First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.5 Powerboost FX4 5.5' Bed
Occupation
Software Engineer
I know a great Russian guy who can fix. Goes by Vladimir Ivanov Ivanovich Gregorovich Vladimirovich Smith. Meets only in back alleys. Ask for the “Moscow special” ( I think it means duct tape and sharpie ). Solid guy.

In all seriousness, this totally sucks to hear and see man. Hopefully supply constraints ease up soon. I have parts on back order since March with no end in sight. Does your insurance company let you pick the body shop?
Think I've seen his work. One day I saw a Jeep Cherokee come past the parking lot at work and the front grill looked odd. As he got closer I realized that he had taken color matched duct tape and taped in a new grill both vertically and horizontally. From a distance it didn't look too bad. :)

Yep I can pick the body shops. They have their list of preferred shops but I can go anyplace. Luckily the ones that I was interested in going to are all on the approved list.

OP
OP
kosekjm

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
I jokingly told my daughter that if she ever door dings my truck then she is no longer my son! (its an old favorite quote from king of the hill, not any sort of phobic statement)
I've always told my son he's in my top 3 of favorite kids (He's an only child :) ) He asked if he was still in my top 3 after this and I said now in the top 5.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Have an appointment with a body shop in a Ford dealer (Not mine) tomorrow. Curious what their numbers will look like.

And my son said hearing the first thing out of my mouth being "Are you ok?" helped ease his mind.
You’re a great Dad…

side note… how many shifts at Burger King equals $8000??

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
DO you have the 360 camera? It has saved my ass once or twice already.

Sponsored

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
I've always told my son he's in my top 3 of favorite kids (He's an only child :) ) He asked if he was still in my top 3 after this and I said now in the top 5.
My two older kids are just a year apart, every once in a while I'll send them a group text saying "I love you both" then two or three minutes later I'll send them a second text that says "one of you more than the other":rolleyes:

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
In high school I got my truck stuck on some railroad tracks, train came by and pushed it off for me. Turned it into an accordion. I called my dad to tell him, he said “here, talk to your mom” :LOL:

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
I showed my Husband the pictures of the damage and told him not to feel too bad for damaging my truck in a parking garage. It could have been worse. The damage to mine was a little less than $1k.

OP
OP
kosekjm

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
DO you have the 360 camera? It has saved my ass once or twice already.
Yep I do. Somehow he still managed to crunch it up :)

OP
OP
kosekjm

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Looks like new box side, door and cab corner pillar 6500$

You are good. Those 3 parts are the main pieces in the quotes.

Per the body shop attached to a Ford dealer they are quoting out $6K

Sponsored

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
Ouch. Most of us have been in his shoes though. It's what insurance is for, and I'm sure he learned a valuable lesson about spatial awareness.

My first truck was an old Silverado shop truck my dad retired from his fleet and gave to me, truck was rusty and pretty well used but it was still a gift from him. I ran the truck through a fence trying to be a stunt driver in a yee haw country music video 3 months after I got my license, and after getting through the "I'm not mad I'm just disappointed" speech he took me to pick n pull, we picked out a matching door and fender that I paid for, went home and he handed me a socket set, grabbed himself a lawn chair and a case of beer and he sat in the shade and watched me swap out all the parts in the beating sun ?

I also had to fix the fence ?

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
That is sad.....I am sure happy my cat does not drive. Only the two of us at my house.

Its Not Me

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 3.5l Ecoboost 11/6/20
Occupation
Commercial Locksmith
That is sad.....I am sure happy my cat does not drive. Only the two of us at my house.
At my house it is my wife and me...and the two dogs...the dogs keep showing me their license saying they will drive...I've quit trying to explain it to them, and then open the back seat windows and they forget all about driving.
???

HJL

First Name
Harv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR 5.0, 2006 Escape
Occupation
Self employed
I hope you can find a good body shop that will make it like it never happened. When I was a kid my Dad bought a new Caprice wagon and I left the back door open when I was backing it out of the garage after I had vacuumed it. The door bent like it was never meant to. I have never forgot the feeling of complete dismay but he was pretty chill about it. Good job dealing with your son. I would have done the same after counting to a million!
Sponsored