when did you add adaptive steering? I have the same build with a 5.0

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rusty

Rusty

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 AntiMatter Blue Platinum
when did you add adaptive steering? I have the same build with a 5.0
I took the black appearance off in early December....and at that point, realized the adaptive steering was then an option, instead of being it being standard with my 2021 truck I had ordered. So I added it at that point.

My original truck was ordered in June. Obviously -- it was switched to a 2022 in the fall and I added the black appearance package then...and I'm guessing that when I took it off and added the adaptive steering in early December, they made a new order. I'm getting a 5.0 too. Curious what color interior you ordered? I like the look of the carmello but have yet to see it in person. I currently have a kodiak brown truck (a '13) with the pecan interior that I just love. I realize the carmello is more yellow and am a little hesitant about it!

Photonicc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I took the black appearance off in early December....and at that point, realized the adaptive steering was then an option, instead of being it being standard with my 2021 truck I had ordered. So I added it at that point.

My original truck was ordered in June. Obviously -- it was switched to a 2022 in the fall and I added the black appearance package then...and I'm guessing that when I took it off and added the adaptive steering in early December, they made a new order. I'm getting a 5.0 too. Curious what color interior you ordered? I like the look of the carmello but have yet to see it in person. I currently have a kodiak brown truck (a '13) with the pecan interior that I just love. I realize the carmello is more yellow and am a little hesitant about it!
Oh pretty much the same build then, I also went with Carmelo interior with the 5.0 platinum. Personal preference that caramel/brown color seats look much more luxury and high end compared to black seats that you can get in every car. California is also a pain with leather black seats in the summer. I have seen carmelo in person, you will love it! It is a mix of carmelo and black in the seats, but the color is more yellow than the brown in king ranch seating. However, its a much better choice than boring black in my opinion!

Also thanks for the insight, I am going to try to add adaptive steering to my order this week with my dealer as everyone who adds it seems to have better luck getting scheduled. While I didn't care for the feature at first, I realized that it essentially allows you to turn more with fewer rotations of the steering wheel at low speeds. For a big truck that can be a helpful feature especially in tight spots.

wantavant

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Agate Black Lariat Sport
12/21/2021 Order confirmed email
1/6/2022 Scheduled for production and vin email
2/28/2022 build week

2022 RCSB XLT 4x4 w/5.0 and 3.73 gears

tommytucker182

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150 XLT Ecoboost; Ducati; Harley Davidson
Occupation
Scientist
His all, first post here! Congrats on having your builds scheduled, I know I am excited for mine !his may seem a silly question, but with al this talk about adaptive steering, would all Platinum trims have it automatically? Just went to be sure that mine does!
Ford F-150 2/28/22 Build Week Club 1641847011595

UPTHECREEK

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
His all, first post here! Congrats on having your builds scheduled, I know I am excited for mine !his may seem a silly question, but with al this talk about adaptive steering, would all Platinum trims have it automatically? Just went to be sure that mine does!
1641847011595.jpeg
TommyTucker Adaptive steering was standard equipment 2021 Platinum models. It is now a $1000 opt. on the 2022 model Platinums. With that being said I added it to my Platinum order 3 -4 weeks ago and I still have no build date.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rusty

Rusty

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 AntiMatter Blue Platinum
Oh pretty much the same build then, I also went with Carmelo interior with the 5.0 platinum. Personal preference that caramel/brown color seats look much more luxury and high end compared to black seats that you can get in every car. California is also a pain with leather black seats in the summer. I have seen carmelo in person, you will love it! It is a mix of carmelo and black in the seats, but the color is more yellow than the brown in king ranch seating. However, its a much better choice than boring black in my opinion!
I 100% agree that the carmello or any tan or light colored interior is more high end looking. That's the total reason I went back and removed the black appearance package. I would be paying all this money for a Platinum truck and it would end up looking like a Tremor, in my opinion. Plus -- no carmello interior. Not to mention - carmello should look really good with the Antimatter blue color.

The adaptive steering should be a really nice feature. It's too bad that all of a sudden it was a $1000 option...after being standard on the Platinum...but at this point...it got added.

waitingforbigred

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mustang Boss 302, 2022 F150 Lariat on order

Also thanks for the insight, I am going to try to add adaptive steering to my order this week with my dealer as everyone who adds it seems to have better luck getting scheduled. While I didn't care for the feature at first, I realized that it essentially allows you to turn more with fewer rotations of the steering wheel at low speeds. For a big truck that can be a helpful feature especially in tight spots.

Interesting to see the varied opinions on interior colors. I find all black to be very clean and sleek.

I hear you on the Cali sun though. South Louisiana isn't much better.

RMQ

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Joining this club!

Tremor 402a. I’ve got a VIN and this is my build week. Pumped.

Originally I ordered a 502a with BAP on 10/4/21. Never received an email from ford for it. I updated to a tremor after seeing the BAP photos and hearing about the delays. Placed that order 12/22. Never received an email from ford about that order either. Finally asked the dealer yesterday and was given a vin and a build week!

I can’t yet track the vin through ford’s site though. Can any one else?

Undertheradar

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Congrats and welcome to the club! I received my vin and build date early last week and have never been able to track…and I have yet to receive anything from Ford directly…on from my dealer after multiple emails. Dealer said they were “opted out” from being able to link my email directly to Ford.
I did call the Ford marketing number and asked them to add my email, which they did, and I got a confirmation shortly after, but nothing specific about my order. Hopefully I’ll now get any updates from them.

FireMarshalBill

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Military
Also scheduled for 2/28 Week! Lariat 502A SCREW, 3.5 EcoBoost, Black Appearance Package, Iconic Silver

Ordered October 17 through Granger
Sponsored