• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

$12,500 tax credit possible?

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I was hoping we had found out more about the infrastructure bill in it's current form but it appears as though we haven't.
I think we have learned that the reform and extension of the EV subsidies were not in the new infrastructure bill.

The F150EV will qualify for the $7,500 but not likely for OR's $2,500 as that limits at $50k MSRP.

$7.5k vs. $15k is a big difference and likely puts the F150 if not out of reach, too expensive to justify financially.

It is a tax program and as such does fall under the rules of the budget reconciliation but we'll just have to wait and see how it falls out. Since it was stripped out, there's clearly opposition in Congress to boosting EV sales.
Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I think we have learned that the reform and extension of the EV subsidies were not in the new infrastructure bill.

The F150EV will qualify for the $7,500 but not likely for OR's $2,500 as that limits at $50k MSRP.

$7.5k vs. $15k is a big difference and likely puts the F150 if not out of reach, too expensive to justify financially.

It is a tax program and as such does fall under the rules of the budget reconciliation but we'll just have to wait and see how it falls out. Since it was stripped out, there's clearly opposition in Congress to boosting EV sales.
Maybe Ford messed up? Ooops, we paid off the wrong congressperson? ...Again? I'm sure that can be fixed-- Let's help and start a crowdfunding campaign on this thread!

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Maybe Ford messed up? Ooops, we paid off the wrong congressperson? ...Again? I'm sure that can be fixed-- Let's help and start a crowdfunding campaign on this thread!
I don't think Ford cares that much. They get the same amount of money, federal incentive or not and they know they will be able to sell all the Lightnings they can make. Ford care much more about the tax credits they get on a corporate level along with overall fleet fuel economy.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Maybe Ford messed up?
Ford, GM, Tesla and the largest public utilities in the US all lobbied for the expansion and extension of the EV subsidy.

Not sure crowdfunding is useful. What would the money be used for? Writing letters to Senators opposed to the EV tax credit would be most effective especially if from constituents.

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
Writing letters to Senators opposed to the EV tax credit would be most effective especially if from constituents.
Those idiots dont read anything from us, they have interns that toss the stuff in the trash. And they could care less what we think unless there is a perk for them involved. Such a sad political system we have.

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Those idiots dont read anything from us, they have interns that toss the stuff in the trash. And they could care less what we think unless there is a perk for them involved. Such a sad political system we have.
Unfortunately you’re right, and that’s exactly what I was joking about in my earlier post. Example: I tried e-mailing the governor several times to ask him to call the legislature into a special session so they could reinstate the initiative process that the state Supreme Court just threw out here in Mississippi. No reply, not even a “we’re going to look into it “. Sad to say it, but money talks, and everything else is just static. Wildly off topic, I know, but it does illustrate the larger point.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I don't think Ford cares that much. They get the same amount of money, federal incentive or not and they know they will be able to sell all the Lightnings they can make. Ford care much more about the tax credits they get on a corporate level along with overall fleet fuel economy.
I don't know that they'll make the same amount of money with or without the credit. Tesla and GM both lowered their prices by approximately the value of the tax credit... Tesla by actually lowering prices, GM (Bolt) by increasing manufacturer/dealer discounts.

Maybe Ford will be different, but I think they'll make at least SOME more money with the credit in place.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Those idiots dont read anything from us, they have interns that toss the stuff in the trash.
They do read it and file it as letters from actual consituents in their district are election gold to all elected officials. Shame people give up on their government and don't participate. We have had relentless attacks on US government at every level with the idea to reduce participation which increases the power of money in politics.

In the case of EV credits and the Ford F150, if those want to see Ford succeed would write to their state and Fedeal representatives, especially those who are opposed to EV's, it does help.

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
They do read it and file it as letters from actual consituents in their district are election gold to all elected officials. Shame people give up on their government and don't participate. We have had relentless attacks on US government at every level with the idea to reduce participation which increases the power of money in politics.

In the case of EV credits and the Ford F150, if those want to see Ford succeed would write to their state and Fedeal representatives, especially those who are opposed to EV's, it does help.
You must have drank some liberal kool-aid to believe that.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
You must have drank some liberal kool-aid to believe that.
Well I am an American dreamer, definitely drink the Declaration of Independence/Constitution cool aid every July 4 which, like the US founders, kind of defines the liberal enlightenment of 1700's.

The more people participate in government on issues that are important to them (I lobby a lot on Salmon issues in Pacific NW) the more they understand how government works and how it does respond to the public. Government doesn't work when people don't participate.

To the issue of EV tax credit, vote for candidates who support it, write or talk to your elected rep. about the issues if you want to see it happen.

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired

I used to believe that. Then I became an elected official. Then I became a businessperson and had to begin contributing to campaign coffers and saw how decisions were really made and why phone calls got answered. But the real deal on constituent mail became super-obvious last year - and it is now clear that it is absurd to EVER write your elected officials or provide comment letters on pending legislation or rules - because they are already being swamped with hundreds of millions of fake communications that LOOK like they are from actual constituents - so they (of necessity) have essentially shut down listening. This is literally how politicians are now being buried in fake "constituent" email, regular mail and other commentary, and why it is therefore useless for us to do so any more: https://nypost.com/2021/05/06/broad...s-of-fake-net-neutrality-comments-ny-ag-says/

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I used to believe that....
Issue we've been working on for decades, taking down the Snake River dam, getting closer are closer with bipartisan plan that hopefully both parties latch onto to show how bipartisan they are. Same with a lot of smaller dams, steady pressure on elected reps and a lot of them have come down.

Which is somewhat related to EV's as these are small hydropower dams.

To the upping the EV tax credit to $13,500 for US made F150EV, sure hope they get it into the reconciliation bill as a tax measure. It will have a real positive impact on EV sales and especially boost US made EV's.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
To the upping the EV tax credit to $13,500 for US made F150EV, sure hope they get it into the reconciliation bill as a tax measure. It will have a real positive impact on EV sales and especially boost US made EV's.
No matter how many times you repeat it, it is still false! The much discussed potential EV credit is $12,500, not $13,500.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I live in Oregon, wouldn't the standard range Pro qualify for the full $12,500 here?

If you can fully utilize that Tax credit that's potentially a $27.5k F-150 Lightning.
Sponsored