Sponsored

Sentinel1201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
The level and tires do not sap 7 mpg, I don't buy that. The impact of level and aggressive tires is usually 1-2 mpg.

I can get a Powerboost and have a 7.2KW generator and get 21 mpg all day (I actually get better, I get 23-24 and I run 34" KO2s) or I can get a powerstroke and get the same MPG but pay more for fuel and not have a generator.

Not surprised Ford killed the powerstroke.
Sponsored

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
The level and tires do not sap 7 mpg, I don't buy that. The impact of level and aggressive tires is usually 1-2 mpg.

I can get a Powerboost and have a 7.2KW generator and get 21 mpg all day (I actually get better, I get 23-24 and I run 34" KO2s) or I can get a powerstroke and get the same MPG but pay more for fuel and not have a generator.

Taking this not as trolling
So let me get this right so lets look at this each tires weight about 57 lbs x 4 = 228 + say 35 lbs for the rim = 140 total 368 lbs of extra weight . Now concluding that you have the same truck configuration. I will each give you 200 for weight and give you each an additional 30 for clothes miscellaneous gear. Your mpg without the tires would be 26 mpg at worst 24 funny since you would be getting better than ford advertising . I will tell you if you drive a diesel for very short trip /time less than say 50 mile trip then diesel is not for you and powerboost/ gas would be a better choice all things being equal. That being said taking no account of terrain hill country vs flat plains driving styles accelerations 55 mph. Your numbers are awesome and Ford has done an injustice to the powerboost community . So on a recent trip from hill country not mountains to the New York metro area stock 3.0 I got 29mpg hand calculated driving like it was stolen for 5 1/2 hour trip food for thought

Last edited:
OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist

You getting "21 mpg all day" and 24 mpg 34's is what I don't buy. That's just downright B.S. LOL.

if you had bothered to watch the video, you’d see the heavy cross wind, mountains, and other weather stuff I had to deal with that dragged down MPG. The powerboost wouldn’t even crack the 20 MPG mark under those circumstances.

I get 27-30 in good weather, diesel is actually cheaper than 91, and my power stroke has the added benefit of actually being reliable ?

Last edited:

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A Carbonized Grey Sport 4x4
that's a really nice truck and wheel/tire combo....I do believe the fuel economy numbers, they are not bad with that setup....I leveled my 2.7 EB 3.55 XLT sport 4x4 and put 34s but light (very light) 34s...275/65/20 Nitto Terra Grappler SL....so only a few pounds heavier than stock....I think the heavy tires and wheels along with level are hurting your mileage...I am averaging 19.7 right now with half 2 lane back roads at around 55mph and half highway at around 75mph....very happy with that given lift and 34s (I only went up 2" in front and 3/4" in rear so raked a bit)

the diesel is a nice option and I actually strongly considered a GMC or Chevy for their diesel but now happy with 2.7 as diesel costs a lot more around me

DannyGRT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Wonderful trip and nice ride report!
Sponsored