Sponsored

12 inch screen flicker on 2021 Platinum

brenorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariet FX4
I’ve also been having random pre collision alarms going off and a random dead battery. It’s something central.

I wish ford would just acknowledge that the APIM needs to be replaced asap instead of jerking us around.
Sponsored

mjs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I’ve also been having random pre collision alarms going off and a random dead battery. It’s something central.

I wish ford would just acknowledge that the APIM needs to be replaced asap instead of jerking us around.
I had the battery issue too that started after that first visit. Completely dead battery a day after of visit 2 and 3. Drained to the point unable to jumpstart. Dealer ended up replacing battery after some voltage issue and that’s not been a problem anymore.

brenorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariet FX4
Ok, I have a case opened with Ford. I’ll start pushing now to get it replaced

Reactions: mjs

Sponsored

brenorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariet FX4
Found a way to reproduce it basically every time. Cover the ambient light sensor and let the screen dim. Uncover it and when it attempts to brighten it happens for me every time. I tried permanently covering the sensor but it didn’t work, it just made the whole thing go haywire.

Clearly it’s a software glitch with the way the light sensor interacts with sync 4.

Come on ford!!! I don’t want to have to trade this truck in and go back to Toyota.

mjs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Found a way to reproduce it basically every time. Cover the ambient light sensor and let the screen dim. Uncover it and when it attempts to brighten it happens for me every time. I tried permanently covering the sensor but it didn’t work, it just made the whole thing go haywire.

Clearly it’s a software glitch with the way the light sensor interacts with sync 4.

Come on ford!!! I don’t want to have to trade this truck in and go back to Toyota.
The dealer replaced my APIM and the screen has stabilized but now the system won’t save my iPhone for Car Play. You can add a phone and everything works but if you turn the truck off it’s gone. They tell me Ford is aware of the issue but WTH. It’s pathetic at how glitchy this system is.

nhamp07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat
I got a software update 2 days ago and it hasnt happened yet since the update. Fingers crossed.

Sponsored

nhamp07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat
Welp it only lasted a few days as it is back again several times per drive.

Called my local dealership where I bought the truck. They stated for electrical it is first come first serve and you have to drop it off. There are 21 in line right now and it would take about 7 days. I asked for a loaner and they said nope, up to me to make accommodations. So instead of doing appointments, my truck sits there for a week while I could be driving it, and they don't provide loaners. Is this normal?

Enzo0515

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
The dealer replaced my APIM and the screen has stabilized but now the system won’t save my iPhone for Car Play. You can add a phone and everything works but if you turn the truck off it’s gone. They tell me Ford is aware of the issue but WTH. It’s pathetic at how glitchy this system is.
I have the exact same problem after the APIM was replaced. have to re-pair the Iphone ever time i drive the truck if I want my phone connected. I have never had so many problems that seem to not get solved.

mjs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I have the exact same problem after the APIM was replaced. have to re-pair the Iphone ever time i drive the truck if I want my phone connected. I have never had so many problems that seem to not get solved.
You may want to try this…. Worth a shot!
From the iPhone, forget the device (truck) from the Bluetooth setting.
Complete a Master Reset on the Sync system from the settings section.
Re-pair the iPhone.

brenorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariet FX4
Had mine updated a couple weeks ago. Apparently it was difficult to do and they spent time on the phone with the hotline but did two updates. The black screen issue is totally gone and battery drain issue fixed. Then ford called and are giving me a free premium maintenance plan fir 3yrs.

pretty happy. I suggest messaging ford on here.
Sponsored