Sponsored

12 Months and no King Ranch F150 Truck! Now waiting for 2022 Model Year, hoping it won't end up being a 2023!

ToolManDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge
Occupation
Pump Service Manager
I ordered a 2021 F150 King Ranch last May and when I finally got my VIN number in October of 2021 IT WASN'T MY TRUCK! It was a Lariet and it wasn't in my name. The dealer couldn't explain what happened so they had to order me a 2022 as it was too late in the model year. They told me I had "Priority 01" status for the new truck and it is has now been over seven months and still no VIN number. At this point, I'm hoping it isn't going to be a 2023 King Ranch. I have driven nicely equiped XLT Crew Cab F150's for as long as I can remember, but I have never "ordered" one. I normally purchased an XLT off of the lot. This time I decided to order a nicer truck with the options I wanted.......Boy was this a mistake!

I know there is a chip shortage, but the communication from the dealer and Ford has been terrible! I call Ford Marketing and they tell me the truck is "In Processing" and can't even tell me if the one I ordered is a King Ranch. They tell me my dealer can contact the Ford regional person and they can get more information. I contact the Dealer and they're useless! I don't believe that they even tried to contact anyone at Ford to find out.

I have always been a Ford truck owner, but this is pushing me away from the brand. If they could tell me that the truck is being held up because they can't get specific parts, I would understand, but TOTAL SILENCE is very frustrating. Looks like as soon as I get my new King Ranch, I might have to order the next one so I get it in a couple years!
Sponsored

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
I feel your pain man. I ordered a truck 14 months ago.

Buzzard3142

First Name
Buzzard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor (soon), 2021 Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Retired
I'm a pretty patient guy, but waiting 12 and 14 months is crazy. I probably woulda bailed. I almost always order my new vehicles, never had this long of a wait. I once got a Jeep in 3 1/2 weeks, that was crazy fast. I wouldn't even mind this wait so much if my truck wasn't just sitting in Dearborn since the beginning of January.

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm a pretty patient guy, but waiting 12 and 14 months is crazy. I probably woulda bailed. I almost always order my new vehicles, never had this long of a wait. I once got a Jeep in 3 1/2 weeks, that was crazy fast. I wouldn't even mind this wait so much if my truck wasn't just sitting in Dearborn since the beginning of January.
I agree. I once ordered an Audi RS5 and I had that in under 7 weeks, and that came from Germany!

Sponsored

OP
OP

ToolManDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge
Occupation
Pump Service Manager
I ordered a 2021 F150 King Ranch last May and when I finally got my VIN number in October of 2021 IT WASN'T MY TRUCK! It was a Lariet and it wasn't in my name. The dealer couldn't explain what happened so they had to order me a 2022 as it was too late in the model year. They told me I had "Priority 01" status for the new truck and it is has now been over seven months and still no VIN number. At this point, I'm hoping it isn't going to be a 2023 King Ranch. I have driven nicely equiped XLT Crew Cab F150's for as long as I can remember, but I have never "ordered" one. I normally purchased an XLT off of the lot. This time I decided to order a nicer truck with the options I wanted.......Boy was this a mistake!

I know there is a chip shortage, but the communication from the dealer and Ford has been terrible! I call Ford Marketing and they tell me the truck is "In Processing" and can't even tell me if the one I ordered is a King Ranch. They tell me my dealer can contact the Ford regional person and they can get more information. I contact the Dealer and they're useless! I don't believe that they even tried to contact anyone at Ford to find out.

I have always been a Ford truck owner, but this is pushing me away from the brand. If they could tell me that the truck is being held up because they can't get specific parts, I would understand, but TOTAL SILENCE is very frustrating. Looks like as soon as I get my new King Ranch, I might have to order the next one so I get it in a couple years!

OP
OP

ToolManDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge
Occupation
Pump Service Manager
I Finally got some news on my 2022 King Ranch order....but not good news. I was told they couldn't supply the seats and I would have to change from the 601A package to 600A package. But then they informed me that would then be considered a "New Order" and Ford was not accepting new orders for 2022 F150 trucks?!?!

