First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Lots of options here. Thanks everyone. I didn’t realize the Spigen was a matte finish too. I try to be super careful with my screen, but noticed a few super fine scratches in it with the sun hitting it directly. Figured I’d cover it before it gets any worse. I like the easy removal of a glass cover if I ever decide to remove it. I assume there would be glue residue if the OCD was ever removed, similar to window tint? @Gerry D , I’m curious how yours works out once you install it.
Like window tint, leave the truck in direct sun with the roof open), and 15 minutes later I sprayed the same install solution (a drop of soap in a bottle of water) as I peeled the OCD screen protector off without issue. Then I cleaned the screen with spray and microfiber cloth. Replacement went on without issue as well. I have also used a hair dryer for tint and decals during the winter.

Note: I got a scratch on the screen that I couldn't get out when the dealer disassembled my dash to replace my APIM as a 2021 Job 1 truck to get updates working.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jeffrt

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
Once I get the screen protector installed I will post my findings. Hopefully it won't be too long, so be patient. It's up to Ford when my truck arrives.
No worries or rush. I feel your pain. Took 7 months to get my 21.