• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

$12,500 tax credit possible?

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
“Future generations of taxpayers” will actually be quite thankful to be alive and spending quality time at a beach located just a few miles and not a hundred miles from current shorelines. Literally everything we do today to shift to EVs is a necessary and worthy investment, squabbling over a few $Ks will look ridiculously like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic to future generations.
ridiculous assertions, completely devoid of facts. There is no place that the ocean will advance a hundred miles. Crazy talk. You have ANY idea what the forward flood maps look like? My waterfront properties in Palm Beach and Virginia will be just fine. We'll lose a few feet at our waterfront tidewater oyster farm in Virginia, zero land area at our waterfront place in Florida, even with eight feet of sea rise, far more than predicted.

The handwringing is absurd. I've spent a lot of time in the Netherlands, have bicycled every river route there. They have prepped for 45-50' of sea rise, are fully prepared for any contingency. They are WAY ahead of us but we will be ready when truly necessary. The U.S. west coast needs almost nothing in terms of hardening, and the east coast needs moderate relocation, but mostly just mitigation. Billions will be spent, but totally manageable. The handwringing types need to get on the stick and stop worrying so much. Planning for change instead of wailing about it is way healthier for everyone.

Have any idea how many occupied residential barrier islands there were in Virginia in 1920? Twenty-three. There are zero today. Entire towns are gone. Major hotels and resorts disappeared. The 1932 hurricanes did much of the "convincing" - well before AGW. There's a great museum in Machipongo called the Barrier Islands Center that documents the families and buildings that had to relocate. Change happens. People adapt. Some of the relocated families are now our friends in Pungoteague, VA. We'll be fine folks. Tax credits or not.
Sponsored

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Literally everything we do today to shift to EVs is a necessary and worthy investment, squabbling over a few $Ks will look ridiculously like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic to future generations.
So true. Even with tax credits, state rebates, emissions regs In terms of the overall trend, from 1990 to 2019, total transportation emissions have increased due, in large part, to increased demand for travel.

That's why higher subsidies and stricter regulations with shorter timelines are needed to cut emissions by 90% based on 2000 emissions levels.

To this topic boosting the EV credit to $12.500 and raising the vehicle MSRP limit to $80k, it reflects the reality of needing faster adoption and the higher cost of EV's. CA and the US CARB states along with EU and China have put in regs to have all zero emissions vehicles by 2035 and have increased the subsidies on purchasing the vehicles.

We have to move faster. It is a true life or death threat. US ag can't really adapt to the high temps and drought from global warming. Not only will food costs increase from costs to irrigate via desalinization (the only place the lost ag. water can come from) but the actual supply of food will shrink. We see it happening as scientists have warned us but still have people deny it or say the response of subsidies to reduce the upon us catastrophe are "immoral" when the reverse is true, it is immoral not to address it every way we can.

Last edited:

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
retired
Those were purely disgusting rants. Nothing like going to an EV forum and telling everyone your are a rich ass who screws the taxpayers, and then acts like it’s their fault. Typical right wing, “global warming isn’t real“ attitude.

Sponsored

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
The height of arrogance is thinking you can change the climate. Our air does not hover over the US. Nor does China's hover over theirs. Have you seen the skies over India?

We used to save trees and now the goal post is to change the climate! The most radical greenies drive their prius with a bike on the roof to bike trails. If you are THAT concerned then stop taking trips!

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
I’m for helping the environment and clean water, but not for the end of the world doomsayers. If celebrities actually believed their rhetoric they would be selling me their beach homes for a $1.

I live in MD since I am hoping Global Warming speeds up and becomes the next Florida. My property values will go up. ;-)

I will personallly leverage the tax credit if made available, even if I don’t think it makes sense for our country to take on more debt.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
If you are THAT concerned then stop taking trips!
I'm that concerned and used Federal, state and utility credits and regs to go 150% solar on house and purchase EV for twice as much as I've ever paid for car. Even with rebates it was putting $85k to cut my emissions by 70%, putting money to mouth. Also upgraded engine on boat from 2 Star to 3 Star which is 60% reduction in emissions for my boating. To meet science goals of 90% reduction of 2000 level emissions, I've spent $100k and cut my 2000 emissions by 70%. Electric outboard on boat is next step and I'll meet the 90% reduction goal.