Now I have to stay with the original order and hope they get parts to build it. Over a year now and not looking good!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I don't understand these extreme stories.
I do understand the 6 month wait stories for the highly optioned trucks. In fact that's my story too. But waiting months and discovering it's not the trim you ordered? Not even in your name?

I'm not sure that is proof of the manufacturer failing but rather human error at the order desk? I guess you will never know.

I was patient the whole 6 months. Never felt angry because there was never any evidence of a problem. Simply a long process. But some of these stories are crazy.

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
I Finally got some news on my 2022 King Ranch order....but not good news. I was told they couldn't supply the seats and I would have to change from the 601A package to 600A package. But then they informed me that would then be considered a "New Order" and Ford was not accepting new orders for 2022 F150 trucks?!?!

Now I have to stay with the original order and hope they get parts to build it. Over a year now and not looking good!
Who is "they"? If it is your dealer telling you this, I would really be skeptical that they knew what they were talking about. From what I saw on other threads and on the Long McArthur YouTube video, my understanding was that orders with the luxury seats would be converted to the regular seat, not that a new order would be required to do so. Any chance your dealer is selling you a line to get you to drop your order so they can resell at new pricing and to negate any large incentives/discounts that you got on your order? Seems like it is time for a conference call with you, your dealer, and the Ford customer support line.

ZOSICK

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat (on order)
I feel your pain. Ordered mine on December, blend date was 3/24. I heard nothing so I went to my dealer and they said it was on hold due to chips. Estimated time is mid-late July. Nothing too crazy as far as build goes, 4 X 2, PB, quad cab, 502A Lariat sport. Best of luck buddy. What I don't understand is trucks ordered in March have been built and in the hands of the owners.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It makes no sense.
I'm sure if we were let behind the curtain and it was all revealed, it would make more sense, although we probably still wouldn't agree with the processes chosen, based on principles.

I gotta be honest and admit that I'm thrilled that I have possession of my 11/12/2021-order, 4/11/2022-built, 5/5/2022-delivered KingRanch Powerboost. And luckily beat the all deletes, save the Park Assist. Of all the deletes currently in play, I now realize that Park Assist is nothing to whine about.

Still, I feel like it is wrong for my truck to be "blended" after yours, but to be safely in my barn.

And although we are all now comfortable with strange terms like "chip hold", technically a truck on chip hold isn't waiting for a chip. It's waiting for some component that has a chip in it. My curiosity drives me crazy to know what PART is someone's truck actually waiting for? I bet we would be stunned to find out on some of these. And where is the truck and how do you interrupt the assembly line if say the Gateway Module was the component? Afterall, it's buried in the center stack and is installed before a lot of other dash components and trim. So was the truck pulled off the assembly line partially assembled and then stored waiting to get back on the assembly line? I mean I don't THINK someone goes out in the parking lot and finishes the assembly of the truck. The stopping point on the assembly line could be any point, and would leave the truck in various states of assembly.

It's a HUGE task to even imagine, if you think about it. Keeping it all organized and documented is something that the industry has never faced before, that I know of.

ZOSICK

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat (on order)
I'm glad you have your truck. Mine will get here when it gets here. I was upset at one point but in the end it doesn't matter. Hopefully I love it when it arrives. I was actually thinking about ordering a Tundra but there is a 4-6 month wait time on them as well.

TheJNev

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Ford Freestyle
I ordered mine in February and you now have me questioning my decision on the KR....the java interior is the only reason I went with it. Now with the F250 banks are closed too.

Hopefully that they pull through for you!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
With the order Banks closed and only 2 more months of scheduling the orders already put in, Ford will be ending 2022 manufacturing and they have to finish all 2022 commitments before the factory switchover to the new year model. They have to "sweep up", so to speak.

It doesn't sound appealing, but it is likely the best way to describe what should be the final opportunity for them to finish unfinished business.

I believe September/October they crank back up and start all over with the fresh August 2023 order bank orders scheduled and begin production.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer

That sounds like bs. Seat removal, or anything ford cannot supply, does not result in package change or order re-entry.

This dealer/salesguy sounds like idiots. If you werent so far into it, the answer would be find a better dealer.
Sponsored