First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.5 Powerboost FX4 5.5' Bed
Occupation
Software Engineer
Dropped off yesterday and tentatively scheduled to be done by 07/20 as long as all of the parts come in as scheduled.

Interestingly the service technician that I spoke with said the body shop's biggest challenge at the moment is getting plastic parts and anything electronic. He said body panels are still fairly easy to get. But things like side mirrors are sitting at 2+ months wait time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kosekjm

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
The door bent like it was never meant to.
When I was n the army I watched a general's helicopter come into our base in Hungary. For some reason his driver jumped out to open the car door for the general right as the helicopter was flaring for landing and the door bent forward from the downdraft. We ended up having to call a patrol car to come take the general into his meeting as his vehicle was now incapacitated :)

EF150man

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Space White, 2.7l, moonroof, 20"wheels
Occupation
Retired
My old man is a TV repairman. He has an AWESOME set of tools! LOL....Sorry....Too Soon? This insurance is for....Or cash

Ford F-150 19 year old and a parking garage bollard = $8K in damages iu

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
My son wrecked my 68 Chevy Stepside a few years ago. He ran into the back of a jeep in traffic leaving his high school. I had to go get it and tow it home on the trailer all the while he was waiting for me to explode. That night I asked him if he expected me to be mad and he said yes, I asked him if he knew why I wasn't and he said no, I told him things are replaceable and he isn't so I was just glad he was Ok. Perspective is key, and bye the way, he is still paying on my 68 Chevy lol.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I told my 16-year-old daughter to follow me home in my Benz SL 550 convertible after she failed to succeed in her first solo outing driving the “kid’s” Miata with clutch. We switched cars and I instructed her to follow me home. I pulled out into traffic from a gas station where I’d gone to meet her, only to see her pull out in my rear view - following me, directly into the path of a huge dump truck. Almost totalled my nearly new Mercedes. The truck driver was sympathetic. After establishing that she was okay, I instructed her to handle it and left the scene - if she was old enough to drive, she was old enough to deal with the consequences. I also required her to deal with all insurance company and body shop interactions and obtaining a rental car. It’s part of growing up, and 15 years later, part of family lore - she’s grateful for not being coddled that day.

Sponsored

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
On YouTube there is a Channel where these two brothers rebuilt a 2019 Ford Raptor with Similar damage to your truck. Worth the watch.

YouTube- Goonzquad

Ford F-150 19 year old and a parking garage bollard = $8K in damages maxresdefault

OP
OP
kosekjm

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
For anyone still keeping score at home I finally got my truck back on 08/05/2021 so just shy of 45 days all told. The last two weeks was a waiting game to get two parts for the door that were on back order. Final cost was right at the original $8K mark

It's like it's a brand new truck:

Ford F-150 19 year old and a parking garage bollard = $8K in damages Driver_Side

Maybe because it is :) While waiting on the repairs my original dealer called to see if I was still interested in a Powerboost like I had been back in January. Explained the issue to him and he told me bring it in and see what we could do.

Took a bit of a hit on the trade in due to the repaired damage but not as bad as it could have been (and I had a $2K PCO that offset most of that) and ended up with the Powerboost version in Leadfoot grey instead of an Ecoboost Agate black for only $10 more a month. Not too bad all around.

Now to figure out the ins and outs of the Powerboost model.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
That is painful to see. When I was 16, I whipped into my friend's driveway in my mom's '91 Mercury Capri to pick him up. I jumped out of the car and, to this day, swear I set the parking break. The car, a manual, rolled back down his drive while I was inside and wedged itself under his cast-iron mailbox. My mom was furious, but understanding. The car, which we sold last year with only 14,000 on the odometer, was repaired, but as the years went by and the miles didn't accumulate, I felt worse and worse about smashing up such a pristine car.

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
For anyone still keeping score at home I finally got my truck back on 08/05/2021 so just shy of 45 days all told. The last two weeks was a waiting game to get two parts for the door that were on back order. Final cost was right at the original $8K mark
What type of shop did you end up going with? I hit a mule deer this weekend and am currently in the process of finding a shop. Not sure if I should go with something like a Caliber Collision, or try to go thru a Ford dealership (the one I bought from doesn't have their own body shop).

OP
OP
kosekjm

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
What type of shop did you end up going with? I hit a mule deer this weekend and am currently in the process of finding a shop. Not sure if I should go with something like a Caliber Collision, or try to go thru a Ford dealership (the one I bought from doesn't have their own body shop).
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope everyone is well after that. Saw one of those get plastered by a semi going over 70 MPH on the highway once. All that hit my car was a fine red mist.

This was a body shop at a Ford dealer in Raleigh, NC. The local Caliber Collision centers here only have one shop that handles aluminum repairs and that one was nearly an hour away from me. The Ford shop was about 15 minutes and both had excellent reviews. Both where on the State Farm approved lists so they handled everything with the insurance claim. All I had to do was pay the deductible at the end.

One odd note on mine, the body shop was on the Ford property but was listed as a separate entity (Capital Ford was the dealer and Carolina Collison Center was the body shop). Somehow I got credited almost 52000 ford pass points for my purchase at the body shop. These were not the ones for the new truck purchase as those have not come in yet (and these were assigned the day before I even went to talk to my dealer). Not sure if the body shop is more aligned with this Ford dealer or not but I'll take free points. More toys I can buy.

Sponsored

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
One odd note on mine, the body shop was on the Ford property but was listed as a separate entity (Capital Ford was the dealer and Carolina Collison Center was the body shop)
I think I'm seeing a similar situation to my local Ford dealerships. There looks to be 2 different Ford dealerships that have their own body shops, but they might be separate entities. Neither get *great* reviews so I'm somewhat skeptical about using them vs. an independent shop. Then again, the reviews are mostly for the dealerships themselves for buying vehicles (and not specifically for the body shops). I just want my truck fixed, the correct way, since it is only 17 days under my possession :(

https://www.omearaford.com/collision-center

https://www.sill-terharmotors.com/collision-repair-advice.htm?fmccmp=t1-fd

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

It's like it's a brand new truck:

Driver_Side.jpg

Maybe because it is :) While waiting on the repairs my original dealer called to see if I was still interested in a Powerboost like I had been back in January. Explained the issue to him and he told me bring it in and see what we could do.

Took a bit of a hit on the trade in due to the repaired damage but not as bad as it could have been (and I had a $2K PCO that offset most of that) and ended up with the Powerboost version in Leadfoot grey instead of an Ecoboost Agate black for only $10 more a month. Not too bad all around.

Now to figure out the ins and outs of the Powerboost model.
Congratulations on your truck! Hope you enjoy it. :)

snapper9601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 4x4 Lariat 500A SCrew 2.7EB 145"
Although I'm far too protective of my vehicles, (I once told my wife early in our marriage that if she scratched it she should just keep on driving) I always remind my daughter that "it's insured and made of metal, you being in one piece is the important part"
I might be too protective as well. My wife has not earned (pronounced "been granted") full clearance to drive my truck by herself yet. But hey, it's only just over year old! My son is moving in a couple months and we were discussing the logistics as I'm going out of town around moving time. My son asked if I'm out of town when he needs to move, can he borrow the truck? He knows it's made of Coors Light cans. And he added, "as long as I don't return it all dimpled up like a golf ball?". I might just rent him a truck.....

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Ranger; 24 F-150 XL 4x4 RCSB ordered
Occupation
Retired USAF