I punch the clock so that $100k was a real out of retirement savings cost but do feel like I need to walk the walk.

On your Prius example, assuming an average 25.7 mpg, the Prius owner cut his emissions by 50% with no lifestyle changes. Again putting her money to her views and doing good.

For all the political heat in Pungoteague posts, he did great with the EV's, solar and geothermal which must have cut his emissions for large property and vehicles by a LOT. Good on him. Wish more wealthy folks would do it. See so many 2nd home McMansions with no solar. If paying them a percentage gets the emissions off the table, I'm for it. My guess is he would not have done it without the rebates despite the rhetoric.

That's why I'm stretching again on the F150EV. Nothing is more iconic and fuel hungry than a pickup if my fishing buds with their lifted F150's and Tundras see me spending $200 for boat fuel while they spend $500 for boat and truck at the gas station, it will get their attention. Plus it's US made and union made. A good investment in future.

Last edited:

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Plus as we see here, the Ford F150EV involves two very different demographics that often don't talk at all or stay off topics like global warming. Even if they say they only got it for the savings on fuel or the acceleration (the original Lightning and current Raptor markets) that's OK. It's still emissions off the table.

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
retired
Plus as we see here, the Ford F150EV involves two very different demographics that often don't talk at all or stay off topics like global warming. Even if they say they only got it for the savings on fuel or the acceleration (the original Lightning and current Raptor markets) that's OK. It's still emissions off the table.
So true, but you can’t let flat Earther‘s have free rain, otherwise we will be having a repeat of Jan 6th every 4 years.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
So true, but you can’t let flat Earther‘s have free rain, otherwise we will be having a repeat of Jan 6th every 4 years.
True but it's like Thanksgiving at Uncle Donald's we are kind in their house here as a sub-forum of a pick up forum so as polite guests focus on the common ground. With EU and China totally on board with climate science and nearly 50% of US with the CARB states having similar policies with end of ICE vehicles by 2035 being the keystone, the world is moving and taking Uncle Donald along no matter what. Hate to see the US held back so that, in the case of transportation, the US tech and mfg will be 3rd rate and we'll be buying batteries from Korea (Ford, Tesla) and mag lev trains from China, electric buses from Germany. Specifically to F150E, if the Donalds kill the EV rebate upgrade in coming months, Ford will lose F150E sales that are so important to its future weakening it vs. overseas competition. Maybe me as $5k is a chunk of change on a really expensive purchase, if baby needs shoes, I might have to follow financial sense and replace the Tesla with Hyundai or Kia EV vs. the F150.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Any chance we can keep this Tax Credit thread about the Tax Credit the original OP posted about, and not divulge into hate spewing political arguments? There are other forums on the web for that...

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
Strange people in this sub-group. People worried about January 6th instead of the 100's of riots that occurred all year and the political censorship from big tech. I would personally prefer if my truck was made in the USA by non-Union workers since they hurt US global competitiveness.

Unions in the public sector were largely responsible for most of the issues we faced last year (hint, it wasn't police...but more likely police/teacher unions and hyperbole about racism from the left)

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Strange people in this sub-group. People worried about January 6th instead of the 100's of riots that occurred all year and the political censorship from big tech. I would personally prefer if my truck was made in the USA by non-Union workers since they hurt US global competitiveness.

Unions in the public sector were largely responsible for most of the issues we faced last year (hint, it wasn't police...but more likely police/teacher unions and hyperbole about racism from the left)
Right after a post asking to stop political post in this forum, we get this guy :rolleyes:

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Well that was a fun read. I was hoping we had found out more about the infrastructure bill in it's current form but it appears as though we haven't.
Sponsored